Ubisoft Calls Out Breakpoint & Delays Games

Ubisoft has released a statement in advance of the release of their latest financial results adjusting their projections downward and revealing a couple of delays. The delays are to Gods & Monsters, Rainbow Six Quarantine, and Watch_Dogs Legion, saying these will all now be released in fiscal 2020-21. As for the financial shortfall, they directly blame the performance of Ghost Recon Breakpoint and The Division 2. Here's word:
However, we have not capitalized on the potential of our latest two AAA releases. For Ghost Recon Breakpoint, while the game’s quality appeared on track – based on E3, Gamescom, previews and our latest internal playtests –, critical reception and sales during the game’s first weeks were very disappointing. As we have done with past titles, we will continue to support the game and listen to the community in order to deliver the necessary improvements.

At this stage, we have identified three main reasons behind this underperformance:

• First, it is harder to generate interest for a sequel to a Live multiplayer game, when prior iterations benefited from years of optimization. Consequently, we need to make sure there is more time between each iteration of Live games.
  • Second, our strategy of introducing gameplay innovations in our games has had a very positive impact on our brands. However, to win over players, these innovations need to be perfectly implemented in order to offer an optimal experience. This has not yet been sufficiently the case with Ghost Recon Breakpoint. While the change of formula has been very well received by some players, with an average daily playtime per player of over three hours, it also has been strongly rejected by a significant portion of the community.
  • Finally, Ghost Recon Breakpoint did not come in with enough differentiation factors, which prevented the game’s intrinsic qualities from standing out.

We are tackling these issues head-on and already are implementing significant changes to our production processes. We are confident in our capacity to adapt and evolve, as we have done successfully many times in the past.

View : : :
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Ubisoft Calls Out Breakpoint & Delays Games
Oct 25, 2019, 12:04
Re: Ubisoft Calls Out Breakpoint & Delays Games Oct 25, 2019, 12:04
Oct 25, 2019, 12:04

Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 25, 2019, 09:32:
At least they know how they messed up. Now maybe they'll spend the time to make the games better. I'm all for it. They should take their time rather than rushing it out the door.

I'm surprised some of you bought Breakpoint. Didn't you see the reviews?

I and everyone I know who's played it simply signed up for a month of Uplay+. I don't doubt the launch of that service has impacted the sales performance of it, as well.

Oct 25, 2019, 09:46
Re: Ubisoft Calls Out Breakpoint & Delays Games Oct 25, 2019, 09:46
Oct 25, 2019, 09:46

At this stage, we have identified three main reasons behind this underperformance:

Jesus, investors are a bunch of morons. "Here's a load of waffling to hide the fact that we made a shit game."

Investors: "Oh, okay. Makes sense!"

Rolleyes

Oct 25, 2019, 09:33
Re: Ubisoft Calls Out Breakpoint & Delays Games Oct 25, 2019, 09:33
Oct 25, 2019, 09:33

Avus wrote on Oct 24, 2019, 23:16:
Is Wildlands worth/good to buy now??

Wildlands is great if you like open world games like Far Cry. But it's probably going to bore you if played solo. The game really shines when playing co-op.

Oct 25, 2019, 09:32
Re: Ubisoft Calls Out Breakpoint & Delays Games Oct 25, 2019, 09:32
Oct 25, 2019, 09:32

At least they know how they messed up. Now maybe they'll spend the time to make the games better. I'm all for it. They should take their time rather than rushing it out the door.

I'm surprised some of you bought Breakpoint. Didn't you see the reviews?

Oct 25, 2019, 02:34
Re: Ubisoft Calls Out Breakpoint & Delays Games Oct 25, 2019, 02:34
Oct 25, 2019, 02:34

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 24, 2019, 21:54:
Amount of surprise.. zero
Amount of sadness.. zero
Amount of interest in Ubisoft titles.. zero

With the exception of the last expansion for Anno ^^

For me its Uno. Best game they ever published after FC3 and the first few Splinter Cells.
And it still took me a battle of months with their "customer service" to get that to work...
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Oct 24, 2019, 23:58
Re: Ubisoft Calls Out Breakpoint & Delays Games Oct 24, 2019, 23:58
Oct 24, 2019, 23:58

I thoroughly enjoyed Wildlands. Playing through it again now.

I don't know why they just didn't keep the majority of the gameplay mechanics and just move the setting...North Korea, Chechnya, Iran...no shortage of hotspots they could have used.

It wasn't a perfect game but to me, it was fun.

Or even just take the Ghost Recon Future Soldier world and make it truly open world. Loved that installment also.

I'll be skipping Breakpoint until they add in the AI teammates.

Oct 24, 2019, 23:21
Re: Ubisoft Calls Out Breakpoint & Delays Games Oct 24, 2019, 23:21
Oct 24, 2019, 23:21

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 24, 2019, 21:54:
Amount of sadness.. zero

For me it is EA... But I haven't installed both Origin and Uplay client because lack of game interest me. The last Uplay game I played was Rainbow 6 Siege but MP was too toxic.. so many tker. Itching to buy Wildlands if it is better (and cheaper when on sales) than launch now.
“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

Oct 24, 2019, 23:16
Re: Ubisoft Calls Out Breakpoint & Delays Games Oct 24, 2019, 23:16
Oct 24, 2019, 23:16

Is Wildlands worth/good to buy now??
“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

Oct 24, 2019, 22:34
Re: Ubisoft Calls Out Breakpoint & Delays Games Oct 24, 2019, 22:34
Oct 24, 2019, 22:34

Yeah, Breakpoint was just... awful. I was really looking forward to it, but they managed to add even more negatives on top of all the arcadey crap in Wildlands. But at least Wildlands was a solid experience. No random loot to grab and constantly swap out (that is also nearly arbitrary until certain levels are hit).

At least it didn't do well, so much that they realized it needed to be analyzed. I have no idea what they were thinking besides "give more money.".

Oct 24, 2019, 22:16
Re: Ubisoft Calls Out Breakpoint & Delays Games Oct 24, 2019, 22:16
Oct 24, 2019, 22:16

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 24, 2019, 21:20:
The terrain system is a mess that makes base jumping and using things like ladders and at times stairs horrible.

The worst offense is the stupid stamina drain when you are walking downhill (yes, I know of and already have the skill that is supposed to improve it). What the fuck? This is a special ops guy and he can't even walk down a really moderate slope without "ugh" and "agh" or by sliding down on his dumb ass cuz his quads and calves are too fucking weak? It gets even more ridiculous when this even happens on pretty shallow ramps inside or near buildings. Such a dumb and unnecessary "feature"... what the hell were they thinking?

Another completely dumb and immersion breaking feature I forgot: The daily missions. Those should be hidden behind the matchmaking multiplayer wall. WTF are daily missions doing in single player except being a very poor attempt to hide the fact that you have too little content in your game? "Player engagement" my ass... this is lame as feck.

Re: Ships Ahoy - Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
Oct 24, 2019, 22:06
Re: Ships Ahoy - Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising Oct 24, 2019, 22:06
Oct 24, 2019, 22:06

Not as amazing as Wildlands - where are my squad - but OK as COD: Modern Warfare finishes installing. And The Outer Worlds is fun too.
=========================================
Professional Adobe ColdFusion Application developer.

XBox Live: ConsoleGenRL

Oct 24, 2019, 21:54
Re: Ubisoft Calls Out Breakpoint & Delays Games Oct 24, 2019, 21:54
Oct 24, 2019, 21:54

Amount of sadness.. zero

Oct 24, 2019, 21:20
Re: Ubisoft Calls Out Breakpoint & Delays Games Oct 24, 2019, 21:20
Oct 24, 2019, 21:20

The more time I spend with Breakpoint the more I hate it.

The survival system isnt needed. So many skills that I haven't touched. The AI is just fucking horrible. The terrain system is a mess that makes base jumping and using things like ladders and at times stairs horrible. The physics system just goes berserk sometimes especially with bikes.

I'm glad I'm renting it cause it's not worth more then 25 bucks.

Oct 24, 2019, 21:16
Re: Ubisoft Calls Out Breakpoint & Delays Games Oct 24, 2019, 21:16
Oct 24, 2019, 21:16

Just finished the campaign of Breakpoint yesterday and it was very meh indeed. Poor (voice) acting, boring cliche story with no real highlights or surprises, a few annoying bugs forcing mission restarts, the worst written subtitles I have ever seen in a AAA game (can't Ubi at least afford a native English freelance editor for revision?), uninteresting characters and just tons of mediocrity all over.

The only real highlight is the huge and nicely crafted game world with its many, many different vegetation zones and spectacular vistas.
Otherwise it fails spectacularly. It's no tactical FPS. Tactical, slow, methodical gameplay is not rewarded. There is only a single mission (as far as I can remember) where you were supposed to remain undetected or not raise an alarm.
Otherwise you could simply bomb the shit out of places with a chopper which was much safer and less frustrating than being forced to reload on an unfortunate death after an hour of sneaking anyways.

It is easy to see where the game will be going after this first episode. The devs have said that squad-based play will be added later so the next major single player update will probably be about assembling a new Ghost squad and going after Stone.
I might resub to uPlay+ to continue the campaign whenever there is enough substantial content to play through but for now I have cancelled. It was OK for €14.99.
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older