Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Into the Black

Link of the Day: Fox executive teases Browncoats with hints of possible Firefly revival. Don't be messing with me.

Obituary: RIP, Mike Resnick.
Obituary: 'Grease' and '77 Sunset Strip' Star Edd Byrnes Dead at 87.
View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Into the Black Jan 11, 2020, 12:21 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Jan 11, 2020, 00:38:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 05:59:
Here's what you do:

Keep the Serenity, but now she is captained and owned by Mal and Inara's kid. New crew with occasional cameos by the old crew. Minus, of course, Wash and Book.

Could we have Wash's twin brother, Drei?
Scene 1:
Darkened quarters, camera soft focused on a man tossing and turning on a bunk.
Drei awakens and narrates it was all a dream.

I’ve never seen an episode of LOST but is that close enough. Huh

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Into the Black Jan 11, 2020, 00:40 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 10:36:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 05:15:
Prez wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 23:20:
Yeah killing Wash is a problem, but the rest of the cast was so strong that it could work without him.

Get an all new cast, new ship, set in the same universe.

No Joss is a bit of a problem though.

Any new 'Firefly' show would basically have none of the original cast, writers, or Whedon, one would think. The original cast is all 20 years older or whatever, and everyone else has moved on or died.

Plus, Fox's mismanagement of the original show (showing episodes out of order, changing times) helped contribute to its failure anyway.

Also, while I loved most of the show, I don't think it has broad appeal, and it had some filler episodes even in its only season.

The characters and casting were so well done, that you didn't mind the filler eps. You just enjoyed spending time with them in that world.

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

15. Re: Into the Black Jan 11, 2020, 00:38 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 05:59:
Here's what you do:

Keep the Serenity, but now she is captained and owned by Mal and Inara's kid. New crew with occasional cameos by the old crew. Minus, of course, Wash and Book.

Could we have Wash's twin brother, Drei?

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

14. Re: Into the Black Jan 10, 2020, 10:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 05:15:
Yeah killing Wash is a problem, but the rest of the cast was so strong that it could work without him.

Any new 'Firefly' show would basically have none of the original cast, writers, or Whedon, one would think. The original cast is all 20 years older or whatever, and everyone else has moved on or died.

Plus, Fox's mismanagement of the original show (showing episodes out of order, changing times) helped contribute to its failure anyway.

Also, while I loved most of the show, I don't think it has broad appeal, and it had some filler episodes even in its only season.

13. Re: Into the Black Jan 10, 2020, 05:59 Burrito of Peace

Here's what you do:

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

12. Re: Into the Black Jan 10, 2020, 05:26 Simon Says

Big Sci-fi show fan, but I tried watching this show and never got what all the fuss was about. I thought it was bland, cliché and pretty much brain dead. Guess it must be a wild west fetish or something.

Oh well, I hope you guys get what you want.

11. Re: Into the Black Jan 10, 2020, 05:17 jdreyer

One of the amazing things is how most of that cast went on to do amazing things. It was such a talented cast, hard to repro that.

10. Re: Into the Black Jan 10, 2020, 05:15 jdreyer

9. Re: Into the Black Jan 10, 2020, 03:07 SunnyD

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds : "It's of interest to me how much you seem to know about that world."
Shepherd Book : "I wasn't born a shepherd, Mal."
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds : "You have to tell me about that sometime."
Shepherd Book : [pause] "No, I don't."

Always hoped I'd get to see that part of the Verse played out. R.I.P. Ron Glass

~Finis~

8. Re: Into the Black Jan 10, 2020, 02:31 MattyC

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 23:19:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 20:52:
"Turns out Wash was fine all along!"

It was just a scratch? A bandage and he was good to go?

Wizard did it.

Seriously, I would like to see what they could do with the FF universe. Leave the crew out of it, that was a decent stopping point. I imagine Alan Tudyk is busy doing Doom Patrol anyway (which I ended up enjoying).

I'm like the man who single-handedly built the rocket and went to the moon. What was his name? Apollo Creed?

7. Re: Into the Black Jan 9, 2020, 23:39 Korrd

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 20:28:
You can never go home again. I doubt they can recapture the magic. And besides, post-Serenity? Wash is a very dead leaf on the wind.
I agree that losing Wash left me gutted and continuing immediately from that point wouldn't have felt right; the wound was too fresh. But to tell a story of the rest of the crew now years later? I think I'd be on board for that.

6. Re: Into the Black Jan 9, 2020, 23:34 jacobvandy

It was a dream! An alternate reality! The dark timeline! Our neighboring dimension! A cautionary tale!

Probably easier to just ignore the movie if this happens. But still... It's been like 15 years, it's not going to be the same even if you do get the whole cast back. They're old.

5. Re: Into the Black Jan 9, 2020, 23:20 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Into the Black Jan 9, 2020, 23:19 Cutter

It was just a scratch? A bandage and he was good to go?

"Don't get drawn into the culture, Morty. Stealing stuff is about the stuff, not the stealing."

3. Re: Into the Black Jan 9, 2020, 20:52 Wallshadows

2. Re: Into the Black Jan 9, 2020, 20:33 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 20:28:
You can never go home again. I doubt they can recapture the magic. And besides, post-Serenity? Wash is a very dead leaf on the wind.

Exactly... figure out a way to bring back Wash and I'm all for it. Otherwise let it die, or expand the universe a bit.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

1. Re: Into the Black Jan 9, 2020, 20:28 Cutter

"Don't get drawn into the culture, Morty. Stealing stuff is about the stuff, not the stealing."

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >