Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

It seems I have helped the Earth complete another successful orbit of the sun and arrived at yet another birthday. I can only assume that the Earth has increased in speed, as it seems like it was only yesterday that we completed the last such voyage. Now where are my orthopedic shoes? It's almost time for the early bird special!

Celebratory Links: Thanks Ant.
Stories: Remote-controlled drug smuggling car: 16-year-old arrested for using the device to bring drugs across the border.
‘Rick and Morty’- QR Code on Rick’s Funnel Hat Actually Works. Thanks RedEye9.
Better Call Saul Season 5 Premiere Date Revealed In First Teaser.
Science: New antibiotic found in bacteria inside a worm inside an insect egg.
Alpha Monocerotid meteor shower could produce 100 meteors in 15 minutes.
Images: Mexican Church Unveils Baby Jesus Statue That Looks Like Phil Collins – Rolling Stone. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Media: 1,000km Cable to the Stars - The Skyhook.
Don't Jump A Gift Shark In The Mouth.
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up (Pianoforte) (Official Audio). Thanks Boing Boing.
Follow-up: Craig Re-Affirms "No Time" Is His Final Bond.
The Funnies: Savage Chickens.
View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2019, 14:30 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 22, 2019, 06:04:
Former Fox News anchor Shepard Smith donating $500,000 to Committee to Protect Journalists
oddly enough not reported on faux noise*, all propaganda all the time
Shep is a stand-up guy.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2019, 06:04 RedEye9

Former Fox News anchor Shepard Smith donating $500,000 to Committee to Protect Journalists
oddly enough not reported on faux noise*, all propaganda all the time

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2019, 02:42 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 22, 2019, 02:18:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 22, 2019, 02:07:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 21, 2019, 19:04:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 21, 2019, 16:15:
Bandwidth upgrade to up-to 1 Gbps. Current speeds. How long it takes to download 19.2GB.
Yep. Standard problem. Amusingly the fastest speeds I've seen are from overseas. I downloaded a large update for E:D (from the UK to the US) and hit my cap of 300 mbps.

Holy schmoly! Rechecked speed. Dance

Well, a lot of people have gone to bed already.

But I have fiber. They all snake off a central hub, but each house has its own dedicated line that goes directly to the Internet backbone.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2019, 02:37 jdreyer

1,000km Cable to the Stars - The Skyhook.

Interesting, this was my suggesting during our space elevator conversation a couple of months ago in OotB. I didn't have the rotating bit, just a tether that came down to about 100 miles above the earth.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

17. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2019, 02:18 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Nov 22, 2019, 02:07:
Bandwidth upgrade to up-to 1 Gbps. Current speeds. How long it takes to download 19.2GB.
Yep. Standard problem. Amusingly the fastest speeds I've seen are from overseas. I downloaded a large update for E:D (from the UK to the US) and hit my cap of 300 mbps.

Well, a lot of people have gone to bed already.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2019, 02:17 jdreyer

So what you're saying is that you've set up 10TB external HDs on weekly delivery from Amazon to store your burgeoning pr0n collection?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2019, 02:07 Kxmode

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2019, 23:27 WarPig

Happy Birthday Blue!

GO SEAHAWKS!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2019, 23:18 Hoop

And you still haven't done anything about moving! …….oh wait.

Um .. Behind you...

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2019, 23:14 Acleacius

It's a Blue Birthday! Cake W00tw00t Lighter  

People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked
and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2019, 19:04 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2019, 17:36 afka Rossini

Happy Birthday, Blue!
It seems like a good time for a drink and cold calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: Rick and Morty
Damn those guys pack a lot into each frame of that show. I haven't seen a Lovefinderrz [sic] app but there is a website . If you hit refresh, it will change the quote at the bottom of the page.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2019, 16:15 Kxmode

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2019, 14:31 Nimh

Happy birthday! Don't forget your AARP card if you're going out tonight.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2019, 14:15 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 21, 2019, 13:04:
Amazon marketplace can setup weekly Ensure deliveries.

You jest but I can say that is a literal life saver. When our foster daughter was dying of pancreatic cancer, it got to the point that Ensure was the only thing she could intake.

We had cases of it left over and the apple juice based one with protein is by far the best. The shake-esque ones are just godawful thick and chalky.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2019, 13:16 Verno

Happy Birthday Blue Cake  

Playing: Beat Saber, Control, Warhammer 2
Watching: Peaky Blinders, Ad Astra, The Office

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2019, 13:16 Creston

Happy level-up!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2019, 13:04 RedEye9

Wecome to having supper no later than 2:30p. Amazon marketplace can setup weekly Ensure deliveries. i like the polident flavor
HBB

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2019, 12:32 mch

Happy birthday Blue!  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2019, 11:03 Burrito of Peace

Happy Birthday Blue!  

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >