Out of the Blue

Happy Lunar New Year, as today begins the Year of the Rat according to the Chinese zodiac calendar. Specifically this is the Year of the Metal Rat, which means it's in danger of having its head bitten off by Ozzy Osbourne. So there, happy new year!

But as you have probably guessed, I fear that for the next few weeks I'll still be writing Year of the Pig on my checks.

Obituary: Samasource CEO Leila Janah passes away at 37.
Obituary: Clayton Christensen, author of “The Innovator’s Dilemma,” has passed away at age 67.

Running Gag Links: Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.
Science: First space-baked cookies took 2 hours in experimental oven. Thanks Slashdot.
Fossilized Insect Discovered Not in Amber, But in Opal. Chaos theory confirmed.
Robotic gripper uses acoustic levitation for contact-free manipulation. Thanks Max.
Brain burnout. Thanks Max.
Media: Talking to a hacker in PUBG - Cheater. NSFW.
Albatross-Live at the Hollywood Bowl: RIP Terry Jones.
Franzl Lang - Full of Lust for Life. No Trololo Song, but close.
View : : :
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer

Re: Out of the Blue
Jan 25, 2020, 15:24
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2020, 15:24
Jan 25, 2020, 15:24
 Kxmode

I got very inspired by the collab music posted for BGE2 and wanted to enter the fray. Here's my 4:40 minute contribution. It's a "remix," but I'm hoping the track lead considers it a full production since they explicitly asked for "a vibe-y, space-y beat with eastern influences!". Personally, it's my favorite track that I've produced in the past 30 or so years. The sound quality is excellent on my Bose computer speakers and my Rokit5 KRK studio monitors. If they accept it, I'll be in the game's credits! *crosses fingers*
"The present is a veil between anticipation and horror. Lift the veil... and madness may follow." source

Jan 25, 2020, 15:48
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2020, 15:48
Jan 25, 2020, 15:48

Never gets old! This site is the one consistent thing in my life. If you ever decide to make major changes or shut down I may not survive.
"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

Jan 25, 2020, 16:32
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2020, 16:32
Jan 25, 2020, 16:32

Yeah, best joke of the year for sure. Makes me wish I had physical cheques just so I could do that. Go to the bank and do that. When the teller corrects you about the date say, 'Oh sorry.' then scratch out pig and write in rat, 'There ya go.'

No shit, welcome to Canada. I have a lot of family on The Rock and have been hearing all about this insane winter. I'll never understand why my ancestors thought settling on an island in the North Atlantic was a good idea.

"I like my coffee like I like my women. Black, with a side of prune danish." - Gilbert Gottfried

Jan 25, 2020, 17:43
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2020, 17:43
Jan 25, 2020, 17:43

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2020, 16:32:
... Makes me wish I had physical cheques just so I could do that.
I still pay all my bills with them via snail mail.

I could switch to electronic billing and use the e-pay system at my credit union, but screw that. It only helps the people I am paying. I want to make them work to get my payment. If any of them want to offer me a $1 credit each billing period, then for that company I'd be willing to switch. But I'm not making their lives easier for free.

and yes, I realize if they did that, they would simply build the expense into the bills
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jan 25, 2020, 20:18
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2020, 20:18
Jan 25, 2020, 20:18

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 25, 2020, 17:43:

I could switch to electronic billing and use the e-pay system at my credit union, but screw that. It only helps the people I am paying. I want to make them work to get my payment. If any of them want to offer me a $1 credit each billing period, then for that company I'd be willing to switch. But I'm not making their lives easier for free.

and yes, I realize if they did that, they would simply build the expense into the bills

Hah, that's actually a great philosophy. But how much do you spend on postage and envelopes doing that?

"I like my coffee like I like my women. Black, with a side of prune danish." - Gilbert Gottfried

Jan 25, 2020, 21:18
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2020, 21:18
Jan 25, 2020, 21:18

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2020, 20:18:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 25, 2020, 17:43:

Hah, that's actually a great philosophy. But how much do you spend on postage and envelopes doing that?
Don't know, don't care. I know I could save the postage (they send envelopes, even if they didn't they are only about a penny each) and I refuse to save them the postage they are spending, and the costs they incur from having to process my physical payment without compensation. Screw that. Besides it gives me a reason to leave the house, to mail the envelopes. These days I don't get out nearly as often as I should... Winkrazz
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Re: Rocket League macOS and Linux Refund Update
Jan 25, 2020, 21:56
Kxmode

Re: Rocket League macOS and Linux Refund Update Jan 25, 2020, 21:56
Jan 25, 2020, 21:56
 Kxmode

Kxmode wrote on Jan 25, 2020, 15:24:
I got very inspired by the collab music posted for BGE2 and wanted to enter the fray. Here's my 4:40 minute contribution. It's a "remix," but I'm hoping the track lead considers it a full production since they explicitly asked for "a vibe-y, space-y beat with eastern influences!". Personally, it's my favorite track that I've produced in the past 30 or so years. The sound quality is excellent on my Bose computer speakers and my Rokit5 KRK studio monitors. If they accept it, I'll be in the game's credits! *crosses fingers*

Stuck in a creativity bomb. I posted ideas for band names, designs for logos and background information for the bands that appear on pirate Radio Cheetah. My favorite is BANGERZ and ROOT TEMPLE QUAN.

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2020, 23:23.
"The present is a veil between anticipation and horror. Lift the veil... and madness may follow." source

Jan 26, 2020, 00:16
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2020, 00:16
Jan 26, 2020, 00:16

I absolutely love the Chinese new year check comment. For the past 10 years I've said the same joke to my wife, and get a suitable groan; which sustains me for another year.

BluesNews has been there for nearly my whole digital life, and I visit 2-3 times per day, every day, forever...

Jan 26, 2020, 02:46
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2020, 02:46
Jan 26, 2020, 02:46

DrSquick wrote on Jan 26, 2020, 00:16:
<Snip> BluesNews has been there for nearly my whole digital life, and I visit 2-3 times per day, every day, forever...

This.

~Finis~

Jan 26, 2020, 11:08
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2020, 11:08
Jan 26, 2020, 11:08

You gotta watch last nights SNL cold open, it is fantastical.
Adam Driver hosted the show.
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/alan-dershowitz-argues-for-trump-cold-open/4105518
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer