Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

American Truck Simulator - Utah Rolls Out with Free Weekend

American Truck Simulator - Utah is now available for Windows, macOS, and Linux on Steam, adding new content set in the Beehive State to American Truck Simulator. This comes along with the chance to take the game on a test drive with a free weekend that runs between now and Monday. Here's a trailer along with word on how this can help you become a mean mother trucker:
FREE BEE
Getting into Utah soon will get players a nice little gift too - a Bee cabin toy to accompany them on their travels! We'll publish the "how to get the bee" guide shortly, but we're going to leave a few days to those curious souls willing to find a way to get the Bee by themselves!

ABOUT ATS: UTAH
Welcome to "Beehive" State Utah. Visit the great Salt Lake City, tourist-favorite Moab or historic St. George cities and see how rich the local architecture and lifestyle are. Venture into crude-oil digging sites in remote areas away from the urban noise and enjoy the challenges hauling crude oil has to offer!

A completely new approach to creation of rock and other natural formations. Our tool and asset library has been vastly improved in this regard and offers best-to-date representation of real references. Expansion of existing industries via new company docks or cargoes. You can look forward to visiting agricultural stores, improved car dealers, a new feed mill, heavy machinery service or a set of new warehouses!

MAIN FEATURES

• 3.500 miles of road network
  • 10 major cities (Salt Lake City, St. George, Moab)
  • New quarries and mines including the largest open excavation Kennecott Copper Mine
  • Expanded oil industry (oil mining sites, oil storage sites)
  • Improved agriculture production chain (country stores, feedmills)
  • Famous landmark sites: Great Salt Lake, Monument Valley, Virgin River Canyon
  • Over 260 recognizable natural and man-made landmarks
  • 12 well-known truck stops
  • New and improved process of landscape creation
  • Utah achievements to unlock

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: American Truck Simulator - Utah Rolls Out with Free Weekend Nov 8, 2019, 16:05 MeanJim

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 20:25:
Still no weather events and no roadside events.... I love these kind of games, but I just want more depth in the simulation. Beyond the derpy AI cars.

What are you talking about exactly? There are random roadside events, like crashes, traffic stops, construction, lane closures, and the road closures that make you find a detour.

Weather events? There's a slider to adjust the chance of bad weather. It's only rain and thunderstorms though. If you're talking about seasons, then yeah, I agree. But how would it be done? Would the seasons go on in-game time or based on real world seasons?

MeanJim on Steam
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: American Truck Simulator - Utah Rolls Out with Free Weekend Nov 8, 2019, 08:45 MattyC

Wow, truck driving and Utah! If they add in some ‘Tax Time receipt based deductions’ DLC, this game will be unstoppable...  

"I'm Troy McClure, and I'll leave you with what we all came here to see: Hardcore nudity!"

4. Re: AO Tennis 2 in January Nov 8, 2019, 03:42 Kxmode

Still no weather events and no roadside events.... I love these kind of games, but I just want more depth in the simulation. Beyond the derpy AI cars.

In 2017, they did a roadside event that tied to a real-life event. Operation Big-Sur was based on the landslide that closed Highway 1, and the road would remain close in-game until it was reopened in the real world.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

3. Re: American Truck Simulator - Utah Rolls Out with Free Weekend Nov 7, 2019, 23:45 BIGtrouble77

Microsoft needs to take their maps data an do to this genre what they are doing to flight sims. I feel like ATS spends all of their time on building out map DLCs and can't be bothered to add any meaningful flavor or mechanics.  

2. Re: American Truck Simulator - Utah Rolls Out with Free Weekend Nov 7, 2019, 22:46 Cutter

Exactly. This an ETS2 are good in small doses but they'd be great if they had actual seasons and corresponding weather. I know there are some mods but I'd like to see that professional done. Driving around Europe in Fall and Winter? Nice.

1. Re: American Truck Simulator - Utah Rolls Out with Free Weekend Nov 7, 2019, 20:25 eRe4s3r

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >