Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Pro Fortnite Player Banned

Jarvis Kaye, a pro gamer with Faze Clan has received a lifetime ban from Fortnite for cheating using an aimbot in Epic's battle royale game. Kaye posted this video to apologize to his nearly two million subscribers for his actions and to explain he uploaded videos of his cheating because he thought people would find them interesting and entertaining, not realizing that doing so would draw a ban, since this did not involve competitive matches. The comments to his video are divided between those who feel his punishment is justified and those who disagree. Thanks Blasting News.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

37. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 5, 2019, 15:55 Kxmode

MeanJim wrote on Nov 5, 2019, 15:33:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 5, 2019, 13:52:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 15:27:
Surprised that no has protested that Epic is violating his "First Amendment rights."

I'm pretty sure most know cheating isn't a first amendment right. People aren't that stupid.

Never underestimate stupid people.

This is true.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 ó Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 5, 2019, 15:33 MeanJim

Kxmode wrote on Nov 5, 2019, 13:52:
Surprised that no has protested that Epic is violating his "First Amendment rights."

I'm pretty sure most know cheating isn't a first amendment right. People aren't that stupid.

Never underestimate stupid people.

MeanJim on Steam

35. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Nov 5, 2019, 13:55 Kxmode

Flatline wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 17:47:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 13:31:
Dude, you just kicked yourself off the easy life boat. Welcome to the swim or sink option most of us have...

If I found out he got kicked out of professional gaming for cheating I wouldn't hire his ass to do much more than a mop job.

"It says here on your resume that you were a big time pro streamer and pro Fortnite player. Is this correct?"
"Yes."
"Interesting. So why are you here today? Why aren't you doing that?"
"I was banned from Fortnite for cheating."
"Really? Hmmmm.... well, I don't think we want someone like you working the registers here at McDonalds. Perhaps you can clean the parking lot."

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 ó Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

34. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 5, 2019, 13:52 Kxmode

33. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 22:26 MeanJim

phinn wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 16:01:
You're talking about a pretty rigorously invasive tool to do that "lockdown" with. I mean, that's going to be more invasive than any of the DRMs we've seen in the past.

Yes I absolutely am talking something invasive. I'm talking something system-wide that puts Win10 into lock-down to play online games so that it's fair. Cheating is ruining the industry right now every competitive game people are flying around aimbotting and seeing through walls in every game. Your almost forced to console at this point. I'm talking about something as invasive a possible that suspends all other running tasks during "game mode" and then releases it after. I would love something like that at this point.

Why should an operating system give a shit about about cheating in games? The game developers need to make it so you can't cheat in games, not the operating system.

MeanJim on Steam

32. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Nov 4, 2019, 21:18 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 19:56:
500k for 10k viewers? That sounds very wrong. Regardless the kids making an assload of money for playing a game, so yeah I'd be crying too. A rather expensive life lesson. Hopefully he's got his money invested or he'll end up flipping burgers before too long. I'm thinking someone this dumb...enh, fast food is probably his future now.
If I understand it correctly Twitch creators get the largest portion of their money from subscriber fees. He'd probably need less than 500k Twitch subscribers to get $500k a year.

Then again, I wouldn't be shocked to find out my information is wrong by a large margin...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

31. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Nov 4, 2019, 20:46 jacobvandy

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 19:56:
Flatline wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 17:53:
HoSpanky wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 16:51:
I donít know how much ad revenue 2 million viewers gets you, but he was probably making a surprisingly good amount of money. Heís now thrown away. He had a posh job and was too stupid to hold onto it.

10,000 concurrent viewers on twitch nets you around half a million dollars a year. 2 million subscribers on youtube works to I've read around 15k a month.

Motherfucker has probably already made more money playing fortnite than I will in an entire successful career in IT.

500k for 10k viewers? That sounds very wrong. Regardless the kids making an assload of money for playing a game, so yeah I'd be crying too. A rather expensive life lesson. Hopefully he's got his money invested or he'll end up flipping burgers before too long. I'm thinking someone this dumb...enh, fast food is probably his future now.

I would assume you need to maintain those 10k viewers for something like 12 hours a day, almost every day for it to be worth anything. Livestream announcements from publishers get hundreds of thousands of simultaneous viewers, but it's for so short a time and mostly from people who don't ever visit the site otherwise, I don't think they get shit for it.

30. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 20:04 Cram

Only surprise, for me, would be if Epic stands their ground and actually keeps him perma-banned for life.

29. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Nov 4, 2019, 19:56 Cutter

Flatline wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 17:53:
I donít know how much ad revenue 2 million viewers gets you, but he was probably making a surprisingly good amount of money. Heís now thrown away. He had a posh job and was too stupid to hold onto it.

10,000 concurrent viewers on twitch nets you around half a million dollars a year. 2 million subscribers on youtube works to I've read around 15k a month.

Motherfucker has probably already made more money playing fortnite than I will in an entire successful career in IT.

28. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 19:48 Xero

Rofl, this day in age, crying like a biaaatch online because you've been banned in a game. Geezous. We are getting soft here boys.  

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Trine 4

27. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Nov 4, 2019, 19:28 ColoradoHoudini

He knowingly cheated and then posted a video of it?
Ahh, okay dumbass.

Also - if he was playing with a cheat enabled, and he wasnt getting caught before, what's that tell you about the game overall?

26. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Nov 4, 2019, 17:53 Flatline

25. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Nov 4, 2019, 17:47 Flatline

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 13:31:
Dude, you just kicked yourself off the easy life boat. Welcome to the swim or sink option most of us have...

If I found out he got kicked out of professional gaming for cheating I wouldn't hire his ass to do much more than a mop job.

24. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 16:51 HoSpanky

He somehow didnít notice that Epic is currently in a lawsuit against a kid for cheating? I thought these kids were supposedly more aware of the gaming world than adults...clearly not.

I donít feel bad for him. He cheated other players out of a fair game, and thatís what drives players to other games. Epic has to stem that flow, and this wasnít even some chump with a disposable account. I donít know how much ad revenue 2 million viewers gets you, but he was probably making a surprisingly good amount of money. Heís now thrown away. He had a posh job and was too stupid to hold onto it.

23. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 16:37 Prez

Ouch. I doubt that being banned will hurt as much as the mass exodus of viewers from his channel. Good riddance to cheating filth.  

ďThe greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.Ē
- Mahatma Gandhi

22. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 16:22 Creston

phinn wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 16:01:
You're talking about a pretty rigorously invasive tool to do that "lockdown" with. I mean, that's going to be more invasive than any of the DRMs we've seen in the past.

Yes I absolutely am talking something invasive. I'm talking something system-wide that puts Win10 into lock-down to play online games so that it's fair. Cheating is ruining the industry right now every competitive game people are flying around aimbotting and seeing through walls in every game. Your almost forced to console at this point. I'm talking about something as invasive a possible that suspends all other running tasks during "game mode" and then releases it after. I would love something like that at this point.

Okay... Like I said, as long as that shit is OPTIONAL, because it's never going to touch one of my PCs with a ten foot pole.

21. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 16:20 wrlwnd

Huh?

He's free to cry like a baby all he wants.

20. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 16:01 phinn

I'm sure Microsoft would love to introduce such a mode, available for certified games purchased through the Microsoft Store.

I highly doubt it, Microsoft has been much more open lately and there is so much money in the gaming industry now it practically demands it. It could be an open standard API just like Vulkan or whatever. We seriously need it at this point.

19. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 15:27 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

18. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 15:18 jdreyer

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 14:11:
Luke wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 13:15:
What a wimp , wahhhhhhhh

You know, while i find it funny I'd like to see your reaction if your career just up and told you you're not welcome and your livelihood was instantly stopped. Crying in this case, seems like a very natural reaction on how badly he messed up.

He's eating crow now.

Thanks for having some empathy.

I'm sure he didn't foresee this outcome, or he wouldn't have done it.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >