Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Google Stadia Launch Lineup

Google reveals the launch titles that will be available for Google Stadia when their streaming game service debuts a week from tomorrow. Here's word from 9to5Google on the dozen games they will be selling upon launch, as well as what will follow:
Besides Destiny 2, which is included as part of Stadia Pro from Founder’s Edition, Premiere, or the Buddy Pass, these other titles can be purchased from the Stadia app next Tuesday. Pricing was not announced today, but it should be similar to other platforms.

The Assassin’s Creed game used to demo Project Stream last year is included, while three of them are from the Tomb Raider series.

• Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
  • Destiny 2: The Collection
  • GYLT
  • Just Dance 2020
  • Kine
  • Mortal Kombat 11
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Thumper
  • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
  • SAMURAI SHODOWN

In addition to the Stadia launch day game lineup, Google shared what’s coming later in November and December, though it warns “Dates Subject to Change.” [Update: Football Manager 2020 might also be a launch title.]

• Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle
  • Borderlands 3
  • Darksiders Genesis
  • DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2
  • Farming Simulator 19
  • FINAL FANTASY XV
  • Football Manager 2020
  • Ghost Recon Breakpoint
  • GRID
  • Metro Exodus
  • NBA 2K20
  • RAGE 2
  • Trials Rising
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Meanwhile, titles that are coming next year include Doom: Eternal, WatchDogs: Legion, Gods & Monsters, and Cyberpunk 2077.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 13, 2019, 12:23 Beamer

jdreyer wrote on Nov 13, 2019, 02:31:
Beamer wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 10:48:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 10:32:
Beamer wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 10:19:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 11, 2019, 23:16:
Ugh. What is the target market for this sort of thing? Definitely almost no one on Bluesnews, one would think. Defintely not most 'kids' who don't even have PCs these days, just tablets and phones, and a console maybe.

Hopefully this dies immediately, but clearly we are in the darkest timeline, and this will kill off gaming as we knew it.

I mean, you answered your question, no? Who is the market? People that don't even have PCs.

I'm not sure how you missed that, but yes, the market is people who want to play PC games but do not own a PC. Or people that travel frequently and want to be able to continue playing something while trapped in a hotel room with just their underpowered work laptop, or their iPad.

I wasn't thinking people would actually try to play games on a microscopic ipad screen, but hey people play games on their damn phones, so you're probably right. My comment was more that the phone/ipad demographic has zero interest in pc games, but Google has probably done a billion dollars worth of research and focus group testing, so I'm probably in the extreme minority who has no interest in this. The end is nigh, etc.

Virtually all the launch titles are also on consoles.
There's absolutely a market here. Is it a big one? Who knows? But it isn't us, you're right about that.

Which is fine. Lots of people here just mock everything not made for them as dumb or stupid. But we're all men in our 30s and beyond. Not much is made for us anymore. We're not a big spending demographic.
Actually we are. We're the ones with the money. Millennials and GenXers don't have cash.

That's what most people in our age group think, but they're not right.

We have cash, but we also have children, mortgages, and credit card bills. And we have time consuming jobs, meaning we don''t have time. As a group, not as individuals.

Think back to when you were 15-25. I'm guessing you spent infinitely more time watching movies and TV, and playing video games. I'm wagering your friends did, too.

While the average 40 year old video game enthusiast can, and probably does, spend more money on video games, the average 22 year old spends more than the average 40 year old. There are just far more 22 year olds playing games than 40 year olds.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 13, 2019, 06:02 RedEye9

Sepharo wrote on Nov 13, 2019, 02:53:
Ugh. What is the target market for this sort of thing? Definitely almost no one on Bluesnews, one would think. Defintely not most 'kids' who don't even have PCs these days, just tablets and phones, and a console maybe.

Hopefully this dies immediately, but clearly we are in the darkest timeline, and this will kill off gaming as we knew it.

I mean, you answered your question, no? Who is the market? People that don't even have PCs.

I'm not sure how you missed that, but yes, the market is people who want to play PC games but do not own a PC. Or people that travel frequently and want to be able to continue playing something while trapped in a hotel room with just their underpowered work laptop, or their iPad.

I wasn't thinking people would actually try to play games on a microscopic ipad screen, but hey people play games on their damn phones, so you're probably right. My comment was more that the phone/ipad demographic has zero interest in pc games, but Google has probably done a billion dollars worth of research and focus group testing, so I'm probably in the extreme minority who has no interest in this. The end is nigh, etc.

There's absolutely a market here. Is it a big one? Who knows? But it isn't us, you're right about that.

Which is fine. Lots of people here just mock everything not made for them as dumb or stupid. But we're all men in our 30s and beyond. Not much is made for us anymore. We're not a big spending demographic.
Actually we are. We're the ones with the money. Millennials and GenXers don't have cash.

Millennials ~ 24 - 39 years old
GenXers ~ 40 - 55 years old

It's weird to me that there are still people who don't know this.
It's even weirder that people do.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

24. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 13, 2019, 02:53 Sepharo

Millennials ~ 24 - 39 years old
GenXers ~ 40 - 55 years old

It's weird to me that there are still people who don't know this.

23. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 13, 2019, 02:31 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

22. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 17:17 Xero

I wonder if you play MK11 multi-player online if you'll get double lag. One for the first output of using the service and then another for the standard lag you get when playing online.That slight delay should definitely give you a disadvantage.  

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Trine 4

21. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 10:54 Xero

El Pit wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 03:19:
So, you pay for the service and seperately for each game? Well, at least you don't have to pay a monthly fee for using GOG, Steam, UPlay, Origin, Epic, and all the others... YET.

Wait, you mean, after I've bought over 4 grand in games from Steam, they're going to hold them hostage unless I pay them a monthly fee?

Yeah, I don't think that'll ever sit well. Forget the legal technicalities, Valve better be ready for the horde that will invade their office in arms.

I can't imagine that ever a thing because Steam is just a store ultimately. It's a method to purchase your games online and have them in a neat library. They are already making the $$$ there. Them adding some type of monthly user fee without adding increased benefits (Amazon Prime), would be the death of them.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Trine 4

20. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 10:48 Beamer

-------------

19. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 10:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

18. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 10:19 Beamer

-------------

17. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 10:13 Reactor

I live in Australia, so...  

16. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 09:23 jacobvandy

Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 07:04:
Xero wrote on Nov 11, 2019, 21:46:
I don't see how they can ever get around that.
They claim they want to use AI to predict your actions and thus lower the latency.
They call it "negative lag".
I call it bull shit.

So like aim assist, but for every input in the game... Yeah, that would go over well.

15. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 07:04 Muscular Beaver

Xero wrote on Nov 11, 2019, 21:46:
I don't see how they can ever get around that.
They claim they want to use AI to predict your actions and thus lower the latency.
They call it "negative lag".
I call it bull shit.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

14. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 05:10 Soulburner

If this would let me sync my Steam library, then it would be interesting. Otherwise, I'm not going to buy a full priced game *again* just to see if it runs fine on my 7 year Thinkpad.  

13. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 05:00 Dacron

Total-Khaos wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 00:19:
So, uh...genuine question. Is this the PC version of RDR2? If so, how does a service like this handle game crashes and things of that nature? Do you just get kicked back to the main screen for the app and can immediately start another session?

FWIW I've had 1 crash (sitting on top of an oil wagon when it went boom.) In 16 hours of RDR2. Wouldn't be a big concern to me.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

12. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 03:43 licensedsaucer9

I almost went for the founders edition, but I decided to skip it, and I think I made the right decision.

It seems google doesn't understand their own product. They are selling it as some kind of budget xbox when it really is the perfect platform (assuming it works on a tecnical level) for games as a service. Now they are selling inferior HW as a service? That does not work for me.

They need to up the offering. For exeample if they make all games free to play for an hour+ they would have at least one compelling argument. Integration with other platforms and importing licenses people already own should also be considered a minimum in my opinion. I have most of the games on this list that I want.

So, I guess they don't want us as customers, but I don't see how they offer much value to "console kids" either.

11. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 03:26 1badmf

Bill Borre wrote on Nov 11, 2019, 21:01:
This doesn't work from the desktop at launch right? If I read their article correctly I can't just go to a stadia website like I can go to steampowered and buy a game. In order to use the service at launch I need to buy one of their controllers which will be mailed to me along with an access code.

it supports other controllers. i played project stream on an old xbox 360 controller. honestly any controller taht works in windows. all you need to do is sign up for the service and get the app.

10. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 03:24 1badmf

Total-Khaos wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 00:19:
So, uh...genuine question. Is this the PC version of RDR2? If so, how does a service like this handle game crashes and things of that nature? Do you just get kicked back to the main screen for the app and can immediately start another session?

good question. i would think it'd restart the game and you're forced to load a save like any other crash. i also beta tested project stream and it never once crashed on me.

i dunno about the other guy above, but my experience was vastly different. on a 70Mbit connection, i could not tell the difference between Stream and the download version i got for free later. there were a few lag spikes that caused it to pixelate but that was super rare. i also never noticed any input lag; this from someone who used to consistently score near the top of the leaderboards in action games like quake and call of duty. the only downside for me was that it was limited to 1080p. i dunno if they've changed that, but if they have, honestly 5/5 recommend for me. especially if you don't have a beefy gaming rig. excellent alternative to droping $1K on a beefy new gaming rig.

9. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 03:19 El Pit

So, you pay for the service and seperately for each game? Well, at least you don't have to pay a monthly fee for using GOG, Steam, UPlay, Origin, Epic, and all the others... YET.  

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

8. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 00:19 Total-Khaos

7. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 11, 2019, 23:48 Steele Johnson

It could become extremely attractive to developers because there’s no way to pirate (or make it really difficult). And also make consoles, native mobile games, and high cost consumer graphics cards obsolete.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >