Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program

Bethesda announces Fallout 1st, the new private server program for Fallout 76 they teased last week. This is available in the RPG right now, and the signup page shows this costs $12.99 per month or $99.99 a year, price-tags which have generated some fallout on Twitter. Here are some details on what this offers, including unlimited storage, bonus spacebux, and a Member's Only jacket:
PRIVATE WORLDS, SCRAPBOXES & MORE COME TO FALLOUT 76 WITH FALLOUT 1ST
Ever since Fallout 76 launched, we have consistently worked to improve and evolve the experience based on your feedback. That’s why we’re excited to launch Fallout 1st, a premium membership that offers something players have been asking for since before launch: private worlds for you and select friends. In addition to this huge feature, Fallout 1st also includes a host of exclusive items and membership bonuses, all of which you can find detailed below. And the best part? Fallout 1st is available right now.

WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH FALLOUT 1ST?

• PRIVATE WORLDS - Play in a Private World exclusively for you and up to seven friends.
  • SCRAPBOX - Unlimited storage for crafting components in your own new Scrapbox container.
  • SURVIVAL TENT - A new placeable fast travel point with a Stash, Sleeping Bag, and more for your basic needs.
  • ATOMS - Receive 1,650 Atoms per month for use in the Atomic Shop.
  • RANGER ARMOR OUTFIT - An iconic Fallout outfit, exclusively for members.
  • ICONS & EMOTES PACK - Unique icons and emotes, available only to members.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 28, 2019, 13:32 Riahderymnmaddog

I liked FO76 but I wont be paying for this service because I don't want it. Not sure why I need to be pissed off about it though.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 24, 2019, 03:51  coldcut 

Task wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 20:19:
It's a GaaS game, were people expecting dedicated server tools?
Greed as a Service?

34. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 24, 2019, 02:10 FloorPie

Yes, like almost every other survival type game.

I thank Bethesda for the great laugh today though.

33. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 24, 2019, 01:50  jdreyer 

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 21:06:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 20:38:
Actually Cartman said that too Mr Garret, but I get your drift.
I think it was directed at Mr Garrison. as in most things South Park it's NSFW

LOL, yes, Mr. Garrison.

One of my favorite movies, but I haven't watched it in a while. What would Brian Boitano do?

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

32. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 23:47 Creston

Yeah, I think probably so? At least I think they were expecting private servers that you could customize however you like, and it doesn't seem as if these allow that? It just seems to be the "standard" server only you get to pick who can join it.

Which I'm fairly sure was not what people wanted...

31. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 23:45 Creston

Drayth wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 19:24:
You gotta bank that against people's desire to play it (Todd specifically used Skyrim as an example). If they feel they've got a good grip on how to release a game-as-service game by that point they'll likely do it.

Sure, I see that, but FO76 has been an unmitigated disaster, so Todd Howard and Pete Hines would really have to be snorting epic levels of crack to think that going the same route with Elder Scrolls would be a brilliant idea.

Had FO76 sold 50 million copies and they were making Rockstar-level money off their store, I would start to worry. For now, I think killing one of their golden goose franchises is probably enough for them, but who knows. Ten years ago I would have sworn Bioware was untouchable and made nothing but the right decisions too... :\

They're not even close to that level though.. so fair point. If they don't get this whole model to click with consumers they'd be foolish to do it

Yeah, I think we'll be okay.

30. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 22:33  Cutter 

Cutter wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 19:09:
In the words of Mr. Garret, "You can just suck my balls."
Middlefinger

Yeah, they pretty much all said it, Garrison always said it best IMO.

"Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin…I don't know why I just said that. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but gonna stand by it. Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin! I'm owning it." - Rick Sanchez

29. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 21:57 HorrorScope

Acleacius wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 16:10:
Think I've figured it out, todd's bonus comes from any money they trick people into spending, after purchasing the game.

This could be spot on, a lot of execs bonuses are based off things like that in all sectors. They extra dollar BS sales.

28. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 21:06  RedEye9 

I think it was directed at Mr Garrison. as in most things South Park it's NSFW

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene

27. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 20:38  jdreyer 

Cutter wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 19:09:
Middlefinger

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

26. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 20:34  jdreyer 

aka_STEVE wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 14:46:
Sounds like they haven't learned a thing yet from this experiment....

"Something... something... Upton Sinclair."

25. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 20:19 Task

Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

24. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 19:52 Alpaca San

I bought this game on launch day and have regretted it ever since. The game felt like a bad tech demo... the only possible light was that one day we could just play a local server and maybe someone would mod a game into the engine.

First there was $5 horse armor... then "free-to-play"... then "pay-to-win"... now there is monthly fee to hope someone else makes a game in our engine.

... On the bright side, I saved $60+ times however many other games Bethesda ever makes in the future.

23. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 19:24 Drayth

Creston wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 19:13:
Drayth wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 19:03:
Wait a year and subscribe to a private server, then wait another year for the modding support!

They're not that fucking dumb. Skyrim sold 80 million copies because of the modding support. (and the fact it was released for every single system known to man.)

They drop modding support from ES6, and it'll tank just as fucking badly as FO76 did.

This is just a sign of desperately trying to wring a few more dollars out of a flop of a game.

You gotta bank that against people's desire to play it (Todd specifically used Skyrim as an example). If they feel they've got a good grip on how to release a game-as-service game by that point they'll likely do it.

They're not even close to that level though.. so fair point. If they don't get this whole model to click with consumers they'd be foolish to do it

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2019, 19:35.

22. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 19:15 Creston

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 16:51:
I'll take "You can't make this shit up" for $1,000 12,99 Alex.

FTFY.

21. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 19:13 Creston

Drayth wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 19:03:
Wait a year and subscribe to a private server, then wait another year for the modding support!

They're not that fucking dumb. Skyrim sold 80 million copies because of the modding support. (and the fact it was released for every single system known to man.)

They drop modding support from ES6, and it'll tank just as fucking badly as FO76 did.

This is just a sign of desperately trying to wring a few more dollars out of a flop of a game.

20. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 19:09  Cutter 

Middlefinger

"Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin…I don't know why I just said that. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but gonna stand by it. Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin! I'm owning it." - Rick Sanchez

19. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 19:03 Drayth

This plus Todd's comment about how the "problem" with Skyrim was once it was out the door they could no longer "engage" with their audience, leads me to heavily suspect... say goodbye to an offline Elder Scrolls VI.

Want to have a private game with mods? Wait a year and subscribe to a private server, then wait another year for the modding support! In the meantime have you checked out the Dovahkiin Shop : D ??! All Christmas Gif Emotes are 50% off on their initial price!

18. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 18:46 ventry

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

No.

The most powerful governments on earth can't stop a virus from spreading
BUT,
They can reduce the Earths temperature if you give them more of your money.

17. Re: Fallout 76 Launches Fallout 1st Private Server Program Oct 23, 2019, 18:05 MisterBenn

We've come a long way since:
"All the content we ever put out for Fallout 76--all the DLC, all the post-launch stuff--is going to be free. That's important. And to say, the Atomic shop is cosmetic stuff. To make sure folks understand--look there's a line. There are people who have crossed it, but we're going to stay on the right side of it in terms of the things you can spend money on and how this stuff works and what you're getting for your $60. That you know, when they put out new content or features or whatever, I'm getting that stuff for free. That feels right."

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >