Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 21, 2019, 23:00 Mr. Tact

Even if it is true, which I doubt -- it is due mainly to things they did purposely to make fixes harder. Despite all their talk Apple is no more consumer friendly than any other major corporation.  

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 21, 2019, 11:41 Verno

Re: Apple profit/loss on repair services

I actually believe that, during the Jony Ive era they became obsessed with making devices smaller and thinner at the expense of being able to repair them. Anyone who has had to repair an iPhone can attest to this. The trouble with that that design mantra is that it leads to a lot of electronic waste and consumers are through wanting to upgrade their phones every year. Other manufacturers have since followed their lead which is frustrating, I repaired the missus' Samsung Galaxy S10 recently and it was an incredible pain in the ass compared to the S6 she used to have.

Thankfully Ive is gone and they're retreating on thinner designs with the Macbooks so I'm hopeful they do the same thing in the phone market. They also seem to be finally embracing longer ownership periods and trying to shift revenues from devices to services.

Playing: Beat Saber, Control, Warhammer 2
Watching: Peaky Blinders, Ad Astra, The Office
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >