Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Can you trust Google to keep your WiFi running until 2030? Dec 3, 2019, 23:01 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Dec 3, 2019, 10:55:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 19:30:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 19:11:
I am less disgusted with Staple's CC address checking than I am with the fact that you ordered an Apple device.
Apple had no problem w/me when I bought The Room for $1, also available on Windows https://store.steampowered.com/app/288160/The_Room/

So you paid $301 to play The Room? (Dreyerdaughter loves that series, btw)
harsh dude, real harsh Wink
It's the equivalent of buying the $1000 dollar Steam VR kit and getting Alex for free , only a worse deal because nothing is free in Apple land. Now I am a true Apple sheeple and can blend in at any Starbucks.

Talk about a hard adjustment coming from androidville.
I am impressed with how snappy it is considering the A10 chip was first used in an iPhone about 18 iterations ago. There's something to be said about designing your OS to run on your chip and vice-a-versa.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Can you trust Google to keep your WiFi running until 2030? Dec 3, 2019, 19:35 RedEye9

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 3, 2019, 19:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 3, 2019, 19:13:
Now do I return it or sell it for $200.
If it would screw Apple over I'd consider keeping/selling it (although I'd never have ordered it to begin with). But it will probably burn Staples not Apple so....
For you it's only $199 plus $25 s&h.

I think the law is on my side but I'd just as soon return it or refuse it if I catch my UPS driver.

The guy that owns one of the coffee shops I frequent showed me how the new iPad OS allows the iPad to act as a second wireless screen for his MacBook. Pretty cool.
He's an app developer so extra screen space comes in handy.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

7. Re: Can you trust Google to keep your WiFi running until 2030? Dec 3, 2019, 19:27 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 3, 2019, 19:13:
Now do I return it or sell it for $200.
If it would screw Apple over I'd consider keeping/selling it (although I'd never have ordered it to begin with). But it will probably burn Staples not Apple so....

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

6. Re: Can you trust Google to keep your WiFi running until 2030? Dec 3, 2019, 19:13 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Dec 3, 2019, 10:55:
I am less disgusted with Staple's CC address checking than I am with the fact that you ordered an Apple device.
Apple had no problem w/me when I bought The Room for $1, also available on Windows https://store.steampowered.com/app/288160/The_Room/

egads
Staples has now sent me a replacement iPad for the iPad I received. Arrival December 9.
I called Staples and told them to stop it.. They cancelled the unneeded replacement but UPS has it and I'll probably get it. Now do I return it or sell it for $200.

5. Re: Can you trust Google to keep your WiFi running until 2030? Dec 3, 2019, 10:55 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

4. Re: Can you trust Google to keep your WiFi running until 2030? Dec 2, 2019, 19:30 RedEye9

3. Re: Can you trust Google to keep your WiFi running until 2030? Dec 2, 2019, 19:11 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 11:31:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 11:08:
No. You shouldn't trust Google for a damn thing.
But their security is top notch. /s
I had to cancel a debit card a couple months ago (nothing to do w/google).
Recently I wanted to purchase a google play app to kill the ads on it and the payment failed because of the previous cancelled card. I entered the new card nfo but now google says i am persona non grata and wants a picture of my id. fook that, they can keep their $3 app.

On a flip note. I put the wrong delivery address on my $300 ipad purchase and the billing went through .w/out a hitch.
I have never used that address before, it is not affiliated with my debit card and the address is not a real address.
It triggered nothing and Staples processed my order asap.
On delivery day I was tracking it (UPS) and it showed "Out for Delivery" and then at 1:30PM it switched to "Incorrect Address".

$3 purchase, show id. $300 dollar purchase with non-existent address, ship it.

argh ack pfft

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

2. Re: Can you trust Google to keep your WiFi running until 2030? Dec 2, 2019, 11:31 RedEye9

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 11:08:
But their security is top notch. /s
I had to cancel a debit card a couple months ago (nothing to do w/google).
Recently I wanted to purchase a google play app to kill the ads on it and the payment failed because of the previous cancelled card. I entered the new card nfo but now google says i am persona non grata and wants a picture of my id. fook that, they can keep their $3 app.

On a flip note. I put the wrong delivery address on my $300 ipad purchase and the billing went through .w/out a hitch.
I have never used that address before, it is not affiliated with my debit card and the address is not a real address.
It triggered nothing and Staples processed my order asap.
On delivery day I was tracking it (UPS) and it showed "Out for Delivery" and then at 1:30PM it switched to "Incorrect Address".

$3 purchase, show id. $300 dollar purchase with non-existent address, ship it.

argh ack pfft

1. Can you trust Google to keep your WiFi running until 2030? Dec 2, 2019, 11:08 Burrito of Peace

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >