Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 13, 2020, 20:04 JediPunisher

One could argue that MS's lack of next-gen exclusives shows their confidence that the system will sell itself.
Inevitable comparison videos between Halo 6, Forza 8, and MSFS 2020 on current gen vs Series X will highlight such monumental differences that it could boost sales rather than hinder them.

Most of us are aware that both PS5 and XBSX promise 4K/60 or better, split second load times thanks to the SSD, notably improved physics, and some form of limited ray tracing.

But what has me most excited are the rumors of XBox Series X using its M.2 SSD as virtual-VRAM, which is something AMD announced back in 2016 for their $10k workstation video cards. If true, that's a game changer! It opens the possibility of insanely detailed textures. Although fast, texture loads from SSD will not be instantaneous, so this tech is probably best suited for slower paced games than shooters... but just imagine it with MS Flight Sim 2020!

https://www.techspot.com/news/65719-amd-radeon-pro-ssg-fits-polaris-gpu-alongside.html

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 13, 2020, 17:49 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 13, 2020, 16:39:
The article is about how Sony is reported to be making new games for the PS5 that will ONLY work on a PS5, which is a contrast to what Microsoft has already stated they are doing. Which is that their new games will continue to be compatible with current Xbox One hardware.

I think it's pretty lame for MS to be doing that, basically treating their new console like another mid-generational refresh for the foreseeable future. An Xbox One X X, if you will. That means they aren't fully committing to the new hardware and what it would enable them to do, because they still have to allow for the games to downscale to hardware that is almost a decade old. That means their SSD truly will only bring faster loading screens, since they have to continue supporting mechanical drives.

It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 13, 2020, 17:48 HorrorScope

El Pit wrote on Jan 13, 2020, 13:08:
So PS5 is like Epic? Or is it alright with the PS5 because... well... because Sony are the good guys who could get away with murder?

IMO fuck sony to, I have no console love in me.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 13, 2020, 16:39 jacobvandy

The article is about how Sony is reported to be making new games for the PS5 that will ONLY work on a PS5, which is a contrast to what Microsoft has already stated they are doing. Which is that their new games will continue to be compatible with current Xbox One hardware.

I think it's pretty lame for MS to be doing that, basically treating their new console like another mid-generational refresh for the foreseeable future. An Xbox One X X, if you will. That means they aren't fully committing to the new hardware and what it would enable them to do, because they still have to allow for the games to downscale to hardware that is almost a decade old. That means their SSD truly will only bring faster loading screens, since they have to continue supporting mechanical drives.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 13, 2020, 16:10 jdreyer

El Pit wrote on Jan 13, 2020, 13:08:
So PS5 is like Epic? Or is it alright with the PS5 because... well... because Sony are the good guys who could get away with murder?

I support Ethics in Games Corporatism, so I'm gonna boycott the PS5.

"I survived the 2020 removedpocalypse."

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 13, 2020, 13:08 El Pit

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 13, 2020, 12:11 Riahderymnmaddog

Next Gen Exclusives on PS5? Ok bommer.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >