BATTLETECH Final Update This Month

Harebrained Schemes announces that with the conclusion of the Season Pass for BATTLETECH, the version 1.9 update expected later this month will be their final update for the mech combat revival, though they remain committed to customer support for the game (thanks Neutronbeam). They explain that they are embarking on "two brand new non-BattleTech projects." They illustrate the news with a Thank you from BATTLETECH and HBS video and a BATTLETECH Visualization Map video. Here's word:
Thanks again for all your support for BATTLETECH over the last 4 years. That support allowed us to deliver the first turn-based, tactical MechWarrior experience in more than 20 years and we truly appreciate the opportunity to make it for you. Your support, along with some great press, awards, and accolades allowed us to continue supporting BATTLETECH with nine free updates plus our Flashpoint, Urban Warfare, and Heavy Metal expansions. Thanks again for making all of this possible!

Now, with our season pass at an end, HBS is going to focus on two brand new non-BattleTech projects. Our last free update, BATTLETECH Update 1.9, will release in late February. After that, BATTLETECH will continue to maintain customer support.

Here's a video of Mitch saying all this but with more "Mitch".

And before we go dark for awhile, we thought we'd leave you with these two historical artifacts. #1 is a bit of data...
[Infographic snipped]
#2 is a visualization of the BATTLETECH project over time from a file structure POV. (It's much cooler than it sounds.)

We look forward to seeing all the badass BATTLETECH mods y'all come up with. Talk to you again when we have something to announce!
View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: BATTLETECH Final Update This Month
Feb 12, 2020, 15:37
Re: BATTLETECH Final Update This Month Feb 12, 2020, 15:37
Feb 12, 2020, 15:37

Bishi wrote on Feb 12, 2020, 06:40:
If you never played this or want to breathe new life into it i thoroughly recommend Battletech Advanced. Its a standalone mod pack that keeps a vanilla feel but thoroughly overhauls the gameplay, I'm currently playing a career mode ironman campaign and really enjoying it, campaign missions even appear as flashpoints. It is much better thought out and less chaotic than Roguetech and has more depth than Battletech Extended.

Thanks for this advice. I've been wondering about firing it back up.

Feb 12, 2020, 06:40
Re: BATTLETECH Final Update This Month Feb 12, 2020, 06:40
Feb 12, 2020, 06:40

If you never played this or want to breathe new life into it i thoroughly recommend Battletech Advanced. Its a standalone mod pack that keeps a vanilla feel but thoroughly overhauls the gameplay, I'm currently playing a career mode ironman campaign and really enjoying it, campaign missions even appear as flashpoints. It is much better thought out and less chaotic than Roguetech and has more depth than Battletech Extended.

Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
Feb 12, 2020, 03:50
Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Feb 12, 2020, 03:50
Feb 12, 2020, 03:50

Satanski wrote on Feb 12, 2020, 03:40:
More Shadowrun, please
They already did three games with that setting. And then they worked at least four years on Battletech. I understand that they want to do something new and wish them all the success in the world. And after THAT i don't mind them coming back to Shadowrun

Feb 12, 2020, 03:40
Re: BATTLETECH Final Update This Month Feb 12, 2020, 03:40
Feb 12, 2020, 03:40

More Shadowrun, please

Re: Out of the Blue
Feb 11, 2020, 22:49
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2020, 22:49
Feb 11, 2020, 22:49

I was really disappointed with it in general. The missions were just too generic and repetitive, after about 2 hours you've pretty much seen it all, aside from tech upgrades.

Feb 11, 2020, 21:08
Re: BATTLETECH Final Update This Month Feb 11, 2020, 21:08
Feb 11, 2020, 21:08

I hope this was a profitable endeavor. It would be nice to see a few new (and more feature-rich) Battletech products in the next few years. My dream is to see a single player game with a less tropey story, Co-Op, and PvP.

...and if they built one like the original Neverwinter Nights where the host could gamemaster sessions....whoa.
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older