Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2019, 19:47 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 14:54:
Ghost raises $63.7 million to develop an aftermarket kit that gives cars self-driving capabilities.

I'm thinking that autonomous driving is probably something that needs to be built in from the start, not bolted on.

Why is that? I wouldn't think it's any different as long as all the appropriate sensors are in place. It just won't look as clean, like a self-built PC next to a Mac. Plus these guys are focusing on the relatively simple and monotonous task of highway driving only.

Converter kits are gonna need to be made available if the shift to autonomous driving is going to happen any time soon. Loads of people still putt around in cars 20+ years old, the type who definitely won't be rushing out to buy a brand spanking new self-driving whatever.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2019, 14:54 jdreyer

Ghost raises $63.7 million to develop an aftermarket kit that gives cars self-driving capabilities.

I'm thinking that autonomous driving is probably something that needs to be built in from the start, not bolted on.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2019, 12:30 Cutter

They've been using agricultural drones in China for years now. Pretty wild watching them work. The future is now.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >