Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 19, 2020, 15:50 Muscular Beaver

Earlyworm wrote on Jan 19, 2020, 10:41:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 19, 2020, 04:36:
Its also still horribly bugged, especially in case of netcode and sound. Not to mention its blatant pay to win scheme.

It definitely has it's share of bugs, but not game breaking in my opinion. The server stability has taken a dive after the popularity surge but is stabilizing I think.

The next patch is rumored to be implementing Steam audio which would be fantastic since audio plays a major role in the game.

Of course the pay-to-win aspect has been discussed to death but I personally have experienced the game both as standard edition and EOD, I am firmly in the camp of it not being pay to win. With the abundance of loot now it is easier than ever to get rich by just doing scav runs and just buy what you want from the flea market. The benefits of the gamma container are definitely good but hardly anything that allows you to "win" (whatever that means in this game)
Getting shot in the head while the game freezes on your side for 2 seconds is pretty game breaking. Or thinking that someone is right behind you, while hes in front of you as well. Or people warping around in lag so much, that they can actually skip from one side of the door to the other without you noticing.
The gamma container can mean life or death, because you can store expensive medical stuff in there, or extra charges, bullets, not to mention keys and money you need to escape sometimes. In the smaller one you cant store enough. With the Gamma container you still have enough space to make even wipes not a total loss, because you can put dogtags in it or other small valuable loot.
Also after every server wipe you will have a huge advantage with all the other stuff.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 19, 2020, 10:41  Earlyworm 

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 19, 2020, 04:36:
Its also still horribly bugged, especially in case of netcode and sound. Not to mention its blatant pay to win scheme.

It definitely has it's share of bugs, but not game breaking in my opinion. The server stability has taken a dive after the popularity surge but is stabilizing I think.

The next patch is rumored to be implementing Steam audio which would be fantastic since audio plays a major role in the game.

Of course the pay-to-win aspect has been discussed to death but I personally have experienced the game both as standard edition and EOD, I am firmly in the camp of it not being pay to win. With the abundance of loot now it is easier than ever to get rich by just doing scav runs and just buy what you want from the flea market. The benefits of the gamma container are definitely good but hardly anything that allows you to "win" (whatever that means in this game)

2. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 19, 2020, 04:36 Muscular Beaver

RaZ0r! wrote on Jan 18, 2020, 14:15:
Tarkov is to me the ultimate PC game. It's so deep and challenging, but thrilling and addictive at the same time. I hope it spawns more deep PC centric games to offset all these console ports.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

1. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 18, 2020, 14:15  RaZ0r! 

Tarkov is to me the ultimate PC game. It's so deep and challenging, but thrilling and addictive at the same time. I hope it spawns more deep PC centric games to offset all these console ports.  

I pwnz j00!

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >