Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch

The transcript of yesterday's CD Projekt RED conference call reveals that the delay to Cyberpunk 2077 will not prevent the dreaded crunch that so often is part of wrapping up a game's development (thanks VG247). This comes despite a couple of promises that the developers of their RPG would not have to crunch to complete the game. Here's the question and the answer provided by the company's joint-CEO Adam Kiciński:
P6: And is the development team required to put in crunch hours?

AK: To some degree, yes to be honest. We try to limit crunch as much as possible, but it is the final stage. We try to be reasonable in this regard, but yes. Unfortunately.
View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

8. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch Jan 17, 2020, 14:13 Teddy

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 17, 2020, 14:03:
With rare exception, crunch is a sign of bad management. It shows a failure to properly forecast man hours.

And a complete unwillingness of the company to delay release of the game until it's done without forcing mandatory overtime on their employees.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch Jan 17, 2020, 14:08 VaranDragon

Nothing new.  

6. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch Jan 17, 2020, 14:03  Burrito of Peace 

With rare exception, crunch is a sign of bad management. It shows a failure to properly forecast man hours.  

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net . Pl

5. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch Jan 17, 2020, 13:55 Teddy

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 17, 2020, 12:43:
And it will be the best game ever made. Again. And they'll all be millionaires. A little crunch is totally worth it.

It's good to know you're willing to make that sacrifice on their behalf. /s

The only people who have the right to decide if mandatory overtime due to management incompetence is "worth it" are the people being forced to do the work.

4. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch Jan 17, 2020, 13:44 Steele Johnson

I don't mind delays when it comes to devs like this. I just want a really good RPG. The Witcher 3 wasn't much of an RPG as I would have liked, so hopefully they implement deeper roleplaying elements this time 'round  

"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol is a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." - George Carlin

3. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch Jan 17, 2020, 13:10  Beamer 

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 17, 2020, 12:43:
And it will be the best game ever made. Again. And they'll all be millionaires. A little crunch is totally worth it.

Those on the top become millionaires - those with equity.
The QA guys? The lower level artists? They get a five figure bonus, at best.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch Jan 17, 2020, 13:07  jdreyer 

"I feel bad about it, so that makes it okay. Serfs gotta serf. Personally, I won't be missing any golf games or child piano recitals so it's not a big problem."  

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

1. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch Jan 17, 2020, 12:43 ForgedReality

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >