EA Games Returning to Steam

After a couple of teases, Electronic Arts and Valve Announce they have kissed and made up, and that EA games are returning to Steam, where you will also be able to buy EA Access Subscriptions. They kick things off by offering pre-purchases of STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order on Steam. Here are the details on their reconciliation:
Today, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) and Valve announced a partnership to put EA games into the hands of players on Steam. EA Access will launch on Steam next spring, giving players another place to subscribe to a great collection of EA games and member benefits on PC. The first new EA game launching on Steam will arrive on November 15, when the eagerly anticipated title, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™, debuts worldwide. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is available to pre-order on Steam beginning today.

“This is the start of an exciting partnership with Valve that will see us innovating for PC players around the world,” said Andrew Wilson, CEO of Electronic Arts. “Through our subscription, great games and more, we’re excited to bring players in the Steam and Origin communities together with access to the best games, whenever and wherever they want to play.”

“This is a good day for gamers,” said Valve’s Gabe Newell. “We’re excited to partner with EA to not only bring their great games and subscription service to Steam, but also to open up our communities to each other in an unprecedented way that will benefit players and developers around the world.”

EA Access will give subscribers access to a broad portfolio of EA games, valuable member benefits and discounts on full game purchases, expansions, in-game items and more. EA has been offering subscription services since 2014, and currently reaches players on the Xbox One, PlayStation®4 and Origin™ platforms.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™ - the new single player, third-person action adventure Star Wars™ game from Respawn and EA - launches to players worldwide on November 15, 2019. For more information on the game, visit https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi-fallen-order. To pre-order the game on Steam, visit https://store.steampowered.com/app/1172380.

In the coming months, players on Steam will be able to play other games such as The Sims™ 4 and Unravel™ 2. Multiplayer games like Apex Legends™, FIFA 20 and Battlefield™ V will become available next year, and players on Origin and Steam will have the ability to play together.
View : : :
91 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older

Re: EA Games Returning to Steam
Oct 29, 2019, 12:12
Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 12:12

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 10:56:
I wonder what the reason was to sell on Steam.
The fat man had to offer them a sweet sweet deal for them to come back. Probably correcting everything that caused them to leave in the first place and then some. lol

Pretty sure it was exactly the opposite.

Steam doesn't need EA, but EA definitely needs Steam.

Verno

Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 12:12
 Verno

The fat man had to offer them a sweet sweet deal for them to come back. Probably correcting everything that caused them to leave in the first place and then some. lol

Here's some tissue for those tears

Personally I don't really play many EA games anymore so it's more of a /shrug event.
Playing: Trials of Mana Remake, FF7R
Watching: Into the Light

Oct 29, 2019, 12:01
Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 12:01
Oct 29, 2019, 12:01

Explain to me, why am I bothering buying it on Steam, when I have to have Origin installed and running and an EA account? I might as well just get it through EA, and run it through Origin, since it has to run anyway.

Oct 29, 2019, 11:24
Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 11:24
Oct 29, 2019, 11:24

Kxmode wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 10:51:
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™ - the new single player, third-person action adventure Star Wars™ game from Respawn and EA - launches to players worldwide on November 15, 2019. For more information on the game, visit https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi-fallen-order. To pre-order the game on Steam, visit https://store.steampowered.com/app/1172380.

OH, WOW! Glad to see that'll be on Steam for launch day!

Why? Garbage game is still a garbage game regardless of platform.

Yep. Gabe's cock sucking mission was apparently successful and for EA their number one goal is obviously to advertise and sell their subscription as much as possible (it's almost scary how often they and Valve emphasize the sub service in this press release).

Oct 29, 2019, 11:16
Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 11:16
Oct 29, 2019, 11:16

I wonder if they'll be returning with any more of their extensive back catalog or is gog the only one who does the dosbox packaging thing?

Oct 29, 2019, 11:15
Kxmode

Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 11:15
Oct 29, 2019, 11:15
 Kxmode

EA likely realized with their image and brand being shot, their top-tier games not doing well on their platform, and their subscription service not taking off like they thought it would, making their catalog and sub service available on Steam helps them tap into the much larger Steam ecosystem (especially for big holiday sales events). Steam is a huge untapped market for EA.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Oct 29, 2019, 11:09
Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 11:09
Oct 29, 2019, 11:09

We'll never know most likely. Could be that Steam has just so many users that they want the exposure at the cost.

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Oct 29, 2019, 11:08
JTW
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2019, 11:08
Oct 29, 2019, 11:08
JTW

I wonder if they'll ever merge libraries. I also wonder how Access is going to work. Will the Access library end up split between two different platforms?

Oct 29, 2019, 11:01
Darks

Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 11:01
Oct 29, 2019, 11:01
 Darks

Kxmode wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 10:51:

Same here, was planing on getting this, but this is even better. Glad EA is going back to steam. good for them!
Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Oct 29, 2019, 10:56
Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 10:56
Oct 29, 2019, 10:56

“The time has come for us to move beyond seeing public health as the ax in the display case, where the sign says IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, BREAK GLASS.”
Pandemics don’t end because the economy is suffering and we want them to.

Oct 29, 2019, 10:51
Kxmode

Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 10:51
Oct 29, 2019, 10:51
 Kxmode

"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf
91 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older