Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

EA Games Returning to Steam

After a couple of teases, Electronic Arts and Valve Announce they have kissed and made up, and that EA games are returning to Steam, where you will also be able to buy EA Access Subscriptions. They kick things off by offering pre-purchases of STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order on Steam. Here are the details on their reconciliation:
Today, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) and Valve announced a partnership to put EA games into the hands of players on Steam. EA Access will launch on Steam next spring, giving players another place to subscribe to a great collection of EA games and member benefits on PC. The first new EA game launching on Steam will arrive on November 15, when the eagerly anticipated title, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™, debuts worldwide. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is available to pre-order on Steam beginning today.

“This is the start of an exciting partnership with Valve that will see us innovating for PC players around the world,” said Andrew Wilson, CEO of Electronic Arts. “Through our subscription, great games and more, we’re excited to bring players in the Steam and Origin communities together with access to the best games, whenever and wherever they want to play.”

“This is a good day for gamers,” said Valve’s Gabe Newell. “We’re excited to partner with EA to not only bring their great games and subscription service to Steam, but also to open up our communities to each other in an unprecedented way that will benefit players and developers around the world.”

EA Access will give subscribers access to a broad portfolio of EA games, valuable member benefits and discounts on full game purchases, expansions, in-game items and more. EA has been offering subscription services since 2014, and currently reaches players on the Xbox One, PlayStation®4 and Origin™ platforms.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™ - the new single player, third-person action adventure Star Wars™ game from Respawn and EA - launches to players worldwide on November 15, 2019. For more information on the game, visit https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi-fallen-order. To pre-order the game on Steam, visit https://store.steampowered.com/app/1172380.

In the coming months, players on Steam will be able to play other games such as The Sims™ 4 and Unravel™ 2. Multiplayer games like Apex Legends™, FIFA 20 and Battlefield™ V will become available next year, and players on Origin and Steam will have the ability to play together.
View
91 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

91. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 31, 2019, 20:02  Kxmode 

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 31, 2019, 19:47:
https://github.com/JosefNemec/Playnite
https://playnite.link/
https://www.launchbox-app.com/
https://gameroom.me/
https://photongamemanager.com/
https://lutris.net/ Lutris is Linux-only (thanks BoP)

Game library management alternatives.

Cool, thanks! I'll check those out. Still leaning towards GOG2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

90. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 31, 2019, 19:47  RedEye9 

https://github.com/JosefNemec/Playnite
https://playnite.link/

https://www.launchbox-app.com/

https://gameroom.me/

https://photongamemanager.com/

https://lutris.net/ Lutris is Linux-only (thanks BoP)

Game library management alternatives.

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene

89. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 31, 2019, 19:02  Kxmode 

Verno wrote on Oct 31, 2019, 09:58:
You can already do this with PlayNite which is also open source if you care about such things. It works pretty well but doesn't feel as slick as GOG 2.0 though. Frankly I used both for awhile and ended up just going back to the actual launchers themselves instead due to various annoyances.

Never heard of it. I'd rather wait for GOG2.

88. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 31, 2019, 09:58 Verno

You can already do this with PlayNite which is also open source if you care about such things. It works pretty well but doesn't feel as slick as GOG 2.0 though. Frankly I used both for awhile and ended up just going back to the actual launchers themselves instead due to various annoyances.  

Playing: Days Gone
Watching: Altered Carbon

87. Re: New Steam Library Launches Oct 31, 2019, 03:22  Kxmode 

Jivaro wrote on Oct 31, 2019, 00:15:
The solution to all of this is coming...and it's beautiful.

https://www.gog.com/news/gog_galaxy_20_closed_beta_is_now_live

"
What is GOG GALAXY 2.0 and why should I use it?

GOG GALAXY 2.0 is an application, thanks to which you’ll be able to combine multiple libraries into one and connect with your friends across all gaming platforms, consoles included. If your games and gaming buddies are scattered between different launchers and platforms, this is a solution for you! Keeping track of all achievements earned by you and your friends, hours played, and games owned across platforms has never been this easy. And the application is entirely free, all you need is a GOG account to use it.
"

YES! THAT'S AWESOME. That might be my solution to putting all my games in one library

Steam and Epic Game Store. Living together. Mass hysteria! Smash

86. Re: New Steam Library Launches Oct 31, 2019, 03:19  Kxmode 

Slick wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 23:39:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 16:03:
We want all our games on a single platform.

NO.

No we do not.

And if I may tempt fate here... FUUUUUUUUUUCK NO.

I don't want only one store to buy my music from.
I don't want only one store to buy my movies from.
I don't want only one store to buy mt TV from.
I don't want only one store to buy my books from.
I don't want only one store to buy my groceries from.
I don't want only one store to buy my computer parts from.
I don't want only one store to buy my car from.
I don't want only one store to buy my electronics from.
I don't want only one store to buy ANYTHING from.

Competition is good, and monopolies are illegal for a reason.

And can I point out the FUUUUUUUUUUCKING obvious here? We are ALREADY all on the same platform! It's called the personal motherfucking computer. How you arrange your files on it is up to you. You can create shortcuts for any game from any launcher and throw them in whatever file folder system you can dream of. You can place them on your desktop, on the taskbar, in the start menu etc. etc. etc. WE'RE ALREADY ON THE SAME PLATFORM. You don't need an extra app to do the same sorting you can already do on windows.

Me: "I want to buy all my shoes at Footlocker"
You: "WHY ARE YOU SUPPORTING A MONOPOLY?!!?!?!?1!!"

There are plenty of stores to buy shoes from, just like there are for games (I'm also including key sites like Green Man Gaming and CD Keys). I simply prefer to buy and play my games on Steam.

85. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 31, 2019, 01:08  Slick 

That looks neat! If for some reason I really need a launcher to tell me how to organize my games, I'd probably get that.

It's kinda like how I hate how iTunes just throws songs into these weird folders when sorting my music (as an actual DJ), I like control over my shit, and I have it with the Windows operating system. Anything on top of that is just excess.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

84. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 31, 2019, 00:15  Jivaro 

The solution to all of this is coming...and it's beautiful.

https://www.gog.com/news/gog_galaxy_20_closed_beta_is_now_live

83. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 30, 2019, 23:58  RedEye9 

Slick wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 23:39:

NO.

No we do not.

And can I point out the FUUUUUUUUUUCKING obvious here? We are ALREADY all on the same platform! It's called the personal motherfucking computer. How you arrange your files on it is up to you. You can create shortcuts for any game from any launcher and throw them in whatever file folder system you can dream of. You can place them on your desktop, on the taskbar, in the start menu etc. etc. etc. WE'RE ALREADY ON THE SAME PLATFORM. You don't need an extra app to do the same sorting you can already do on windows.
/thank you
Nice signature btw

Vaccines Cause Immunity

82. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 30, 2019, 23:39  Slick 

NO.

No we do not.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

81. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 30, 2019, 23:10  Kxmode 

Drayth wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 19:08:
Verno wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 12:50:
wrlwnd wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 12:35:
You quote"F*&king m-word" for mine.

Brilliant!

He did that because he reported your post and doesn't want his comment removed too. He's about as opaque as a dryer sheet.

Snitches get stitches.

It's not "snitching" if the comment is public.

80. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 30, 2019, 19:08 Drayth

Verno wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 12:50:

Brilliant!

He did that because he reported your post and doesn't want his comment removed too. He's about as opaque as a dryer sheet.

Snitches get stitches.

79. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 30, 2019, 16:03  Kxmode 

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 01:55:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 01:24:
Slick wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 20:59:
Just to really drill down on this. You're officially a fucking moron for buying a game on Steam that then links you to have to play it through Origin. Same with games Ubisoft games sold on Steam requiring Uplay.

You're literally giving the companies who MADE the fucking games LESS money so that you can have MORE inconvenience. While GabeN just
adds another integer to his account balance.

Prove me wrong.
Steam friends, and achievements, if that's your thing.

I guess I'm a fucking moron (of course it's coming from Slick of all people so... yeah). I prefer to have all my games catalogued on Steam when possible, since I extensively use the features of the platform. As long as the other platforms that are required to run beside it are unobtrusive, which Origin and Uplay are, I don't mind.

Edzackery. Installing UPlay and Origin with the purpose of enabling games to run from Steam is not the same as installing those launchers to buy games there. If Epic put Fortnite on Steam with EGS as a requirement, I don't think Steam users would care. The primary consideration is library consolidation. We want all our games on a single platform. For many, with all the features it offers, Steam is by far the most preferred.

78. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 30, 2019, 12:50 Verno

Brilliant!

Playing: Days Gone
Watching: Altered Carbon

77. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 30, 2019, 12:35 wrlwnd

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 12:18:
wrlwnd wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 12:04:
Slick wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 20:59:
You're officially a fucking moron for buying a game on Steam that then links you to have to play it through Origin. Same with games Ubisoft games sold on Steam requiring Uplay.

You're literally giving the companies who MADE the fucking games LESS money so that you can have MORE inconvenience. While GabeN just
adds another integer to his account balance.

Prove me wrong.

What part of not wanting your credit card on multiple download services don't you understand?

F*&king m-word.
Narrowing that attack vector, you must be so proud. For xmas does you g-ma knit you sweaters w/the words:
Securely Smug
(but still uses the coffee shops open wifi)

LOL

You quote "fucking moron" for his post and "F*&king m-word" for mine.

Brilliant!

76. removed Oct 30, 2019, 12:18  RedEye9 

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 31, 2019, 08:57.

Vaccines Cause Immunity

75. removed Oct 30, 2019, 12:04 wrlwnd

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 31, 2019, 00:22.

74. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 30, 2019, 11:05 KilrathiAce

Good news, because origin is garbage. Although in general EA as a company blows so its hard for me to buy games from which EA benefits.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

73. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 30, 2019, 10:35  wtf_man 

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 19:42:
Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 19:34:
wtf_man wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 14:39:
Never, will I install Origin.

Oh yes you will. What's more, you'll do it, and you'll love it. If you're going to pass up a whole year's worth of games for $30 - with more coming all the time - you're cuckoo bananas! That is thee best deal in gaming hands down.
Only if there are Origin games you want to play.

Which there isn't. The last EA game I bought was Dragon Age Origins (Which didn't have origin 'the drm launcher' at the time, although you still had to make an EA account for the DLC)... and I re-purchased it when it went on sale on GOG.

Haven't purchased an EA game since. Well I take that back... I have purchased a few other older ones on GOG.

Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!

72. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 30, 2019, 10:31 HorrorScope

News this morning is they are working towards EA Games not needing Origin to play on Steam.

New Star Wars Game:
"Origin currently required to keep the game updated, but we'd like the whole process to be as frictionless as possible. We're looking at longer-term solutions that'll make it as easy as possible for players to enjoy our games on Steam."

Also I believe I read the big Steam beta is going live this week.

91 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >