Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 26, 2020, 19:34  BIGtrouble77 

My feeling is... just don't tell everyone you are full time. There's always going to be a demographic that is either jealous or believes that being a Youtuber is not a real job, so don't even start the conversation. I personally would never put all of my career eggs in the youtube basket, but I'm fine with people trying to make a living. The dude across the street from me tried to be a pro twitch streamer for a year and just had to get a job as a security guard... moral of that story is don't give up on your education or career path unless you are REALLY sure the "influencer" think is going to work out.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 26, 2020, 18:39  RedEye9 

Celebrity endorsements will probably end next week.
I mean they've only been around since the 1760s when Mr. Wedgwood used royal endorsements for his pottery and chinaware.
smh

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene

6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 26, 2020, 18:33  Cutter 

jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2020, 17:03:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 26, 2020, 13:51:
"Their followers aren't always impressed"

-_-

Articles for the sake of it?
If you'd read the article you'd know that we aren't the target audience. We aren't into influencer culture the way gens Y and Z are. It's a prime source of entertainment for them. I actually found the article an informative and interesting view into a world I typically don't interact with.

Maybe not social media "influencer" faux celeb bullshit but we've always been influenced by actual real celebrities. Look at any article from companies that are paying these people and the ROI is always crap. Those corps losing money will wake up to that fact one day. I can't imagine if Pewdiepie tells his followers to drink Budweiser that any of them actually would.

"Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin…I don't know why I just said that. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but gonna stand by it. Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin! I'm owning it." - Rick Sanchez

5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 26, 2020, 18:22  RedEye9 

Don't quit your day job.  

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene

4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 26, 2020, 18:09 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 26, 2020, 18:00:

-_-

If you'd read the article you'd know that we aren't the target audience. We aren't into influencer culture the way gens Y and Z are. It's a prime source of entertainment for them. I actually found the article an informative and interesting view into a world I typically don't interact with.

Well that wasnt my point.
The title is BS. Most Youtube videos get more dislikes and worse comments without even having any controversial content. So why even talk about this?
Why not be honest about the article you write?

I'm confused about why you're focusing on some dislike count that's not even mentioned in the article.

3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 26, 2020, 18:00 Muscular Beaver

-_-

Well that wasnt my point.
The title is BS. Most Youtube videos get more dislikes and worse comments without even having any controversial content. So why even talk about this?
Why not be honest about the article you write?

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 26, 2020, 17:03  jdreyer 

-_-

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 26, 2020, 13:51 Muscular Beaver

-_-

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >