Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters

In a post on the Fortnite Website Epic Games warns competitive Fortnite players that they are on the lookout for those who are cheating by way of collusion. Here's word on what you should not be during in battle royale matches, and how you may get tossed for being a tosser who engages in toy tossing:
Players may not work together to deceive or otherwise cheat other players during any match (“Collusion”). Examples of Collusion include the following:

• Teaming: Players working together during the match while on opposing teams.
  • Planned Movement: Agreement between 2 or more opposing players to land at specific locations or to move through the map in a planned way before the match begins.
  • Communication: Sending or receiving signals (both verbal and non-verbal) to communicate with opposing players.
  • Item Dumping: Intentionally dropping items for an opposing player to collect.

Throughout last year, players have been sending or receiving signals more commonly during official Fortnite competitions to the point where many players are confused around the ruling.

For 2020 (starting 1/20/20), we are taking action against any kind of in-game communication between opponents via signaling in official tournament matches. This includes, but is not limited to:

• Pick-axe swinging
  • Emoting
  • Toy tossing
  • Jumping

Any cases of signaling like those listed above will now result in a teaming/collusion penalty. We want to be explicitly clear that pacifism-style gameplay is still allowed, but if signaling is involved, we will review and take appropriate action for the teaming/collusion penalty. Repeat offenders may be subject to increased penalties.

View : : :
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters
Jan 22, 2020, 07:46
Re: Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters Jan 22, 2020, 07:46
Jan 22, 2020, 07:46

Jonjonz wrote on Jan 22, 2020, 06:34:
100% Bluster and PR Hot Air

Reads just like the PR sent out by lots of old games like Anarchy Online and Perfect World International after huge outbreaks of cheating and/or unpatched exploits became common knowledge.

They are trying to assuage their non-cheating player base into sticking around, even though in reality little if anything will be done about the cheating. Usually this is because:

* the cheaters include most of the games most profitable whales
* the cheating is so widespread, banning a third to half the player base would cripple the game
* the publisher has already stripped the developer and maintenance crew to the bare minimum and has no intention adding resources needed to fix the issue with patches.
If they would put only half as much effort into anti-cheat measures as they do on anti-piracy measures, we would have it much less frustrating in online games.

But yeah, on games like this, they wont ban whales. Because whales arent as numerous as people think. They will only ban them if it becomes public and very obvious. Ive reported numerous of cheaters in many different games, even with incriminating footage, and they were rarely banned, because often they were good money machines for them, because either they would have bought every single DLC and skin or would be a streamer.
I remember someone blatantly exploiting game bugs, destroying the whole fun for everyone in games with him (played against him several times), and the devs clearly stated in their ToS that they would ban people who exploit bugs for their own advantage, yet he never got banned because he was a streamer and had put close to a thousand dollars into that game already.
Not even hard video evidence helped.
But they did ban another, much more popular streamer once, only after it got a lot of public attention, when he showed an exploit to his audience.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Jan 22, 2020, 07:15
Re: Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters Jan 22, 2020, 07:15
Jan 22, 2020, 07:15

Jonjonz wrote on Jan 22, 2020, 06:34:

Reads just like the PR sent out by lots of old games like Anarchy Online and Perfect World International after huge outbreaks of cheating and/or unpatched exploits became common knowledge.

They are trying to assuage their non-cheating player base into sticking around, even though in reality little if anything will be done about the cheating. Usually this is because:

* the cheating is so widespread, banning a third to half the player base would cripple the game
* the publisher has already stripped the developer and maintenance crew to the bare minimum and has no intention adding resources needed to fix the issue with patches.

NAILED IT !

Trying to go back and think how many times I have heard from a Dev that they are working hard on catching cheaters & banning them..... then realize a year or more later, still nothing significant has been done.
The number becomes so high I hit a stack overflow in the old noodle...

Jan 22, 2020, 06:34
Re: Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters Jan 22, 2020, 06:34
Jan 22, 2020, 06:34

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -- H

Jan 22, 2020, 02:22
Kxmode

Re: Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters Jan 22, 2020, 02:22
Jan 22, 2020, 02:22
 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2020, 01:30:
My son is 12. He hates Fortnite.

He's obviously a cheater. Epic must clamp down Precrime style!
"...and in stonks, Fizzy Squeezy Stocklebocks leaped over Droopy Whoopy Bondfluffs, hitting 300-gigglebits to their 150-snorebucks. Meanwhile, in Whimsyland's market, the pancakes reached parity with pogo sticks."

Jan 22, 2020, 02:07
Re: Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters Jan 22, 2020, 02:07
Jan 22, 2020, 02:07

nm

Jan 22, 2020, 01:30
Re: Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters Jan 22, 2020, 01:30
Jan 22, 2020, 01:30

My son is 12. He hates Fortnite.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Jan 21, 2020, 22:47
Re: Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters Jan 21, 2020, 22:47
Jan 21, 2020, 22:47

Wait. 12 year olds? Cheating? SAY IT AIN'T SO! Laugh2

Jan 21, 2020, 20:43
Re: Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters Jan 21, 2020, 20:43
Jan 21, 2020, 20:43

Bumpy wrote on Jan 21, 2020, 20:21:
What if I wear my hat off to the side?

Well that's not cheating, it just means you're straight up gangsta'.
"While playing golf today I hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake." - Henny Youngman

Jan 21, 2020, 20:21
Re: Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters Jan 21, 2020, 20:21
Jan 21, 2020, 20:21

What if I wear my hat off to the side?

Jan 21, 2020, 19:54
Re: Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters Jan 21, 2020, 19:54
Jan 21, 2020, 19:54

"There was no collusion. No collusion."
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Jan 21, 2020, 19:52
Re: Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters Jan 21, 2020, 19:52
Jan 21, 2020, 19:52

Kxmode wrote on Jan 21, 2020, 19:00:
What kind of imbecilic move is this?! Cheating is a purposeful anti-social online behavior to stop at the time committed, followed by a ban with a notice after the fact. You don't do it the other way around. Highway Patrol officers don't post signs warning drivers to slow down because there's a patrol car up ahead. They stay in the shadows and catch those breaking the law at the time of the incident. That unknown factor is what keeps most people from doing the dirty deed. If cheaters know they'll get advanced notice, then they'll cheat until they see it. It doesn't prevent cheating. It only makes cheaters smarter.
In the future, the division of Pre-Crime prevents cheating before it can occur. When a potential cheater signs up for an account, they are greeted with the message: "The Division of Pre-Crime has determined that you will cheat on September 1, 2051, thus you are prohibited from creating this account."

Jan 21, 2020, 19:23
Re: Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters Jan 21, 2020, 19:23
Jan 21, 2020, 19:23

Kxmode,
Also possible, maybe Epic is smartly giving the cheaters a false message, so they get too bold, and instead of "warning" them when caught, Epic outright bans them.

You know, the old misinform the enemy trick

Jan 21, 2020, 19:00
Kxmode

Re: Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters Jan 21, 2020, 19:00
Jan 21, 2020, 19:00
 Kxmode

What kind of imbecilic move is this?! Cheating is a purposeful anti-social online behavior to stop at the time committed, followed by a ban with a notice after the fact. You don't do it the other way around. Highway Patrol officers don't post signs warning drivers to slow down because there's a patrol car up ahead. They stay in the shadows and catch those breaking the law at the time of the incident. That unknown factor is what keeps most people from doing the dirty deed. If cheaters know they'll get advanced notice, then they'll cheat until they see it. It doesn't prevent cheating. It only makes cheaters smarter.
"...and in stonks, Fizzy Squeezy Stocklebocks leaped over Droopy Whoopy Bondfluffs, hitting 300-gigglebits to their 150-snorebucks. Meanwhile, in Whimsyland's market, the pancakes reached parity with pogo sticks."

Jan 21, 2020, 18:35
Re: Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters Jan 21, 2020, 18:35
Jan 21, 2020, 18:35

I'm a fortnite cheater, catch me if you can? Mwahaha
Scorpio Slasher: ... What about you boy, what do hate?
Marcus: ... Bullies. Tiny d*ck egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you.

Jan 21, 2020, 18:17
Re: Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters Jan 21, 2020, 18:17
Jan 21, 2020, 18:17

Man, the lengths people go to to cheat. Boggles the mind.
"While playing golf today I hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake." - Henny Youngman
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older