Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 10, 2019, 16:48 jdreyer

Drath71 wrote on Nov 10, 2019, 10:15:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 21:58:
Pretty much. There was no way big tobacco was going to miss out on a new nicotine delivery system...

Big Tobacco will be a joke compared to Big Pot, seeing as how it's a miracle drug, great for your lungs, and we can't show how progressive and smart we are by legalizing it everywhere!!

Well the next step will be to make it kid friendly.

Try Maui Wowie Kit Kat and Indu Kush M & Ms!

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 10, 2019, 10:23 RedEye9

Drath71 wrote on Nov 10, 2019, 10:15:
Pretty much. There was no way big tobacco was going to miss out on a new nicotine delivery system...

Big Tobacco will be a joke compared to Big Pot, seeing as how it's a miracle drug, great for your lungs, and we can't show how progressive and smart we are by legalizing it everywhere!!
Don't despair daddy-o.
Big big large huge tobacco cancer is also buying up Ganja makers so they won't be left out of your conspiracy against dat sticky icky icky Poo We.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

31. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 10, 2019, 10:15 Drath71

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2019, 07:18 MrBone

This show has been garbage from about episode 6 from the first season. The second season was a steaming pile.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2019, 00:11 jdreyer

PortugueseGeese Comics on Instagram.

Untitled Goose Comic

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

28. Re: We Happy Few Delay; Refunds Nov 10, 2019, 00:09 jdreyer

Caladell wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 23:23:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 13:46:
It's been a few days since the new Blues News went live. What do you think now?

Looks good, but I've been having a minor issue. If I click into comments, and then go back (either using my mouse back button or click the browser's back button) the site goes to Sunday, Oct 27, 2019. Very odd. Using the latest version of Firefox.

You should clear your cookies, log in, and try again.

27. Re: We Happy Few Delay; Refunds Nov 9, 2019, 23:23 Caladell

Kxmode wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 13:46:
It's been a few days since the new Blues News went live. What do you think now?

Looks good, but I've been having a minor issue. If I click into comments, and then go back (either using my mouse back button or click the browser's back button) the site goes to Sunday, Oct 27, 2019. Very odd. Using the latest version of Firefox.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2019, 21:58 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

25. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2019, 20:55 RedEye9

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 20:44:
NKD wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 20:42:
Never been a vaper (or tobacco smoker) myself, but I have to imagine a lot of the anti-vaping hysteria is being funded by Big Cancer.
Nah, they have their money in all the vaping products. From Juul's wiki page: "Altria Group (formerly Philip Morris Companies), acquired a 35% stake in Juul Labs for $12.8 billion on December 20, 2018"
All Your Cancer R Belong To Us

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

24. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2019, 20:44 Mr. Tact

NKD wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 20:42:
Never been a vaper (or tobacco smoker) myself, but I have to imagine a lot of the anti-vaping hysteria is being funded by Big Cancer.
Nah, they have their money in all the vaping products. From Juul's wiki page: "Altria Group (formerly Philip Morris Companies), acquired a 35% stake in Juul Labs for $12.8 billion on December 20, 2018"

23. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2019, 20:42 NKD

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

22. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2019, 20:23 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 20:07:
Prez wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 18:59:
About that vaping story...

It kind of bothers me that the entire nation is up in arms over vaping when the illnesses seem to be caused by people lacing their juice with harmful ingredients while cigarette makers are they themselves lacing cigarettes with all kinds of toxins, yet comparatively very little noise is made. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the big tobacco lobby is pushing lawmakers to crack down on the far less harmful alternative to big tobacco's poison. Follow the money, as they say.
The big vape company (JUUL) has been around for a couple of years but none of the deaths or illness has been related to their products. Only illegal aftermarket pens used for the devils jazz cabbage which have vitamin E acetate have been linked to health problems.
I'm not saying they (JUUL) sells health food in a vapor, but their products are not causing a noticeable increase in illness much less death.

IIRC, properly produced vaping products are less dangerous than tobacco.

21. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2019, 20:07 RedEye9

Prez wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 18:59:

It kind of bothers me that the entire nation is up in arms over vaping when the illnesses seem to be caused by people lacing their juice with harmful ingredients while cigarette makers are they themselves lacing cigarettes with all kinds of toxins, yet comparatively very little noise is made. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the big tobacco lobby is pushing lawmakers to crack down on the far less harmful alternative to big tobacco's poison. Follow the money, as they say.
The big vape company (JUUL) has been around for a couple of years but none of the deaths or illness has been related to their products. Only illegal aftermarket pens used for the devils jazz cabbage which have vitamin E acetate have been linked to health problems.
I'm not saying they (JUUL) sells health food in a vapor, but their products are not causing a noticeable increase in illness much less death.

20. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2019, 18:59 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2019, 16:40 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 15:42:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 14:08:
A tiny pharmacy is identifying big problems with common drugs, including Zantac.

I went and registered with these guys after hearing about them on Peter Attia's podcast. I really appreciate what they are trying to do, but man were they expensive.

My prescription 3 mos with insurance: $12
My prescription 3 mos w/o insurance: $30
Valisure 3 months w/o insurance: $289

The vast majority of generics are made in India and China far from the prying eyes of the FDA. That's a huge concern.
I hope it varies based on the meds because nearly a 10x cost reduces the usefulness. I mean, I would need some pricing in advance to know if it was a price I could afford...

But yeah, we need someone watching this more closely.

Do they offer Zantac in a horse tranquilizer dose? Might be able to get a bulk discount. Asking for a friend.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2019, 15:42 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 14:08:
A tiny pharmacy is identifying big problems with common drugs, including Zantac.

I went and registered with these guys after hearing about them on Peter Attia's podcast. I really appreciate what they are trying to do, but man were they expensive.

The vast majority of generics are made in India and China far from the prying eyes of the FDA. That's a huge concern.
I hope it varies based on the meds because nearly a 10x cost reduces the usefulness. I mean, I would need some pricing in advance to know if it was a price I could afford...

But yeah, we need someone watching this more closely.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2019, 14:23 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 14:02:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 13:57:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 13:20:
Today is Aaron Swartz Day.

Thanks for reminding us of the incredible prosecutorial overreach that resulted in Aaron's death. Threatened with 50 years of prison for making some documents public.

Speaking of injustice:

White man forces black man to work for no pay for 17 years, issues regular beatings: 10 years prison.

Black man arrested for possessing a small amount of illegal drugs, prescription pills and a firearm: 12 years prison.

Same prosecutor.

Sounds like a real Swartzkoff. I don't know what that means, it just sounds like a good poke!

Use the schwartz!

It looks like a Schwartz Off!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2019, 14:10 jdreyer

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 14:05:
Watched the first season, and really really wanted to like it. However I find the damn show pretentious, confusing, and full of plot twists and hooks left to be resolved at some "further point" that I gave up in disgust despite some riveting performances by the cast and the premise of the show which is intriguing BEWBS.

FTFY.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2019, 14:08 jdreyer

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2019, 14:05 VaranDragon

Watched the first season, and really really wanted to like it. However I find the damn show pretentious, confusing, and full of plot twists and hooks left to be resolved at some "further point" that I gave up in disgust despite some riveting performances by the cast and the premise of the show which is intriguing.

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >