Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

21. Re: etc. Nov 7, 2019, 17:59  RedEye9 

WaltC wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 17:48:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 16:28:
On a list of the worse things, a congressman shaming Blizzard for Letting Nazis Run Wild in 'World of Warcraft' is near the top. And by worse, I mean facepalm-wrong on so many levels.

Yep, No one but a (D) these days--they see Russians under every bed, Nazis and white supremacists running wild in computer games--these people are extremely sick in the head, imo...;) They've come to believe their own propaganda...!
So neither one of you bothered to read the article.
typical

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: etc. Nov 7, 2019, 17:48 WaltC

Kxmode wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 16:28:
On a list of the worse things, a congressman shaming Blizzard for Letting Nazis Run Wild in 'World of Warcraft' is near the top. And by worse, I mean facepalm-wrong on so many levels.

Yep, No one but a (D) these days--they see Russians under every bed, Nazis and white supremacists running wild in computer games--these people are extremely sick in the head, imo...;) They've come to believe their own propaganda...!

It is well known universally that I do not make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in that which I have written, please be assured that *I* did not write it!...:)

19. Re: etc. Nov 7, 2019, 16:28  Kxmode 

18. Re: etc. Nov 7, 2019, 15:50  Cram 

Verno wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 15:08:
I saw a 2.2GB patch pop earlier but I didn't have a chance to look at the release notes. I doubt it has the i5 fix so soon though but they did say they were working on it, hope its fixed soon for you Cram.

Cheers Verno,

Grabbed it last night - no go on a fix as you said you doubt there was one.

Not a worry. Made the mistake of actually pre-ordering something, which I knew was stupid but I, for some reason, thought Rockstar would have figured out how to do something competently for once.

17. Re: etc. Nov 7, 2019, 15:08 Verno

I saw a 2.2GB patch pop earlier but I didn't have a chance to look at the release notes. I doubt it has the i5 fix so soon though but they did say they were working on it, hope its fixed soon for you Cram.  

Playing: Days Gone
Watching: Altered Carbon

16. Re: etc. Nov 7, 2019, 14:49  Cram 

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 13:31:
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC System Requirements
Minimum Specifications:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K

I seriously doubt there is an issue with the i5. More likely people trying to run ULTRA settings on a machine that barely meets the minimum specs.

No. Gamers Nexus Video on CPU comparison for RDR2. A 2600k absolutely destroys a 7600k. It's not even close. The port is broken for I5s.

I am trying to run my 6600k @4.5 with a mix of mostly high settings and a couple mediums, it's unplayable. The .1% lows destroy the whole thing. Steve clearly demonstrates what I5's are going through in the video. It's not a stutter, it's 3-6 SECOND complete stalls of the entire computer, frequently.

15. Re: RDR2 PC Port Nov 7, 2019, 13:47 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 13:32:
Cram wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 12:26:
As it is though, the game is completely unplayable and I have no idea how it launched this way.
Rockstar is a pretty small studio . No resources to test niche hardware providers like Intel and Nvidia.

Rotfl

14. Re: etc. Nov 7, 2019, 13:35 Verno

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 13:31:
I seriously doubt there is an issue with the i5. More likely people trying to run ULTRA settings on a machine that barely meets the minimum specs.

I know you just want to argue because you saw my username on a post but they already acknowledged there was a problem and that a patch is coming to fix the freezing/stuttering on Intel i5s. Rockstar has a long history of technical issues with their PC ports so this shouldn't be a surprise quite frankly.

Rockstar is a pretty small studio . No resources to test niche hardware providers like Intel and Nvidia.

Haha indeed.

13. Re: RDR2 PC Port Nov 7, 2019, 13:32  jdreyer 

As it is though, the game is completely unplayable and I have no idea how it launched this way.

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

12. Re: etc. Nov 7, 2019, 13:31  RedEye9 

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC System Requirements
Minimum Specifications:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K

Vaccines Cause Immunity

11. Re: RDR2 PC Port Nov 7, 2019, 13:14 Verno

Dealing with the exact same issues as the writer of the article on a 6600k/2080S

Browsed the reddit, there seem to be some work arounds that aren't difficult to implement (playing the with affinity of the cores & actually completely disabling cores for the exe file). Can't really be bothered, a bit too busy anyway this week so I'll wait.

I don't know, do you remember GTA IV at launch? GTA V had some problems too. Rockstar and their PC ports have been a mixed bag at best.

Overall its been more than playable for me with a 3900X/1080ti but obviously they have a lot of work to do. I still can't believe they didn't do optimization testing for fucking Intel i5s haha.

10. Re: etc. Nov 7, 2019, 12:53  Beamer 

Rectal Prolapse wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 12:52:
Moral panic over Nazis? *grabs popcorn*

Would you say a concern over Nazis and white supremacists is irrational?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9. Re: etc. Nov 7, 2019, 12:52  Rectal Prolapse 

Moral panic over Nazis? *grabs popcorn*  

8. Re: etc. Nov 7, 2019, 12:35  Beamer 

These guys constantly claim they're not Nazis, but tend to post here solely to defend Nazis.  

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

7. Re: etc. Nov 7, 2019, 12:30  RedEye9 

It's sickening that far-right extremists are infiltrating online platforms and video games, they are second only to ISIS/ISIL terrorist groups in recruiting young vulnerable minds.

That shit needs to be banned from video games.

Vaccines Cause Immunity

6. Re: etc. Nov 7, 2019, 12:27 Nullity

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 12:23:
It is called free speech. With that said, he should mind his own business. Let me guess, a power hungry Liberal?
Found another one. Man, Trump really made a lot of you feel like you could crawl out from under your rocks, eh?

5. RDR2 PC Port Nov 7, 2019, 12:26  Cram 

Dealing with the exact same issues as the writer of the article on a 6600k/2080S

Browsed the reddit, there seem to be some work arounds that aren't difficult to implement (playing the with affinity of the cores & actually completely disabling cores for the exe file). Can't really be bothered, a bit too busy anyway this week so I'll wait.

4. Re: etc. Nov 7, 2019, 12:25 Nullity

Joyride wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 11:29:
Oh hey a democrat finds something racist, that never happens! Oh wait, a day doesn't go by without the left and their identity politics.
Oh hey, another racist defending nazis... again.

WTF is even happening anymore, seriously?

3. Re: Op Ed Nov 7, 2019, 12:24 LibertyOrDeath

Joyride wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 11:29:
Oh hey a democrat finds something racist, that never happens! Oh wait, a day doesn't go by without the left and their identity politics.

Well said...

2. Re: Op Ed Nov 7, 2019, 12:23 LibertyOrDeath

It is called free speech. With that said, he should mind his own business. Let me guess, a power hungry Liberal?  

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >