6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: etc., etc.
Feb 6, 2020, 07:02
Re: etc., etc. Feb 6, 2020, 07:02
Feb 6, 2020, 07:02

The article is rather lightweight and is not even aware of one of the major reasons cheating, once it gets started, is rarely stamped out completely in online games.

Online games these days live and die on how many whales they can hook and keep on the line. These are players who have the money to spend and like paying to have an edge. Big surprise they also tend to be the biggest users of multiplayer game premium cheat software. Bans of these players instantly shuts down the incoming cash spigot.

As long as they retain enough whales, and they continue to spend enough to pay the bills, most online games, really don't care if half the non-profit generating player base quits.
"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Feb 6, 2020, 01:38
Re: etc., etc. Feb 6, 2020, 01:38
Feb 6, 2020, 01:38

I think your 15% of PC Dying Light owners are using unsupported mods guess is waaay too high.

Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
Feb 6, 2020, 01:29
Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Feb 6, 2020, 01:29
Feb 6, 2020, 01:29

Cutter wrote on Feb 5, 2020, 22:21:
I don't understand the point of even playing a game if you're going to cheat.
Then you don't. As long it happens only in SP, everyone is free to do as they please.

Feb 5, 2020, 22:21
Cutter

Re: etc., etc. Feb 5, 2020, 22:21
Feb 5, 2020, 22:21
 Cutter

I don't understand the point of even playing a game if you're going to cheat.
Morty: You sold a gun to a murderer so you could play video games?
Rick: Yeah, sure, I mean, if you spend all day shuffling words around, you can make anything sound bad, Morty.

Feb 5, 2020, 21:01
Re: etc., etc. Feb 5, 2020, 21:01
Feb 5, 2020, 21:01

Technically I use cheats all the time, but never play online. By using mods, console commands and trainers.

Fuck publishers who try to stop gamers from playing single player games like they want. Middlefinger

One of my favorite developers Techland (Dead Island and Dying Light among many others) or their new master WB, have created a catastrophic problem with Dying Light.
My single player game constantly breaks each time they patch because I use mods and/or trainers. 100s of hours of gameplay I've lost and I'm just one customer.

I'm guessing they sold about 13 million DL games, with probably 50% PC. I'm guessing about 3 million are single player only sales, with about 1 million using either mods or some trainers.
A rough extrapolation is 10s of millions of lost gameplay, for single player only customers.

I hope someone will show/prove me full of shit. :-poop-: [we don't have a poop emote, how dare you!] Giggle
If not you better be prepared in the future of losing untold hours on your favorite games.
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably. There has never been a figure in political history, so dedicated to destroying the prospects of organized human life on the planet, in the near future.

Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!

Feb 5, 2020, 19:37
Re: etc., etc. Feb 5, 2020, 19:37
Feb 5, 2020, 19:37

"In an era of streaming and purchasable premium functions, cheat software can have a direct impact on revenue"

Who else can see them coming from a mile? Give them an inch, they'll take a yard.

In the context of multiplayer, I guess it has some merits ( not that I condone the stupid microtransaction systems of some games for online content NOR online cheating, I think both are plagues).

But cheating software for online is far from easily accessible ( often behind a paywall contrarily to free ram scanners like cheat engine ), and now some games even try to sell you "game currency" for singleplayer offline play, but this kind of data, locally kept on drive and/or in memory can be modified through much more mundane means like Cheat engine / Tsearch / Winhex.

See where this is going now? The endgame is they want to police your ram and your hard drive and tell you what you can and cannot do with your files, your data, on your own PC, then turn around and sell you what you could get for free with a ram scanner, hex editor, etc.

They'll probably also try to ban or make it impossible for the most part to mod games so you can have an easier time grinding, or easy gold, etc.

I'd bet a 100$ that that the worst publishers as far as this is concerned, you know who they are, will try the dick move of, incrementally, at first only online multiplayer, then online singleplayer, then offline singleplayer, making them one after the other illegal or impossible by 2030.
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older