Ubisoft Shakeup to Improve Gaming Experience

A statement on VGC from Ubisoft announces a shakeup to the company's editorial team to create more varied gameplay experiences. They tie this back to last year's news that the publisher/developer was delaying three games to rethink their approach after disappointment in the response to Ghost Recon Breakpoint and The Division 2. VGC says: "It’s believed that by spreading editorial’s responsibilities across a group of leaders, the team can help bring a more distinct identity to their respective games. VGC was also told that simply expanding the group’s resources and giving it some presence outside of Paris could have just as much of a positive impact." They offer this quote from an anonymous source: "In the previous system that editorial had, there were often the ideas of just one or two people getting put into every game. That’s why you tended to see such similarity, because it’s the same taste and opinion being replicated." Here's the short statement on the topic from Ubisoft:
“We are reinforcing our editorial team to be more agile and better accompany our development teams around the world as they create the best gaming experiences for players.”
View : : :

Re: Ubisoft Shakeup to Improve Gaming Experience
Jan 18, 2020, 22:50
Re: Ubisoft Shakeup to Improve Gaming Experience Jan 18, 2020, 22:50
Jan 18, 2020, 22:50

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 18, 2020, 20:35:
I do like their games quite a bit, but even so they do need to make them feel different and just add something more. This is a good move.

I like both Divisions, but the second the Tiers from 1 to 5 was so fast what is even the point? I do like the live map but there should have been some well designed meta game there that added strategy that matters. Also overall it is too easy and I do feel the AI was a bit of a step backwards from 1, that said it has some of the best AI in the biz, they just dumbed them down because they felt the audience is dumb, imo. Loot goes so fast there is like no point to even bother with it all that much until you hit top gear score, there has to be something better.

I agree with all of your points. It's a damned shame since the base mechanics of Div 2 are solid. It runs well, it looks great and the shooting/cover system is fun. It's just that there's nothing else to it after a while and you're just repeating stuff over and over again (a trend that runs rampant with all of Ubisoft's recent games) throughout all of the Tiers. Even though each Tier adds one new gameplay element, that one thing doesn't really add anything dramatic and is just a variation of the same thing you've been doing before.
Date
Subject
Author
Jan 18, 2020Jan 18 2020
Jan 18, 2020Jan 18 2020
 Re: Ubisoft Shakeup to Improve Gaming Experience
Jan 19, 2020Jan 19 2020
Jan 18, 2020Jan 18 2020
Jan 19, 2020Jan 19 2020