Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Steam Top 10

Half-Life: Alyx and a sale on the last Steam Controllers cause hardware to dominate the list of last week's bestsellers on Steam:

1. Valve Index VR Kit
  2. Steam Controller
  3. Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  4. STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order
  5. PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
  6. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  7. Grand Theft Auto V
  8. MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD
  9. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
  10. Football Manager 2020
View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 5, 2019, 02:07 Orogogus

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 11:54:
Primalchrome wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 11:03:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 1, 2019, 20:35:
Same here, and considering I wanted one to have a replacement in case mine fails and makes steamlink unusable and they didn't offer one to previous owners to begin with this just.. just.. just.. wow.

Never again.
Company (just like most) discontinues production of a unit after five years of low sales and numerous 50%+ off sales. End user complains that totally unrelated product will now suddenly become unusable.

I don't understand.

steamlink and controller were sold in bundle If either goes OOS I want to be informed properly before it goes OOS to get possible hardware replacements. The moment the news appeared here I bought one and it got canceled... so obviously I am not amused. I wanted a replacement for the controller or why else would I own the steamlink instead of using nvidia shield with a proper gaming controller. If that was a ploy to get me to buy Shield and PS4 controller then Valve just succeeded, because that's my next upgrade path. As I said, Valve hardware is no relevant topic for me anymore after this. Zero communication, refund with no reason given. Just.. not how I roll. A company does this exactly once to me.

The Steam Link can pair other controllers, including the PS4's.

https://steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_compatible_controllers_with_Steam_Link

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2019, 18:35 RedEye9

Let's see how that would work. Steam notifies past purchasers of x that x is eol and is blowing out stock at ridiculously low prices.

1 nanosecond later the whole world knows and x goes OoS.

They did do one thing right, you could only purchase one at a time so at least ebay scammers didn't suck'em all up.

Luckily you can still buy New Steam Controllers so everyone can have a backup.

If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2019, 12:39 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 12:01:
Same here, and considering I wanted one to have a replacement in case mine fails and makes steamlink unusable and they didn't offer one to previous owners to begin with this just.. just.. just.. wow.

Never again.
Company (just like most) discontinues production of a unit after five years of low sales and numerous 50%+ off sales. End user complains that totally unrelated product will now suddenly become unusable.

I don't understand.

steamlink and controller were sold in bundle If either goes OOS I want to be informed properly before it goes OOS to get possible hardware replacements. The moment the news appeared here I bought one and it got canceled... so obviously I am not amused. I wanted a replacement for the controller or why else would I own the steamlink instead of using nvidia shield with a proper gaming controller. If that was a ploy to get me to buy Shield and PS4 controller then Valve just succeeded, because that's my next upgrade path. As I said, Valve hardware is no relevant topic for me anymore after this. Zero communication, refund with no reason given. Just.. not how I roll. A company does this exactly once to me.
You had 4 years and multiple sales to get your replacement.
You should never buy another piece of tech to be on the safe side.

Reading comprehension score = 0/100

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2019, 12:01 RedEye9

Never again.

I don't understand.

You had 4 years and multiple sales to get your replacement.
You should never buy another piece of tech to be on the safe side.

If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2019, 11:54 eRe4s3r

Never again.

I don't understand.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2019, 11:03 Primalchrome

Never again.

I don't understand.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2019, 07:39 PHJF

ForgedReality wrote on Dec 1, 2019, 18:24:
I ordered a Steam Controller, but then a couple days later, my money was refunded and they're now out of stock. Why would you even let me order it, GabeN!? Get my hopes up, just to dash them on the rocks. I should have learned from Half-Life 3.

Never again.

Uhhhh my Steamlink integrates flawlessly with my PS3 pad...

Steam + PSN: PHJF

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2019, 00:02 RedEye9

SirKnight wrote on Dec 1, 2019, 23:22:
I ordered a steam controller through steam and it went all the way through, but I never got the confirmation email. So I hope it really did go through.

I'm disappointed Valve did not put a sale on the Index, but since they are selling so well due to HLA, I guess they don't feel the need. I would have ordered one if they did. Now I don't know. I'm sure the Oculus CV1 I have will be fine with HLA, but I want the full-fat experience with the much better visual quality the Index has over the CV1.
Check your steam purchases here https://store.steampowered.com/account/history/

My order shows (desktop browser)
Shipment Status: Shipping Soon

(Mobile shows)
Shipping Status: Processing
Delivery delays are expected due to high order volume. We'll ship your order as soon as we can and send you an email with tracking information once that happens.

Gotta love the 2 different responses

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2019, 23:22 SirKnight

I ordered a steam controller through steam and it went all the way through, but I never got the confirmation email. So I hope it really did go through.

I'm disappointed Valve did not put a sale on the Index, but since they are selling so well due to HLA, I guess they don't feel the need. I would have ordered one if they did. Now I don't know. I'm sure the Oculus CV1 I have will be fine with HLA, but I want the full-fat experience with the much better visual quality the Index has over the CV1.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2019, 20:52 CJ_Parker

Don't fret. I'm sure they are working on a Steam controller 2.0 that will only cost $499 plus tax and shipping. You can buy two then to be on the safe side.  

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2019, 20:35 eRe4s3r

ForgedReality wrote on Dec 1, 2019, 18:24:
I ordered a Steam Controller, but then a couple days later, my money was refunded and they're now out of stock. Why would you even let me order it, GabeN!? Get my hopes up, just to dash them on the rocks. I should have learned from Half-Life 3.

Never again.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2019, 19:02 RedEye9

Steam Controller
Subtotal $49.99
Discount -$44.99 ( -89%)
Shipping and Handling $7.99
Tax $1.07
Total $14.06
Shipment Status: Shipping Soon

Eh, for $14 dollars I couldn't turn it down.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2019, 18:24 ForgedReality

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2019, 16:51 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Dec 1, 2019, 14:49:
Yeah well a heads-up would've been nice. I was always on the fence about the thing, and I would've bought it if I knew it'd be discontinued. Now it's OoS though, just like that. Valve really does give fuck all about their customers.

You shouldn't blame Valve for your inaction. You had plenty of time to buy one.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2019, 16:44 MeanJim

phinn wrote on Dec 1, 2019, 13:52:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 1, 2019, 13:35:
Steam controller is OoS.

Discontinued and suddenly people want it.

Yeah well a heads-up would've been nice. I was always on the fence about the thing, and I would've bought it if I knew it'd be discontinued. Now it's OoS though, just like that. Valve really does give fuck all about their customers.

You can still buy them on Amazon.

MeanJim on Steam

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2019, 16:30 Muscular Beaver

Steam controller is OoS.

If you wanted it so bad, you could have put it at least on your wishlist, which would have warned you about this. I got one. Cant say no at 5 bucks, even if youre not going to use it much.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2019, 15:30 HoSpanky

Steam controller is OoS.

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/205984/rip-steam-controller

And every major gaming news publication had something about it, but clearly someone needed to hold you by the hand and maintain eye contact while they told you so youd pay attention.

Honestly, though, its not a great controller. Uncomfortable to hold, awkward to use.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2019, 14:53 RedEye9

Steam controller is OoS.

Yeah well a heads-up waah wah wah Tears
Release date November 10, 2015
You've had 4 years and multiple sales to get one if you wanted it.
How much headsup does an entitled gamer need.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2019, 14:49 Quinn

Steam controller is OoS.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2019, 13:52 phinn

Steam controller is OoS.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >