Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Into the Black

Link of the Day: Trying to aim with a controller - Crossplay. How I feel any time I try a console shooter. Thanks Ant.
View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Into the Black Nov 21, 2019, 17:53 Jivaro

All I know is that I am so terrible with a gamepad in a shooter I think I managed to shoot myself once.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Into the Black Nov 21, 2019, 09:51 Verno

I disagree. I've been trying with gamepads for years and even with tweaks to sensitivity and deadzones it's still just a really shitty way to aim. Acceptable might be a better word because it is just not proficient. There's a reason console games are laden with auto-aim and snap to targets. You could put the best console FPS player against an average PC gamer and they will get destroyed. Microsoft has tried numerous crossplay experiments in TPS/FPS games over the years and every time the console players need to be segregated because they get utterly dominated.  

Playing: Beat Saber, Control, Warhammer 2
Watching: Peaky Blinders, Ad Astra, The Office

7. Re: Into the Black Nov 20, 2019, 22:08 Scottish Martial Arts

It's definitely possible to get proficient with aiming with a gamepad, but the cap on your precision is also definitely lower as compared to a mouse and keyboard. The trick is to not spazz out and fully deflect the thumbstick; gentle, subtle movements are a must if you want to be precise. That said, I'd still take a mouse and keyboard over a gamepad any day when playing a FPS and for most (but not all) third person games.  

6. Re: Into the Black Nov 20, 2019, 22:01 RedEye9

1badmf wrote on Nov 20, 2019, 21:33:
just for you pc players trying to adapt to console - the trick to aiming with the sticks is to get your crosshair as close to the target as your skills enable, then strafe onto the target.
Sounds casually sloppy, I'd rather take a shower with socks on.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

5. Re: Into the Black Nov 20, 2019, 21:33 1badmf

just for you pc players trying to adapt to console - the trick to aiming with the sticks is to get your crosshair as close to the target as your skills enable, then strafe onto the target.  

4. Re: Into the Black Nov 20, 2019, 21:06 NotOneOfUs

Fighting the controls instead of playing the game: FPSes on consoles (not made by the Goldeneye/Timesplitters team).  

3. Re: Into the Black Nov 20, 2019, 20:02 HorrorScope

They should have a piece on his aiming still way off (not quite as bad as shown) but hits the dude square. Aim assist.  

2. Re: Into the Black Nov 20, 2019, 19:52 SirKnight

That definitely looks like me when trying to play a shooter on a gamepad. Like a monkey F'ing a football. lol  

1. Re: Into the Black Nov 20, 2019, 19:35 RedEye9

I'd sooner watch a let's play than use a controller.  

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >