Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Red Dead Redemption 2 Gallops onto Steam Next Week

Rockstar Games tweets that the PC edition of Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released on Steam on December 5th. That about covers it, but for the record, here's what they say about the Steam release of the wild west shooter sequel:
Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC is coming to Steam on December 5
View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 29, 2019, 16:19 Mordecai Walfish

Nimh wrote on Nov 28, 2019, 21:03:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 28, 2019, 19:14:
the game ran perfect for me since launch, and i had maybe 1 crash getting through 50% of the game, but the most recent patch changed all that for me and there are numerous issues now. I wish they didnt force people to patch single player games like this.. everything was running so smoothly for me before.

I know this was not the norm for most people running the game, but it was rock solid on my system and its been a bit disappointing getting it forcibly downgraded like this so soon. its cheapened the single player experience with some of the physics bugs that have been introduced which kind of sucks because rdr2 single player is all ive been playing.

Try deleting all the files where your system.xml file is located (donít delete system.xml). This should rebuild the cache properly.

Thanks. I deleted some vulkan files there before and it didn't help. I'll try nuking the rest

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 28, 2019, 21:03 Nimh

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 28, 2019, 19:14:
the game ran perfect for me since launch, and i had maybe 1 crash getting through 50% of the game, but the most recent patch changed all that for me and there are numerous issues now. I wish they didnt force people to patch single player games like this.. everything was running so smoothly for me before.

I know this was not the norm for most people running the game, but it was rock solid on my system and its been a bit disappointing getting it forcibly downgraded like this so soon. its cheapened the single player experience with some of the physics bugs that have been introduced which kind of sucks because rdr2 single player is all ive been playing.

Try deleting all the files where your system.xml file is located (donít delete system.xml). This should rebuild the cache properly.

30. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 28, 2019, 19:14 Mordecai Walfish

29. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Gallops onto Steam Next Week Nov 28, 2019, 11:32 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Nov 28, 2019, 11:19:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 12:19:
Darks wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 11:57:
Be nice if they had it on Steam so it could be pre-ordered it I wanted too.

Oh yeah, I've heard this, too, that keys are supposed to be EXTREMELY limited so it is really essential to get your preorders in ASAP. Hopefully Valve will wake the fuck up and enable preorders before it is too late!!!
I heard the keys are made from titanium with platinum inlay, which is why they are so hard to make.
There is an extremely high reject rate due to titanium's propensity at disliking bonding to dissimilar metals.
Only about 1 out of every 3 keys is viable.
Like concrete, metal bonding is another skill that the Roman's were better at than us modern apes.

ďIf the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.Ē

28. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Gallops onto Steam Next Week Nov 28, 2019, 11:21 jdreyer

Woohoo, go Steam! Fuck EGS!

Oh, wait. I forgot I don't care where I get my games.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

27. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Gallops onto Steam Next Week Nov 28, 2019, 11:19 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 12:19:
Darks wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 11:57:
Be nice if they had it on Steam so it could be pre-ordered it I wanted too.

Oh yeah, I've heard this, too, that keys are supposed to be EXTREMELY limited so it is really essential to get your preorders in ASAP. Hopefully Valve will wake the fuck up and enable preorders before it is too late!!!
I heard the keys are made from titanium with platinum inlay, which is why they are so hard to make.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

26. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Gallops onto Steam Next Week Nov 28, 2019, 11:18 jdreyer

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 12:15:
Know what else is coming on December 5th? Mechwarrior 5 Mercs. Guess which Ill be playing? (Assuming it's at least a half decent game)
What if someone more steampunk mechs into RDR2? Then would you play it?

25. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Gallops onto Steam Next Week Nov 28, 2019, 10:46 Nimh

Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 23:37:
are the performance issues addressed yet?

Yes and no.. there have been 3 big patches so far, which addressed game crashing and the like. But if you have a marginal system it's going to struggle with the game no matter what. A couple sites benchmarked the individual settings, you'll want to start with those. If you go in and do ultra/high settings blindly it's going to result in poorer performance than what you may be used to.

24. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Gallops onto Steam Next Week Nov 28, 2019, 02:02 MrBone

And this is what I was waiting for. One client to rule them all.  

23. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Gallops onto Steam Next Week Nov 27, 2019, 23:37 Steele Johnson

are the performance issues addressed yet?  

22. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Gallops onto Steam Next Week Nov 27, 2019, 20:58 HoSpanky

El Pit wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 16:19:
At least there is no multiple hundred $$$ paywall in front of it.. I am looking at you, Alyx and Valve!

EDIT: Also it is nice to see it leave early access!

Alyx doesnít have a paywall for the people itís being sold to. Itís like going to a tire dealer and saying ďthese tires are going to cost me $19,000 because I donít have a car yet!Ē.

As for RDR2, Iíll pick that up at some point, prolly in a year or so.

21. Re: Stuff Nov 27, 2019, 19:46 Rigs

Rectal Prolapse wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 18:03:
Rigs wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 16:54:
Hell, fuck, yeah, can't freakin' wait! HiddenExperia was saying it's gonna be a disaster but I don't care, I just wanna play REACH ON PC! Drool

=-Rigs-=

Wait, what is wrong with Halo: Reach PC????!!! I googled HiddenExperia(sic) and I didn't see anything obvious?

He was saying that Reach needed to be delayed due to concerns about things like latency, input lag and lack of promised features. He felt it could be another MCC launch catastrophe. I was already under the impression REACH was going to have some issues given that it wasn't originally built with the PC in mind to begin with. I'm in for the long haul anyway.

Video here. His name is actually 'HiddenXperia'...oops. Damn kids with their strange names...

=-Rigs-=

20. Re: Blacklist? Nov 27, 2019, 19:22 CJ_Parker

Staunch wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 15:44:
Is it an exclusive if it's just not available on Steam?

Not making a game available on Steam is the equivalent of castration with a hot iron rod for the Steam cuitists. It's a deep, personal insult. An unforgivable sin. The epitome of a capital crime. Punishable by death and death alone.

19. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Gallops onto Steam Next Week Nov 27, 2019, 18:16 Quinn

Loved the RDR2 singleplayer. I'm a fan of Arthur Morgan. I did really miss the wild wild west vibe. People tell me RDR1 scratches that itch. Too bad.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

18. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Gallops onto Steam Next Week Nov 27, 2019, 18:15 RedEye9

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 14:03:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 13:21:
Know what else is coming on December 5th? Mechwarrior 5 Mercs. Guess which Ill be playing? (Assuming it's at least a half decent game)

Epic Store Exclusive for one year.

So what?
exactly

ďIf the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.Ē

17. Re: Stuff Nov 27, 2019, 18:03 Rectal Prolapse

Rigs wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 16:54:
Hell, fuck, yeah, can't freakin' wait! HiddenExperia was saying it's gonna be a disaster but I don't care, I just wanna play REACH ON PC! Drool

=-Rigs-=

Wait, what is wrong with Halo: Reach PC????!!! I googled HiddenExperia(sic) and I didn't see anything obvious?

16. Re: Blacklist? Nov 27, 2019, 17:47 Cutter

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 15:06:
I usually blacklist any game that is an "Epic exclusive" because I don't support anti-consumer practices. (Disappointing sometimes, would have loved to play The Outer Worlds)

The fact that it was only exclusive for one month instead of an entire year, and apparently had some launch issues patched out in the last couple weeks anyways, might be worth an exception for this one though.

Dude, you can get in on the Xbox Gamepass for PC beta for a $1 a month and it includes a metric shit ton of games including Outer Worlds.
As for the game itself I was unimpressed and uninstalled it about half way through - really boring IMO. So glad I didn't buy it. I'm playing Metro Exodus on it atm and it's kinda meh too IMO.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

15. Re: Blacklist? Nov 27, 2019, 16:54 Rigs

Darks wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 16:12:
Yea, well Halo Reach comes out also next week, so Ill be having fun with that one.

HALO Reach (around) love, what what!

=-Rigs-=

14. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Gallops onto Steam Next Week Nov 27, 2019, 16:19 El Pit

Kxmode wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 13:21:

Epic Store Exclusive for one year.

At least there is no multiple hundred $$$ paywall in front of it.. I am looking at you, Alyx and Valve!

EDIT: Also it is nice to see it leave early access!

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

13. Re: Blacklist? Nov 27, 2019, 16:12 Darks

Yea, well Halo Reach comes out also next week, so Ill be having fun with that one.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >