Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Apple has a long history of stupidity Nov 23, 2019, 23:51 Mr. Tact

Hanneth wrote on Nov 23, 2019, 19:17:
blah, blah, blah
You honestly think Apple has only been lucky? Hate to burst your bubble but you don't get to a trillion dollar market capitalization on luck. As for whether they are the best at this or that.. *shrug* who cares? Certainly not me. Maybe someday they'll get their first purchase from me, but I wouldn't advise you holding your breath until it happens. They certainly aren't going away anytime soon.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 23, 2019, 23:46 Mr. Tact

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 23, 2019, 19:24:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 23, 2019, 17:55:
Apple is lots of things, stupid isn't one of them, at least generally speaking. I'm sure there are examples of some bad stumbles, that said they have successfully bled their customers all the way to a trillion dollar company.
That is the only measure of success that matters.
Yep. Bleeding people is good, it is the only way to get anywhere in this world...

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 23, 2019, 19:24 RedEye9

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 23, 2019, 17:55:
Apple is lots of things, stupid isn't one of them, at least generally speaking. I'm sure there are examples of some bad stumbles, that said they have successfully bled their customers all the way to a trillion dollar company.
That is the only measure of success that matters.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

3. Apple has a long history of stupidity Nov 23, 2019, 19:17 Hanneth

Lucky and stupid are not the same thing. Apple has survived in spite of constant stupid decisions. We aren't talking about slightly stupid decisions, we are talking completely stupid.
We are talking about being the market leader in computers and loosing it.
We are talking about being able to become tge market leaders again and squandering it.
We are tslking about being the market leader in music devices and squandering it.
We are talking about the ability to be the world leader in cellphones and squandering it.
We are talking about being the world leader in music and squandering it.

.This isn't stumbling, this is showing a level of incompetence that most companies couldn't afford to do once. Just look at Nokia. Apple has done this at least 8 times.

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 23, 2019, 17:55 Mr. Tact

1. HOW STUPID IS APPLE? Nov 22, 2019, 02:32 Hanneth

They are going from an unimaginable stupid development cycle, to an extremely stupid one!
Sure that is an improvement, but not much of one.
How do inept people keep ending up as team leads at large companies?

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >