Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Cliff Bleszinski Comeback?

A tweet from Cliff Bleszinski has word from the former Epic Games designer that he is feeling the creative itch. The Gears of War and LawBreakers creator does indicate another game design comeback is a possible outlet for this urge, but he also says it may turn out to take another direction altogether:
I need to create.

I miss it. I don't know what it will be, writing, drawing, maybe a game, but, lord, since I was a kid I loved doing it and I need to do SOMETHING again soon.

The itch is back. No promises to those of you who care. But it is soooo freeing to make, well, stuff.
View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 13, 2019, 03:50 Dash

...I'd honestly forgot he even made anything, truth be told...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 21:05 [VG]Reagle

Please don’t .... the last games you made ruined gaming.  

DON'T LIKE MY COMMENTS?!? THEN STOP RELEASING GARBAGE.

19. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 19:00 Mr. Tact

How many times is Cliff-baby going to announce his return? Seems like just a few months ago this was "news"...  

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

18. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 17:36 007Bistromath

"I need to create" should be considered a terrorist threat from that guy  

17. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 17:28 Luke

I am back , till I leave again and again and again............  

16. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 16:22 Creston

No promises to those of you who care

*crickets*

Guys...? Guys...?

15. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 16:09 UttiniDaKilrJawa

chickenboo wrote on Dec 12, 2019, 15:18:
CliffyB is the gift that keeps on giving. I thought he retired? So he's leaving retirement... again, right, because hasn't he retired from the industry more than once?

I think the time before this last "retirement" was more of a ragequit than a retirement if I remember correctly. But yeah, he's done it a few times.

14. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 15:18 chickenboo

CliffyB is the gift that keeps on giving. I thought he retired? So he's leaving retirement... again, right, because hasn't he retired from the industry more than once?  

13. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 13:58 VaranDragon

No one gives a shit.  

12. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 13:44 Kxmode

I need to create.

May I suggest finger painting or building a medieval theme park?

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

11. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 13:39 HorrorScope

Do what you want, it isn't like I have to buy it.  

10. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 13:24 aka_STEVE

Rolleyes
Wall
Coughing
Crazy
Hahaha_no
Hole
Ignoring
Mwahaha
Protest
Slap

9. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 13:20 Icewind

He would probably be good at making a decent throwback/retro FPS similar to the first Unreal, but so many developers have already done this (Amid Evil, Dusk, Ion fury, Hellbound, Prodeus, etc) that he is far too late to make something that would stick out as new.

I think he sees the insane amount of money his former company is making with Fortnite and wishes he had that kind of cash.

8. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 13:09 RaZ0r!

NKD wrote on Dec 12, 2019, 11:25:
I wouldn't trust cliffryb to make a Super Mario level.

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 levels were pretty good. Also, I liked a lot of his Unreal maps. I would trust him to make maps and levels again, just not games.

7. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 12:44 Tipsy McStagger

People who start businesses or innovate usually have a different view on things. They are usually risk takers and don't listen to historical reason.

There's been correlations between this sort of mentality and mental illness. could be argued with this as well.

I'll take it easy on this guy and say

"go create cliff, but please just shut up till it's done"

6. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 12:17 WaltC

"I need to create" = "I have a burning need to spend someone else's money, lots of it, massaging my bruised ego."

If he wants to "make, well, stuff", I've read that a can of Play-Doh does wonders for people with a similar "itch."

It is well known universally that I do not make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in that which I have written, please be assured that *I* did not write it!...:)

5. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 11:42 Acleacius

Lmao, consider taking meds for your delusions of creativity.  

Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs,
you would not hear of that party again in our political history.....and they are stupid. Dwight D. Eisenhower

4. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 11:41 Cutter

Yeah. We all need to "create". Doesn't mean we're all any good at it. Try your hand at pottery or something Cliff because you don't make good games. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. However, if you keep failing at something than it's really not your thing.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

3. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 11:25 NKD

I wouldn't trust cliffryb to make a Super Mario level.  

"Fuck off, bard." -Geralt of Rivia

2. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 10:52 Prez

After the failure of Lawbreakers and Radical Heights I am not sure Bleszinski can make a game that anyone wants. He massively misjudged the market twice in quick succession; he might not have what it takes to be a modern day developer. I think the industry has moved on and left him behind.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >