Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues?

A tweet from Roxanne has word on some details found in the recently leaked demo for Final Fantasy VII Remake that suggest an unannounced PC version of the RPG remake is also on the way (thanks Reddit via PC Gamer). There is a screenshot of some of the code in the demo, and here's the content from a pair of tweets explaining the discovery:
The In-Game Videos are made in 1080/30p only and there are various config files (one Example down below) suggesting that this Game runs at 1080/30p as well and it will be probably upscaled on a PS4 Pro (last one still referenced as "PS4 Neo" btw ^^).

Yeah already discussed this yesterday in Discord with others that there are many "many" signs inside the Demo that we will see a future PC Port sooner or later. There is PC Code still left inside, and it mentions various higher Resolutions together with some NVIDIA and AMD stuff.
View

4. Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues? Jan 3, 2020, 13:00 chickenboo

Cram wrote on Jan 3, 2020, 12:51:
It's a PS4 timed exclusive till March 2021, if they stick to that, so that's unfortunate. I am also not sure how I feel paying full price for 1/3 (give or take) of the original game - granted they're apparently adding additional content for all three releases.

Too early to say with certainty if it's a rip off or not. They've been working on this remaster since what, 2006? 13 years of work. It's a bit much to ask them to price each third of the game at $20 so they add up to $60 when all three components are out when they've put in over a decade of investment and tens of thousands of man-hours. From the footage I've seen, this is no simple remaster, it's a remake in a new engine with all-new assets, all-new art, new music, voice acting, new battle systems, new areas. It's like an entirely new game based on a familiar tale.

SOME people have paid full price for each of Tomb Raider 2013, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the third of which completed the story arc of the reboot trilogy. I mean I paid $5 for the first, bought the second at steep discount, and don't intend to play the third. If those can be viewed as stand-alone titles worthy of full price on-release, who's to say the FF7 Remake components aren't also worth that if they each have 30-60 hours of gameplay in each?

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 3, 11:38 Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues? JeffD
  2. Jan 3, 11:43 Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues? Acleacius
  3. Jan 3, 12:51 Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues?  Cram 
>> 4. Jan 3, 13:00  Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues? chickenboo
  5. Jan 3, 14:58 Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues? Sepharo
  7. Jan 4, 01:40  Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues?  Cram 
  8. Jan 4, 04:03   Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues? MattyC
  6. Jan 3, 16:56 Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues? Icewind