Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch

EA announces that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is their fastest-selling digital launch ever for a Star Wars Game, and that it is their top-selling Star Wars game on PC during its initial two-week launch window. Here's what they have to say about this:
Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), Respawn Entertainment and Lucasfilm announced that the critically acclaimed Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™ is the fastest-selling digital launch for a Star Wars game in its first two weeks. The game is also now EA’s top-selling Star Wars title on PC in its initial launch window.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a critical success as well as being the highest rated Star Wars game of this console generation. Business Insider exclaims that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is “the best Star Wars game ever made,” while GameSpot calls it “one of the most compelling game additions to the Star Wars franchise in years.” GQ notes that the game “lives up to the hype,” while IGN says it is, “an all-around amazing game” in their 9.0 out of 10 review.

“On behalf of Respawn and EA, we thank everyone for their support of the studio and the team throughout the development and launch of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Telling a story in the Star Wars galaxy is a dream come true and the reception from the fans has been incredible,” said Vince Zampella, Head of Respawn. “With the launch of the game, the debut of The Mandalorian and the upcoming release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, it’s a great time to be a Star Wars fan!”

"Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order demonstrates the amazing potential for original storytelling in Star Wars games,” said Sean Shoptaw, SVP, Games and Interactive Experiences, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. "The close collaboration between Respawn and Lucasfilm is a perfect example of how we can deliver an experience for fans that is authentic to the stories and worlds they love, while also being an incredibly fun and innovative game. With the fantastic reception and launch so far, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has proven to be the must-play game this Holiday.”
View
63 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

63. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 27, 2019, 09:55 VoodooV

yeah you don't get to have it both ways.

The claim is out there that Disney is racist BECAUSE they hired an actress who is black.

But now the claim is that Trump can't possibly be racist because he has black friends and hugs and kisses them. #cringe

The cognitive dissonance is real.

Thread Locked Thread Locked Delete Report

62. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 27, 2019, 09:18 VaranDragon

Reading this thread makes me feel like I've lost at least 10-15 IQ....

So I guess...well done Disney?

61. removed Nov 27, 2019, 05:10 RedEye9

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 27, 2019, 09:53.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

60. removed Nov 27, 2019, 04:18 Muscular Beaver

* REMOVED *

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

59. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 27, 2019, 03:57 Slick

This thread is like a microcosm of the conversation derail clusterfuck that will be happening at thanksgiving tables all over the USA in 2 days time.  

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

58. removed Nov 27, 2019, 03:51 Simon Says

* REMOVED *

57. removed Nov 27, 2019, 03:14 Kxmode

* REMOVED *

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

56. removed Nov 27, 2019, 02:09 Muscular Beaver

* REMOVED *

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

55. Re: Nov 27, 2019, 02:05 jdreyer

intermarer wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 01:05:
First one to bring up racism. gg, you lose
Soooo, Godwin's law for gaming threads?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

54. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 27, 2019, 02:02 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 18:35:
No I don't because I actually read and understood my own post and my line of reasoning . I made it very clear that the thought process that went into choosing the actress for Cere is an annoyance to me. You know who the racists are? Disney are the racists. Because THEY apparently feel it is important to have a black female counterpart for a white male lead. I think that it's silly and unnecessary. That is all.
Inorite? Disney are fools. They should have cast a hot Chinese actress to capture that Asian market like all those Hollywood movies do.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

53. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 27, 2019, 01:53 Muscular Beaver

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 17:50:
They did not follow an artistic vision. They did not pick the "best" actress for the job. They picked someone to fit their inclusion agenda.

Well, even today you cant just assume that. Maybe its like you say, but maybe its just nepotism. Someone had a family member/friend/whatever. Happens more often than you think.
The rest of the game, which I saw, doesnt really fit in the SJW cupboard.

52. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 27, 2019, 01:47 jdreyer

VoodooV wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 18:02:
sometimes a cigar is just a cigar dude. Stop seeing conspiracies everywhere man.

Dude, bad example. Cigars are always phallic symbols. Everyone knows that.

51. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 27, 2019, 01:33 jdreyer

MacLeod wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 16:45:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 16:30:
MacLeod wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 13:37:
I'm also curious as to what makes you think Cere is SJW material... because other than being female, there's nothing in her character dialog that I saw that could be used to put her in the incel's SJW column. her character arc is pretty much the polar opposite of SJW, since you literally end up saving her from herself.

Male white lead gotta have a black female co-lead = "SJW light" and what really turns it into proper SJW is that she's unattractive as fuck. They made her look like a frog (those eyes!) so no one gets the idea that she might be a sexy sidekick or just deco or shit.

And this is why I can't take SJW arguments seriously at all... got it, so a black female character instantly makes it SJW... FFS. It's always "wah, wah, feminism, SJW, stop forcing it, it should be organic having [insert race / gender here]!"... then when a game just uses an actress of color (who the in-game model is based on btw), without trying to "push an agenda", making her as flawed, if not more so than the main character, it's still "Wah! SJW!" Thank you for clarifying. I will ignore any arguments you make with "SJW" in your commentary from now on.
Hey, man. All I know is that if the characters don't look like me, it's SJW shit. No liebrul commie gonna tell me otherwise.

50. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 27, 2019, 01:25 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 13:45:
MacLeod wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 13:37:
Random SW fan blurbs:
* Stormtrooper ambient dialog is amazing... talking about having a 100% accuracy on the range and having the high ground. And the fact they actually get scared of you.

Yup! I wish their actions matched their words. One Trooper said, "I'm only stationed here." I wanted to let the guy go, but unfortunately, the AI was programmed to shoot at me, so I just ran past. I think it would've been awesome if Respawn added a mercy option, and even more so if sparring would lead to the possibility of reinforcements.
If they had added a mercy option, someone would have complained that they were shoehorning in SJW bullshit.

49. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 27, 2019, 01:12 Muscular Beaver

The game is so crappy, it hurts. Literally.
They even warn you how crappy it really is on PC, by telling you to use a controller instead.
But the horrible controls (even with a controller) arent all of it. It doesnt even look very good. To me it seemed like I am playing a very cheap console game, because the challenges are so boring and combat is all the same every time, and they even make you repeat it over and over again. The maps also are tiny and just stacked on top of each other that you have to unlock over time, to make it look bigger. And then the very obvious Rocket rip-off alien... lol...
Pathetic game all around. The only thing that impressed me was the starting cut scene of the scrap yard, and contrary to Parker, that it wasnt a SJW main character (Parker obviously has PTSD from all the SJW crap in other movies, series and games, so I wont judge him). I had high hopes after that, but that game feels like its from 2003 and one of the worst console ports ever.

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2019, 01:23.

48. Re: Nov 27, 2019, 01:05 intermarer

First one to bring up racism. gg, you lose  

47. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 26, 2019, 23:05 Simon Says

They say it's a mix of Dark Souls and Metroidvania. I love both these genres, but this game? Tried it and it's boring, didn't keep my attention for more than an hour. I can't fathom how it seems to be doing so well.

I wanted a Jedi Knight/Academy'ish game, not this crap.

46. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 26, 2019, 22:18 HorrorScope

You guys don't want to talk games, you want to talk bullshit.  

45. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 26, 2019, 21:29 Dirwulf

Cere is a mocap of the actress who plays her, Debra Wilson.

That's what she looks like in real life lol.

Same with Forrest Whitaker and Saw.

44. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 26, 2019, 21:22 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 13:39:
Why would it be more adult content when Star Wars is pretty well aimed at kids?

Adults, too, but more kids. Their bread and butter is children. It always has been. It always will be.

C'mon Beam, we want to romance Twi'leks complete with sex scene. Oh, wait. Mass Effect gave us that 10 years ago.

63 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >