Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Evening Multiplex Nov 22, 2019, 22:03 Darks

jdreyer wrote on Nov 22, 2019, 15:32:
Darks wrote on Nov 22, 2019, 08:20:
I guess you guys are not taking into account that a mech weighing in at anywhere from 50 tons to 100 tons moving at 25 to 35 miles per hour will utterly destroy a building. and will walk right through it like its tissue paper.

I get what you are saying, but the physics of that weight will utterly fuck up anything in its path.

Well, an M1 Abrams tank weighs 60 tons and goes 40 mph, and they *never* drive them into buildings.

I was in the Marines for 11 years, dont ever think they wouldn't if the need arose. Trust me, those tanks will run straight through a building just as easily.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Evening Multiplex Nov 22, 2019, 15:32 jdreyer

Darks wrote on Nov 22, 2019, 08:20:
I guess you guys are not taking into account that a mech weighing in at anywhere from 50 tons to 100 tons moving at 25 to 35 miles per hour will utterly destroy a building. and will walk right through it like its tissue paper.

I get what you are saying, but the physics of that weight will utterly fuck up anything in its path.

Well, an M1 Abrams tank weighs 60 tons and goes 40 mph, and they *never* drive them into buildings.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

6. Re: Evening Multiplex Nov 22, 2019, 14:04 jacobvandy

But it's supposed to be the year 3015, wouldn't the futuristic materials which make these mechs possible also make for sturdier buildings? Besides, it's not just being able to kool-aid through them that looks off, you can also see a building literally melting to ash just from being within 15m or so of that autocannon impacting its target.  

5. Re: Evening Multiplex Nov 22, 2019, 08:20 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

4. Re: Evening Multiplex Nov 22, 2019, 03:46 VaranDragon

Appart from all those prefabs being made of tissue paper, the game looks damn cool. Im hoping not all the buildings will be so easily destructible, or at least that they will damage your mech accordingly. (Depending on mass, armor etc.)  

3. Re: Evening Multiplex Nov 22, 2019, 01:28 jdreyer

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Nov 21, 2019, 19:32:
As much as it pleases me that we're getting a new single-player Mechwarrior game, and one that features destructible buildings, the plasticine nature of the structures still annoys me. Battlemechs are powerful vehicles, but even they shouldn't be walking through concrete buildings as if they were tissue paper. Aside from the fact that it ruins the immersion of the experience, the fragility of the buildings greatly lessens their tactical value (it also is greatly in opposition to the lore; urban combat was a fright for mechwarriors because it limited their vision and manueverability, something not at all evident in the trailers).

Unfortunately, this complaint has been made to the developers since the beginning and nothing has changed. I guess they think its cool.

+1.

Am I playing Mechwarrior, or Kool-Aid Man? Oh, yeah!

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

2. Re: Evening Multiplex Nov 21, 2019, 22:14 Simon Says

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Nov 21, 2019, 19:32:
As much as it pleases me that we're getting a new single-player Mechwarrior game, and one that features destructible buildings, the plasticine nature of the structures still annoys me. Battlemechs are powerful vehicles, but even they shouldn't be walking through concrete buildings as if they were tissue paper. Aside from the fact that it ruins the immersion of the experience, the fragility of the buildings greatly lessens their tactical value (it also is greatly in opposition to the lore; urban combat was a fright for mechwarriors because it limited their vision and manueverability, something not at all evident in the trailers).

Unfortunately, this complaint has been made to the developers since the beginning and nothing has changed. I guess they think its cool.

Agreed, bummer. Oh well, someone might be able to mod it in later, plenty of time ahead of us as we wait for its non Epic Anti Competitive Crap release.

1. Re: Evening Multiplex Nov 21, 2019, 19:32 The_Pink_Tiger

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >