Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Batman: Arkham Legacy Reveal Next Week?

This video recap a livestream offering a rumor that the rumored new Arkham game called Batman: Arkham Legacy will be officially unveiled next week at The Game Awards. Thanks Dark Horizons via Game Fragger for the pointer to this tweet that explains where this originates:
This information comes from the same guy that provided me with leaked images from the cancelled Damian Wayne Batman game YEARS before they leaked to the public. He is very reliable, although nothing is 100% and the same goes with this scoop as we will discuss tomorrow.
View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Batman: Arkham Legacy Reveal Next Week? Dec 2, 2019, 16:49 NKD

Speaking of Batman, the new Harley Quinn cartoon is looking good. First cartoon I've enjoyed in a long time. Not sold on the voice actress for Harley, but I really like Ivy, and what they've done to Jim Gordon.  

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Batman: Arkham Legacy Reveal Next Week? Dec 2, 2019, 14:39 CJ_Parker

Beamer wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 13:55:
I'm not "obsessing" over who made it, I just find the developer a better indicator of whether something is worth my time than the subject matter. There have been a few billion Batman games, nearly all bad. Rocksteady made them good. I don't have much time, and don't care to put time into something somewhat half-assed. More than that, the Batman games are time sucks, and I haven't been in the mood for one in a long while. I didn't play Arkham Knight until 2019.

They aren't such big "time sucks". I played the GOTY of all Arkham games so my times include time spent finishing the (excellent) story DLCs.
I spent 22 hours with Asylum, 28 hours with City, 39 hours with Origins and 44 hours with Knight.
In Knight I finished all of the Riddler puzzles/trials and side missions. In the other games I did "most" of the side stuff. If I could not figure out a puzzle then I did not look it up online in most cases but just shrugged it off and moved on.
Origins is definitely not "half-assed". It's right up there with the rest of the games.

You may find it better, but AO is ranked lower by literally every metric. Metacritic? Check. User scores? Check.

Might have had to do with the quality at release (buggy?)? I wouldn't know because, as I said, I only played the fully patched, stable, polished GOTY versions and Origins certainly was not worse than Asylum or City.
Checking current Steam reviews quite a few are downvoting the game because of bugginess. I guess I got lucky. It was not buggy for me.

It might also be confirmation bias. You are by far not the only one who goes "OMG it's not made by the Rocksteady Gods so it must suck".

However, 92% of the Steam reviews in the last 30 days are positive and 84% all-time so all-time it is actually better than Knight which "only" has 80% all-time positive reviews due to its shitty launch.

And, honestly CJ, it's great that you're vouching for something, but if you want your opinion to be trusted over the other voices here, you should consider not shitting on literally every game out there.

But... but... but... that would be boring?

9. Re: Batman: Arkham Legacy Reveal Next Week? Dec 2, 2019, 13:55 Beamer

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 13:38:
El Pit wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 12:02:
I am sooooo ready to save Arkham... AGAIN.

Same here... as soon as they release the GOTY of the next Arkham game. Hopefully they won't have too many DLCs and it will be as relatively soon-ish after release as it was with the awesome Arkham Knight.

Beamer wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 13:04:
Is this rumored to be Rocksteady? If so, I'm in. If not, maybe. I still haven't played Arkham Origins.

Arkham Origins is awesome and it is silly to obsess over who made it. I played the Arkhams back to back and did not really know or care who made them. Origins was better than Asylum and about on par or slightly better than City. Knight is the bestest.

This series has a straight 'crescendo' progression from Asylum to Knight. Every game adds something or does things slightly different making it better and better with each iteration. And they are starting the series on a high note with Asylum. It may be relatively the "weakest" game but it is still really good in its own right.

I'm not "obsessing" over who made it, I just find the developer a better indicator of whether something is worth my time than the subject matter. There have been a few billion Batman games, nearly all bad. Rocksteady made them good. I don't have much time, and don't care to put time into something somewhat half-assed. More than that, the Batman games are time sucks, and I haven't been in the mood for one in a long while. I didn't play Arkham Knight until 2019.

You may find it better, but AO is ranked lower by literally every metric. Metacritic? Check. User scores? Check. And, honestly CJ, it's great that you're vouching for something, but if you want your opinion to be trusted over the other voices here, you should consider not shitting on literally every game out there.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Batman: Arkham Legacy Reveal Next Week? Dec 2, 2019, 13:46 El Pit

Is this rumored to be Rocksteady? If so, I'm in. If not, maybe. I still haven't played Arkham Origins.

Arkham Origins is the only meh game in the Arkham series. It used a lot of assets and areas from Arkham City and felt like a cheap quickshot game. Not really bad but definitely a huge step down from Arkham Asylum and City.

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

7. Re: Batman: Arkham Legacy Reveal Next Week? Dec 2, 2019, 13:38 CJ_Parker

Same here... as soon as they release the GOTY of the next Arkham game. Hopefully they won't have too many DLCs and it will be as relatively soon-ish after release as it was with the awesome Arkham Knight.

Arkham Origins is awesome and it is silly to obsess over who made it. I played the Arkhams back to back and did not really know or care who made them. Origins was better than Asylum and about on par or slightly better than City. Knight is the bestest.

This series has a straight 'crescendo' progression from Asylum to Knight. Every game adds something or does things slightly different making it better and better with each iteration. And they are starting the series on a high note with Asylum. It may be relatively the "weakest" game but it is still really good in its own right.

6. Re: Batman: Arkham Legacy Reveal Next Week? Dec 2, 2019, 13:35 RedEye9

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 12:37:
Let us choose who we get to play as ..
Jared Leto, Cesar Romero or Jack Nicholson
decisions decisions

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

5. Re: Batman: Arkham Legacy Reveal Next Week? Dec 2, 2019, 13:04 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

4. Re: Batman: Arkham Legacy Reveal Next Week? Dec 2, 2019, 12:54 Cutter

I'd love to see a Damian Wayne game. I love that little psychopath.

"That's the difference between you and me. You wear a weapon. I am a weapon."

Dick: I could've handled this alone.
Damian: If that's your best, Batman, you're not gonna fool anyone, Grayson.
Dick: Maybe you'd like a megaphone to announce that?
Damian: There's no way you're gonna pull this off without my help.
Dick: Modest as ever, I see.
Damian: I'm more Batman than you'll ever be.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

3. Re: Batman: Arkham Legacy Reveal Next Week? Dec 2, 2019, 12:37 The Half Elf

Ler us choose who we get to play as and dear lord please co-op... I meant it.. here's my kidney.. TAKE IT!  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

2. Re: Batman: Arkham Legacy Reveal Next Week? Dec 2, 2019, 12:12 RedEye9

I'm waiting on the Bioshock reveal, it should be any day now as we get closer to the Gaming Awards on December 12.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

1. Re: Batman: Arkham Legacy Reveal Next Week? Dec 2, 2019, 12:02 El Pit

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >