Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Morning Multiplex

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Multiplex - Diablo IV Nov 9, 2019, 08:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Jonjonz wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 06:31:
Looks completely soft-focus, drab and washed out, yuk, eye candy it is not.

Definitely looks more like the early levels of PoE than Diablo 3, that will probably please their most rabid and outspoken D3 critics, unfortunately.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Multiplex - Diablo IV Nov 9, 2019, 07:40 VaranDragon

There are a lot of feedback videos from blizzcon atendees on the D4 (demo). A lot of them are scared that D4 will just continue the infinite treadmill system of D3, which is scarier then the Butcher from D1 when you first encountered him.

So far the devs seem to have nailed the graphics and atmosphere. I hope they listen to some of that feedback, a lot of it is really insightful.

4. Re: Morning Multiplex - Diablo IV Nov 9, 2019, 06:31 Jonjonz

Looks completely soft-focus, drab and washed out, yuk, eye candy it is not.  

"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

3. Re: Morning Multiplex Nov 8, 2019, 19:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, somewhat interesting, but I think we're still so far (multiple years) from a D4 release that all these gameplay videos are bound to change drastically before we can play anything.

2. Re: Morning Multiplex Nov 8, 2019, 14:08 jacobvandy

Yeah, I saw they specifically mentioned wanting to keep the effects toned down to keep it in line with the overall darker, gritty tone. A lot of people bitched about that in D3, like bright colors offended them on a deeply personal level, but even in terms of visibility of the battlefield it was getting pretty nuts. The wizard alone had an arsenal of glowing circles and giant meteors crashing down, but then you play co-op with a necro and a witch doctor, holy shit... Turning on enemy health bars was required just to know whether or not there were any targets left on-screen.  

1. Re: Morning Multiplex Nov 8, 2019, 13:32 Xero

The effects in D4 appear to have been dialed down a bit from D3. I'm actually thinking I like that more because D3 became a cluster f**k with everything firing off everywhere that you would practically lose tracking of where your character was.

It also adds to the gloomy look where the effects appear simplified similar to D1 even. Rather than glorifying the magic or abilities, it keeps them honest. Kind of how The Witcher gave off it's magic effects. They were mostly subtle but kept a realistic look about them within the world.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Trine 4

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >