Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is now available for Windows on the Epic Games Store, Origin, and Steam, offering a new single-player adventure set a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Yesterday's Become a Jedi trailer accompanies the release, though this is a mostly live-action affair, while last month's Launch Trailer shows off some cinematics and gameplay. Here's what to expect:
A galaxy-spanning adventure awaits in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, a new third-person action-adventure title from Respawn Entertainment. This narratively driven, single-player game puts you in the role of a Jedi Padawan who narrowly escaped the purge of Order 66 following the events of Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. On a quest to rebuild the Jedi Order, you must pick up the pieces of your shattered past to complete your training, develop new powerful Force abilities and master the art of the iconic lightsaber - all while staying one step ahead of the Empire and its deadly Inquisitors.

While mastering your abilities, players will engage in cinematically charged lightsaber and Force combat designed to deliver the kind of intense Star Wars lightsaber battles as seen in the films. Players will need to approach enemies strategically, sizing up strengths and weaknesses while cleverly utilizing your Jedi training to overcome your opponents and solve the mysteries that lay in your path.

Star Wars fans will recognize iconic locations, weapons, gear and enemies while also meeting a roster of fresh characters, locations, creatures, droids and adversaries new to Star Wars. As part of this authentic Star Wars story, fans will delve into a galaxy recently seized by the Empire. As a Jedi hero-turned-fugitive, players will need to fight for survival while exploring the mysteries of a long-extinct civilization all in an effort to rebuild the remnants of the Jedi Order as the Empire seeks to erase the Jedi completely.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 19, 2019, 12:59 licensedsaucer9

Not really my kind of game, but I have watched centerstrain01 on youtube playing the hardest difficulty, and it looks pretty good for what it is.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 17, 2019, 10:22 Slick

I played a closed alpha of this game, it's not 12 hours. closer to 30-40 hours.

The combat feels better than it looks, it's hard to translate by watching a twitch video, similar to dark souls.

Visually very impressive, and there's lots to explore, it's not a linear game at all.

Writing is mid-tier, but direction, presentation, set-pieces, action are all top-notch.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

31. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 16, 2019, 14:48 Kxmode

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Nov 16, 2019, 12:56:
Is it just me or does it seem ironic that in a game where you can only play a guy they have a girl selling the game in a commercial.

No. Because they show the game from the girl and her father's point of view. The younger and older generation sharing in the imagination.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

30. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 16, 2019, 14:46 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2019, 12:16:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 16, 2019, 04:25:
About three hours in and I'm still on the first planet. I'm pretty sure this is not a 12 hour game. The trajectory looks more like 20-30 hour.
There are 4 planets? How long before you finish it?

No idea, but the planet map shows I've only explored 36%. There are a lot of places I can't go yet because I don't have the force ability to reach it.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

29. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 16, 2019, 12:56 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Is it just me or does it seem ironic that in a game where you can only play a guy they have a girl selling the game in a commercial.  

28. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 16, 2019, 12:16 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Nov 16, 2019, 04:25:
About three hours in and I'm still on the first planet. I'm pretty sure this is not a 12 hour game. The trajectory looks more like 20-30 hour.
There are 4 planets? How long before you finish it?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

27. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 16, 2019, 11:16 Titus

One of the first levels in this game is a direct tribute to pne from Shadows of the Empire.  

26. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 16, 2019, 04:25 Kxmode

25. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 16, 2019, 04:13 Kxmode

Choobeastia wrote on Nov 16, 2019, 00:28:
MeanJim wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 22:37:
Even if I were interested, it would be a no buy for these reasons:

3rd-party DRM:
* Denuvo
* EA on-line activation and Origin client software installation and background use required.
* Requires 3rd-Party Account: EA Account (Supports Linking to Steam Account)

Understandable if you haven't made that leap previously. For me, Origin isn't a big issue, as I have Origin Access, and save a ton of money on games monthly that way.

One correction, though. The game doesn't us Denuvo DRM. At least, I have not been able to find any references to it on the Origin page, on the Steam Page, or doing searches on the internet.

Actually, it does. "Denuvo Software Solutions manages the digital rights for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Denuvo supports Anti-Tamper, Application License Management, Anti-Cheating, Optical Media Protection, and Media & Process QC. So, cracking the new Star Wars title won’t be an easy task." Personally, it runs fast enough for me not to care. I also legally purchased the game so I don't care if another layer of DRM is in place as long as it doesn't affect performance, which, so far, it hasn't.

24. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 16, 2019, 00:28 Choobeastia

MeanJim wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 22:37:

3rd-party DRM:
* Denuvo
* EA on-line activation and Origin client software installation and background use required.

Understandable if you haven't made that leap previously. For me, Origin isn't a big issue, as I have Origin Access, and save a ton of money on games monthly that way.

One correction, though. The game doesn't us Denuvo DRM. At least, I have not been able to find any references to it on the Origin page, on the Steam Page, or doing searches on the internet.

23. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 15, 2019, 22:37 MeanJim

3rd-party DRM:
* Denuvo

MeanJim on Steam

22. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 15, 2019, 20:38 jdreyer

Darks wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 13:59:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 13:28:
Verno wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 13:22:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 12:50:
Darks I know you were playing Rune II and liking it, still good or should I avoid for now?

How can a 12 hour game be $60 in the lords year 2019?

Quality, not quantity. I'm totally happy paying $60 for a 12 hour game if its fun and a cool experience.

I want to agree with you, but honestly I feel the goal posts have moved over the years with such saturation. 12 hour game to me means the next day I'm done with it, I would look back and say pretty much no matter what unless it is simply a landmark game (this isn't, is it?) and say A. I should have got a month of Access instead for $15 and then have 28 more days to possibly pay something else. 2. Wait for a deep sale and enjoy it then, it will be better patched and $20 for two days is more palatable.

If we go back 10-15 years I think what you say is more viable.

Well, if you consider the latest COD was only around 5 or 6 hours. Then I guess this is a good deal. The new Terminator game that came out two days ago is also right at 10 hours. Seems to be the norm anymore.
Yeah, the campaign for BFBC2 ten years ago was 12 hours. For a linear story driven action game, that's actually decent.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

21. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 15, 2019, 20:29 HorrorScope

Watching on Twitch and yeah it's a rental for me, for those liking it and not just saying people here who like it, but I don't get how one can like this and then shit on recent past EA games, it looks very similar. I see a scaled down DAI in this, Anthem has better combat. MEA I haven't played but something tells me it's down this same vein. I'm not saying not to like this, but then imo there are redeeming qualities in their other games. I bet EA is confused on what people really want sometimes if this ends up being critically acclaimed.  

20. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 15, 2019, 17:55 Xero

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 17:34:
Do you feel this game has a lot of replayablity? If not, why not just rent for $15?

This is true for those that either feel cheated after paying 60 and then complaining it wasn't enough. Or true for those that don't need to own everything they see.

I personally am Okay waiting until a price drop and then buying to own but in the event that you absolutely must play the game on day 1 but don't want to complain after that it was too short and not worth 60 should have probably rented for 15 or whatever the rates are these days for renting...

I also agree that we don't need everything open world all the time. Typically unless the company has a large enough team to handle an open world, to design it so it truly feels that way, I much rather play a really well done linear game.

Half assed open world games truly suck. Your walking/driving around all over the place with dead looking places. Citizens that barely look believable populating a mostly barren town. Then you encounter more barren towns than not because they couldn't work on each individual town/location enough to get it believable. A lot of walking/driving to boring places or not enough to do. Don't need more of those.

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2019, 20:00.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Trine 4

19. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 15, 2019, 17:35 Beamer

Verno wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 13:31:
Your money man. I'm just saying $60 is totally fine with me if its a really fun 12 hour game. Not everything needs to be some marathon, people have other shit to do. And sometimes I don't want to wait because the internet manages to find a way to spoil everything, some games lose their MP communities quickly and so on. It's still less than the cost of a night out with friends anyway, not like its some insane ripoff. Games are a pretty good bang for buck in terms of entertainment at all price points.

Couldn't agree more. I don't always want an open-world game, or a rogue-like. And I've played too many ok 20 hour games that would have made for an incredible 12 hour game.
I'll generally wait on almost anything, due to a huge back-log, but I'll buy what I really want when I really want it. Like Doom and Wolfenstein 2 - bought them full price, and consider them two of the best games of the decade.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

18. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 15, 2019, 17:34 HorrorScope

Do you feel this game has a lot of replayablity? If not, why not just rent for $15?  

17. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 15, 2019, 16:28 Xero

Verno wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 13:31:
Your money man. I'm just saying $60 is totally fine with me if its a really fun 12 hour game. Not everything needs to be some marathon, people have other shit to do. And sometimes I don't want to wait because the internet manages to find a way to spoil everything, some games lose their MP communities quickly and so on. It's still less than the cost of a night out with friends anyway, not like its some insane ripoff. Games are a pretty good bang for buck in terms of entertainment at all price points.

I relate to this entirely. I prefer a shorter game experience that I can enjoy entirely and actually beat prior to getting either bored or just don't have enough time to deal with it.

While you would imagine Witcher 3 is a big no no, with all the side quests that are totally short and snackable, I can easily do a quest, take in a nice side story, and log out. Move at my own pace.

Granted as you get older in life, time is valuable and harder to make for monster sized games. It's times like these where I appreciate these shorter, great experiences that I can feel accomplished after beating it and not having to add it to the insane library of games I just don't have time for and will never see the ending...

16. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 15, 2019, 16:23 Xero

lol @ the comments right below. Everyone bringing up COD, I almost thought I clicked on the wrong title to comment on.

Anyways, so far the general census is that it's a pretty solid game. Probably not $60 worthy but once down to around $40 and below for sure.

I'll pick this up on sale.Always a sucker for a solid single player Star Wars game but I haven't done many... Shadow of the Empire on N64... Phantom Menace, Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast. That's about it. I've tried Battlefront and couldn't get into it. I loved Rogue Squadron and wished they revisit that again but it seems they are done with that type of game.

15. Re: Get Company of Heroes 2 for Free Nov 15, 2019, 16:15 HorrorScope

Flatline wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 15:06:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 14:33:
COD is more of a PVP game now though, isn't it? Is this Star Wars game going be a big PVP game?

The latest COD game is apparently a shitshow in PvP. Echoing loud footsteps and overpowered individual guns have basically turned the map into a Camping Carl festival.

Probably so, but tit is more PvP centric, no? The single player is a nice addon they put in now?

14. Re: Get Company of Heroes 2 for Free Nov 15, 2019, 15:06 Flatline

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 14:33:
COD is more of a PVP game now though, isn't it? Is this Star Wars game going be a big PVP game?

The latest COD game is apparently a shitshow in PvP. Echoing loud footsteps and overpowered individual guns have basically turned the map into a Camping Carl festival.

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >