Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

The Outer Worlds Reviews

The Outer Worlds is preparing to set down on Friday. The review embargo for Obsidian's new sci-fi RPG has expired, so we now have the following flood of reviews to contend with:

View
71 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

71. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 28, 2019, 09:55 licensedsaucer9

Seems well made so far. A lot of cool dialogue. Combat is not fantastic, but not bad either.

For the time being (beta-phase) the xbox game pass for pc is really paying off for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

70. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 24, 2019, 22:16 Verno

Dacron wrote on Oct 24, 2019, 21:46:
Only 3 hours in, but this is a winner to me. Spiritual successor to FNV. Funny/witty RPG with lots of ways to play. Speech skills can help you out massively.

Yeah Obsidian's writers really knocked it out of the park on this one. The humor is spot on and not overbearing like FO4. They did a great job with reactivity to your choices too, there are some simple speech variations but sometimes it drastically alters the flow of the story. I'm gonna call in sick tomorrow bwuahaha!

Make sure you play on Hard at least, Normal is a joke. Glad they included a respec machine on the ship, always nice to see a game respect your time.

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf

69. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 24, 2019, 21:46 Dacron

Only 3 hours in, but this is a winner to me. Spiritual successor to FNV. Funny/witty RPG with lots of ways to play. Speech skills can help you out massively.  

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

68. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 24, 2019, 21:41 RedEye9

Verno wrote on Oct 24, 2019, 21:03:
This game is AWESOME. Port is very solid so far, few bugs and some really fantastic writing. Microsoft buying Obsidian actually turned out to be pretty rad so far, they got to delay and polish this the way it deserved. It plays a little like Mass Effect and Fallout had a baby with better writing. Great music, graphics are solid and so far on Hard I'm getting the right amount of challenge.
I guess all those paid reviewers who took sex for a good review really got fu@&Ed this time. /S
Glad to hear the game is good.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

67. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 24, 2019, 21:03 Verno

This game is AWESOME. Port is very solid so far, few bugs and some really fantastic writing. Microsoft buying Obsidian actually turned out to be pretty rad so far, they got to delay and polish this the way it deserved. It plays a little like Mass Effect and Fallout had a baby with better writing. Great music, graphics are solid and so far on Hard I'm getting the right amount of challenge.  

66. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 24, 2019, 09:22 Quinn

Beamer wrote on Oct 24, 2019, 07:29:
And while the slpc has issues, I'd say Roosh's words speak for him well. I love his blog listing ten reasons heterosexuals should leave America. The first reason is the women overseas are more subservient. Another is "there are less homosexuals abroad." Doesn't that just mean more competition?

It was just funny the SPLC was used as a source to rebuke a corrupt source There's no question this Roosh is the scum of the earth.

What would RedEye label him with? It can't be misogynist, because a guy winking at a girl is that already by his standards. He can't label Roosh a homophobe either, because RedEye already labeled the guy who admitted he doesn't like the sight of two blokes kissing eachother that. Hmmm. It's like the meaning of the labels have become meaningless! How can that be? =D

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

65. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 24, 2019, 07:29 Beamer

And while the slpc has issues, I'd say Roosh's words speak for him well. I love his blog listing ten reasons heterosexuals should leave America. The first reason is the women overseas are more subservient. Another is "there are less homosexuals abroad." Doesn't that just mean more competition?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

64. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 24, 2019, 07:24 Beamer

Drath, it's easy to find proof. Either there's a review from the man she's linked to, or there isn't.

Post his review and you have credibility. Fail, and it's clear you're one of those guys desperate to be offended.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

63. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 24, 2019, 02:17 Quinn

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 17:53:
Quinn wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 17:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 17:05:
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/daryush-roosh-valizadeh
nsfhc not safe for human consumption

Talking about flawed sources!
Your ignorance and racism knows no bounds. Thanks for playing.

You'll fit right in, buddy!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

62. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 23, 2019, 22:14 Verno

It is trivial to find more sources and jdreyer also linked a few as well but I'm sure you will find something wrong with them too. I think you know as well as we do that you're incorrect and are just being too childish to admit it. There is no reasonable discussion to be had with someone who doubles down on an organization that labels Sam Harris a bigot. Sam fucking Harris. You're either as deluded as they are or wilfully ignorant because you're trying to save face, neither scenario bodes well for you.

But hey I already know your opinions are regurgitations with no foundation or original thoughts so don't do it for my sake. I just was mentioning it in case you want to keep up the illusion for anyone else Trollbashing

61. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 23, 2019, 21:48 RedEye9

Verno wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 21:37:
The SPL ...
-1 Rep
Linking an OPINION piece from a former blowhard speechwriter for Bush and a Fox News writer, shirley you can find someone more conservative than that.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

60. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 23, 2019, 21:42 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 21:22:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 21:13:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 21:08:
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/daryush-roosh-valizadeh

The SPLC has made some questionable calls in recent years. It's become hard to take their word at face value. Here's to hoping they find their way back.
And they go back and fix things when they make a mistake.
If you can point me to a perfect source that has never erred I'll use that instead.
It's not that they have made mistakes, but the scope. Sam Harris, member of the alt-right? Beggars belief and brings into question their other calls. And no, they haven't fixed that.
They call it like they see it.

59. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 23, 2019, 21:37 Verno

The SPL hasn't had any credibility for a long time. They did important work once upon a time but frankly have been a joke for awhile now and it's well known.

And let's be clear here, they only "go back and correct things" because they lost a huge lawsuit for 3.3M when they included a counter-extremist Muslim group in their smear journals. They have a long history of basically targeting anyone who disagrees with them on both the left and the right, it's happened so many times now and as jdreyer said the scope is just appalling. They are a perfect lesson in checking your sources before using them in discussions as context is everything.

Getting back on topic, The Outer Worlds looks absolutely awesome and I really like the tighter scope I'm seeing here in previews. The worlds seem to have a lot more reactivity as a result and it doesn't have that usual Obsidian bugginess going on.

58. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 23, 2019, 21:22 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 21:13:

The SPLC has made some questionable calls in recent years. It's become hard to take their word at face value. Here's to hoping they find their way back.
If you can point me to a perfect source that has never erred I'll use that instead.
It's not that they have made mistakes, but the scope. Sam Harris, member of the alt-right? Beggars belief and brings into question their other calls. And no, they haven't fixed that.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

57. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 23, 2019, 21:15 jdreyer

Anita hasn't released a Tropes in Video Games video in almost 3 years. I guess the KS money ran out? While some of her examples were extremely cherry picked, I thought overall the conversation was worth having.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

56. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 23, 2019, 21:13 RedEye9

55. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 23, 2019, 21:08 jdreyer

54. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 23, 2019, 18:05 Drayth

JDreye - I did a google search before heading out.. clicked a link near the top of the search and saw some of the screenshots I've seen in the past, as well as photos of her in bed with one of the guys she cheated with. Google actually consulted feminists a few years back to improve the search algorithms so I'm actually surprised I got such a bad site, it was within the first 3 hits. I was looking for screenshots because unless we're claiming those are fabricated... I then skimmed the article as I was heading out the door. Obviously I pulled a site with a bad history.

Beamer - You know what I meant in my Trump analogy. It was an extreme example to prove a point that there's no way any of us could ever have 100% proof on anything we read online (which is what you use as your defense). OF COURSE I don't think he's a nice guy. OF COURSE he isn't. But have you met him? Have you hung out with him? Then you can only be 99.999999% sure. THAT's the point. You used that against me just to bolster your argument.

Look, your arguments amount to "What 100% evidence do you have that this is true?". Well if that's out there it's going to take more digging than I have time or care to do. I'm not testifying in front of a judge.

When half the internet has a beef with someone then there's probably something to it. When you can see evidence of them acting in the way they're being accused of there's probably something to it.

From what I've read / heard in passing she had a kickstarter for a new game. It made millions. Shortly after she posted a picture of her in a very nice Japanese hotel room wearing one of the hotel robes. Someone recognized (claiming to be female btw) the pattern of the robe, apparently each hotel's is unique, and was able to determine the hotel and how potentially extravagant the room was.

Just when anger started flaring up about no game being delivered and things like this photo started circulating she aired her issues with the mentally handicapped person who took his life over the post. I'm willing to believe her posts were honest, but I also heavily suspect the posting was strategic because of the timing.

I also saw tweets from someone who worked for her on how awful working for her was. Another female btw.

It's a constant flow of scandals for her. And everytime something questionable happens it diminishes the feminism cause for people who truly belong to it, and for the women who have their own real horrific past experiences. Just like everything else these days Feminism is being defined by these extreme groups who grab headlines and pervert the real cause.

It is my opinion that she, and others like Anita, weaponize social media, and exploit feminism to make money off it. It usually follows that if there's an easy way to make money -someone- will try to exploit it, right? If you don't agree, fine we can agree to disagree. But fuck off with your attacks at anyone who doesn't automatically subscribe to IF Female > Then Pure as Snow. Can't even have a discussion.

It's not a gender thing for me. There are people who do mostly good things. And there are people who do mostly bad things.

53. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 23, 2019, 17:56 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 17:26:
Drayth wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 10:53:
I didn't want to.../rant Dizzy

Went to the link to go educate myself, and got this message in my browser:

Sorry, www.returnofkings.com has been blocked by your network administrator.

This site was blocked due to the following categories: Hate/Discrimination
And that's all you need to know.

52. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 23, 2019, 17:53 RedEye9

71 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >