Epic Games Store Holiday Sale - Get Into The Breach for Free

The Epic Games Store Holiday Sale 2019 is now underway, offering discounts on loads of games, and a $10.00 off coupon for all participants. On a related note, the Epic Games Store now offers Into The Breach for free to keep, the first of the 12 freebies they recently promised. It seems the plan is to offer these one at a time, so this is free until tomorrow, at which time it will be replaced by another giveaway. Here's the quick description of this Roguelite turn-based strategy game from the creators of FTL:
Control powerful mechs from the future to defeat an alien threat. Each attempt to save the world presents a new randomly generated challenge in this turn-based strategy game from the makers of FTL.
View : : :

Re: Epic Games Store Holiday Sale - Get Into The Breach for Free
Dec 20, 2019, 09:40
Re: Epic Games Store Holiday Sale - Get Into The Breach for Free Dec 20, 2019, 09:40
Dec 20, 2019, 09:40

Beamer wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 07:04:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 19, 2019, 21:15:
Rigs wrote on Dec 19, 2019, 19:10:
As much as I absolutely adored FTL (especially the 'Advanced' edition, along with some of the major mods, like the one that lets you free roam indefinitely and gives you tons of more weapons and gear to buy), I just couldn't get into..uh, Into The Breach. I dunno why, it just didn't grab me. Maybe I didn't understand the rules correctly? Was I the only one?

=-Rigs-=
I'm in the same boat... I have over 500 hours in FTL, but I never bought this one because it looked boring. I'll give it a try now that I have it, but I also passed back when it was $2 so it's not about the price- I've just heard enough people say that it is actually fun even if it's nothing like FTL.

Same. I have over 600 in FTL. Over 400 in the 2 new XCOMs combined. But this didn't capture me.

In truth, all I did was the tutorial mission, which isn't really giving it a chance. I'll get back to it some day. But, there's so much more FTL to play. I still haven't won with every ship on Hard!

After a few missions you'll realise how clever the game is.
Date
Subject
Author
Dec 20, 2019Dec 20 2019
    Re: Epic Games Store Holiday Sale - Get Into The Breach for Free
Dec 21, 2019Dec 21 2019