Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

Thank you for the feedback so far on the responsive redesign. Some changes now are live based on some of your comments, including a cap on how wide the menu bar stretches and a change to how indenting is handled in the forums. We are still watching the comments, so please feel free to continue to leave feedback in this thread.

Stretched Links: Thanks Ant.
Stories: Chris Evans and others upset about James Dean CGI casting.
How food companies use packaging to fool you into thinking an item is healthful. Thanks RedEye9.
Facing shorter holiday season, U.S. retailers rev up faster delivery, early deals.
Science: Mammals' complex spines are linked to high metabolisms; we're learning how they evolved.
So, You Cleaned Your Apartment. Get Ready For A Fungi Boom.
Mercury transit is coming Monday and it won't happen again until 2032.
NASA opens Moon rock samples sealed for more than 40 years.
Media: Soul - Official Teaser Trailer.
HBO Unveils Its Official 2020 Promo Trailer.
Mugging a Goose.
Follow-up: CRISPR To Fight Cancer Looks 'Promising' In 1st Safety Test.
View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2019, 22:06 1badmf

can't tell if you guys increased the font size or just changed to something more readable, but either way the site is approximately 100% more readable on my 34" ultrawide. great work!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2019, 16:42 Kxmode

Pick up Planet Zoo last night. It's rough and unoptimized in areas*, but what an amazing game it is. If I had this game as a kid, I would be so happy. I mean I am now, but I can see my younger self going nuts for it.

*on my 8800/2080Ti/32GB RAM setup, I experience unusual lag

one of my recently born bengal tiger cubs being playful https://youtu.be/EXX_tYbd7Dc

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2019, 15:25 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 14:49:
Mugging a Goose.

Untitled Goose Mugging?

Duck Duck Loose!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2019, 14:49 jdreyer

Mugging a Goose.

Untitled Goose Mugging?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2019, 13:27 Xil

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 11:30:
Xil wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 10:47:
Little issues with fhe site, just unable to zoom in anymore using firefox on my tablet, its an old age dont want to use my glasses thing
Try this fix in FireFox.
Under the Hamburger Menu, Settings, Accessibility: check "Always enable zoom".

Fixed zooming for me in both firefox and google chrome on my mobile devices.

Briliant, thank you redeye

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2019, 12:58 Cutter

Has anyone figured out how to display the weather in RDR2 yet? Searched for it and the only info is about how to do it with a controller.

Holy shit was that getting drunk at the saloon with Lenny ever funny. I was laughing my ass off through that. Such great little touches like even misspelling the visual cues. Getting chased by the lawmen, "I'm an American!" Hahaha!

At the very least, make a habit of turning a package over to read its ingredient list and nutrition facts before adding it to your cart.

Derp! I don't know about the US but Canadians are label readers by and large. Almost always you see people here flipping a package over to read the label. More concerning is the packaging itself. So much of it is wasteful and non-recyclable. Beyond that, if it's processed, and it doesn't matter how healthy the processed ingredients are, you're getting the absolute minimal nutritional value from it. Still I never see a shortage of people who live on crap. When I'm looking over what a lot of other people are buying I'm always asking myself "How do you live on that crap?" It's particularly sad when you see older men and they've just got a basket load of frozen dinners. Jesus, learn to cook already.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2019, 12:02 Beamer

ldonyo wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 11:51:
Shorter holiday season? No retailer starts their holiday season on Black Friday in November anymore. Christmas crap has been out since mid-October at Walmart and the dollar stores and is out in full force almost everywhere now. How is that a shorter season?

It's not about when retailers put things out, but about when consumers start acting. Even just from a consumer perspective, it will feel shorter, totally ignoring retail implications.

Trust me, this is something I'm dealing with every day. With less time between Black Friday and Christmas, some brands are flat-out panicking. It shouldn't be a huge deal, people tend to buy what they feel they should, not what they have time for, but brands and retailers still seem panicked. Particularly ones that have had a shitty year, and the ones (there are many) that do 40%-60% of their entire year in that month.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2019, 11:55 Pigeon

As mentioned before, mobile experience is 300% better by measure of the PAMS(Pigeon's Arbitrary Measurement Scale). The side bars seemed excessively large on my 1440p monitor, though currently looking good on my laptop (1080). Nice work guys.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2019, 11:51 ldonyo

Shorter holiday season? No retailer starts their holiday season on Black Friday in November anymore. Christmas crap has been out since mid-October at Walmart and the dollar stores and is out in full force almost everywhere now. How is that a shorter season?  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2019, 11:30 RedEye9

Xil wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 10:47:
Little issues with fhe site, just unable to zoom in anymore using firefox on my tablet, its an old age dont want to use my glasses thing
Try this fix in FireFox.
Under the Hamburger Menu, Settings, Accessibility: check "Always enable zoom".

Fixed zooming for me in both firefox and google chrome on my mobile devices.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2019, 11:09 Necrophob

Loving the new design! Glad it isn't a total departure. Feels cleaner.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2019, 11:02 Darks

Looking a bit better blues, but he white text is still off a bit the yellow text is looking much better.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2019, 10:47 Xil

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >