Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues?

A tweet from Roxanne has word on some details found in the recently leaked demo for Final Fantasy VII Remake that suggest an unannounced PC version of the RPG remake is also on the way (thanks Reddit via PC Gamer). There is a screenshot of some of the code in the demo, and here's the content from a pair of tweets explaining the discovery:
The In-Game Videos are made in 1080/30p only and there are various config files (one Example down below) suggesting that this Game runs at 1080/30p as well and it will be probably upscaled on a PS4 Pro (last one still referenced as "PS4 Neo" btw ^^).

Yeah already discussed this yesterday in Discord with others that there are many "many" signs inside the Demo that we will see a future PC Port sooner or later. There is PC Code still left inside, and it mentions various higher Resolutions together with some NVIDIA and AMD stuff.
View : : :

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues?
Jan 4, 2020, 04:03
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues? Jan 4, 2020, 04:03
Jan 4, 2020, 04:03

Cram wrote on Jan 4, 2020, 01:40:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 3, 2020, 14:58:
It actually hadn't occurred to me that this wouldn't be on PC... That sucks, I was looking forward to it.

PC is where I played FF7 in the first place.
Good ol' trapezoid box, I still have it and the discs.

BTW that PC release was June 1998, just a year after the original PSX release.

I was a regular on the Eidos message boards during the release of that port.. The fact the midi nonsense port of the music, which happened again with a future port release on steam I believe, was a point of contention about the quality of said releases. It was shit.

I haven't researched it enough to be sure of anything, but rumors and pretty plausible looking leaks have made it sound like the source of several of Square's games was not exactly manged. Not even by the standards of the day.

They didn't really have proper backups, nevermind a RCS. The code and resources (other than things like the prerendered backgrounds) were largely moved on to future projects. Parts of 7, for example, were supposedly just edited in situ for VIII or Chrono Cross. This, allegedly, made for more difficult ports and future releases.

We are looking back on things from the mid - late 90s and again, I certainly can't vouch for any of it, but you might find this read interesting. There is quite a bit more like that if you look around places like the internet archive.

Who knows though. Personally, I never had any real issues with 7 on the PC until many years later trying to replay it. At the time I thought it a good, but certainly not great port.
I'm like the man who single-handedly built the rocket and went to the moon. What was his name? Apollo Creed?
Date
Subject
Author
Jan 3, 2020Jan 3 2020
Jan 4, 2020Jan 4 2020
Jan 4, 2020Jan 4 2020
  Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues?