Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Respawn tweets that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is now officially gold, and the Star Wars action game is on track for its release in a month. DSOGaming points the way to a new trailer that celebrates the news with over 20 minutes of gameplay footage. Here's the brief announcement tweet:
We are proud to announce that #JediFallenOrder has gone gold! We can't wait for you to embark on this adventure across the Galaxy with us on 11/15.

May the Force be with you!

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

37. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 20, 2019, 18:28 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 22:16:
Rigs wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 09:51:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 02:08:
Looks very good! I liked the Star Wars Battlefront 2's story, even though it was stupid short with the extended campaign. I am looking forward to playing a hopefully much longer game. I am good with a 30-50 hour long single-player experience. However, given this is EA, going to wait on the reviews.

Oh, hell, I wouldn't think there was more than 22-25 hours worth of shit to do in this thing. Unless they pad it out with some kind of grind, the story itself is probably pretty bare bones. This isn't an RPG we're talking about. And what's with the Disney's infatuation with little droids? They had the one that clipped to your back in BF2 and then they have the new tiny droid in the upcoming movie that's smaller even than BB-8 and now this thing on his back?! Talk about being 'Disney-fied' indeed!

=-Rigs-=

I didn't expect this to be an RPG. I said that in my post, which you quoted. ("I am good with a 30-50 hour long single-player experience.")
We'll be lucky if this campaign is more than 10 hours.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 22:36 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 11:03:
Quinn wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 10:01:
Star Wars is dead to me. Dead. Not just dead as in corpse rotting in the ground somewhere. But gibbed dead. Can't even be tea-bagged. Kind of like GoT.

^ this

The super-retarded, super-lame Episode VII killed it for me. Didn't even watch Episode VIII. And the rumors coming from Episode IX are so insanely retarded that it is a miracle the universe hasn't collapsed into this void of intergalactic retardedness yet.

Because... wait for it... Palpatine is going to return and we'll find out that everything up to the finale in Ep. IX was his plan all along. Vader never really killed him. That was all staged and part of his ultra intelligent masterplan. He will show up with his secret fleet that he kept hidden away for decades in order fuck up the galaxy real good. I'm betting real money on the cheesiest ending in history when Rey and Kylo will kiss and make up to unite against Palps.
Ep. IX has excellent chances to become the most epic cringefest in movie history... kinda like Mass Effect 3 in how it will flush all previous entries in the series straight down the shitter with its nonsensical bullshit "explanations" for why events unfolded as they did.

George Lucas crafted a complete story treatment for Palpatine, much of which drives narration up to episode 9, of which we haven't seen in 7 and 8.

The following comes from the April 19, 2008 snapshot of Emporer Palpatine's Expanded Universe from StarWars.com. https://tinyurl.com/y3t3g3wf

It is worth noting that it was on starwars.com NOT a Star Wars comic book, video game, or fan fiction. Everything on StarWars.com had to be approved by Lucas or those responsible for its lore and cannon. So if it appeared on a character's expanded universe page, it is official. Since Disney let Lucas muse the story past episode 6, then the only question remains, did Lucas pitch this story idea to the writers and did they include it in The Rise of Skywalker?

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

35. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 22:25 Kxmode

Star Wars is dead to me. Dead. Not just dead as in corpse rotting in the ground somewhere. But gibbed dead. Can't even be tea-bagged. Kind of like GoT.

Star Wars and Games of Thrones proves it's not how the story begins that matters; it's how it ends. It also shows that when a story leads an audience in a direction, and it does an out-of-character pivot, people will reject it and may become indifferent to the material at best or haters at worse.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

34. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 22:16 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 09:51:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 02:08:
Looks very good! I liked the Star Wars Battlefront 2's story, even though it was stupid short with the extended campaign. I am looking forward to playing a hopefully much longer game. I am good with a 30-50 hour long single-player experience. However, given this is EA, going to wait on the reviews.

Oh, hell, I wouldn't think there was more than 22-25 hours worth of shit to do in this thing. Unless they pad it out with some kind of grind, the story itself is probably pretty bare bones. This isn't an RPG we're talking about. And what's with the Disney's infatuation with little droids? They had the one that clipped to your back in BF2 and then they have the new tiny droid in the upcoming movie that's smaller even than BB-8 and now this thing on his back?! Talk about being 'Disney-fied' indeed!

=-Rigs-=

I didn't expect this to be an RPG. I said that in my post, which you quoted. ("I am good with a 30-50 hour long single-player experience.")

33. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 18:37 Orogogus

jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 13:45:
Orogogus wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 02:31:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 01:53:
Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 00:28:
The best thing I read about it is that it's "safe". Which pretty much describes EA to a T. They haven't done anything BUT "safe" shit with the Star Wars franchise.

Disney should sue these fuckers for how they've mistreated it.

I believe you got it all wrong. I am 100% sure that Disney IS the problem. They want family friendly Star Wars games for pure marketing purposes. They don't understand or give a fuck about gaming.

Look at the complete dweebish pussyface main character. I doubt that's an EA decision. EA/Respawn would have probably done a typical gaming cliche generic "badass" guy. I'd bet real money Disney asked for a kiddo character so the teenie Episode IX audience (Rey and Kylo fanboys/fangirls) could identify with this cheesestick.

OT Luke was more dweeb than badass.
In the first movie, yeah. But he was a total badass in RotJ.

Eh, even there I don't think he's an action hero in the Schwarzenegger or Willis tradition. He didn't seem much different from the main character here. Han Solo filled the man's man role.

And the RotJ sail barge was the original wiffle bat fight. Lightsabers didn't get to be really badass until Phantom Menace.

32. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 17:26 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 14:03:
Also, why is the main character carrying four rounds of .308 in his belt?

It's probably food, dry rations that work the same way you see Rey cooking in Episode 7. Pretty standard thing for Jedi to carry around.

31. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 14:03 jdreyer

The gameplay looks like it has a Dark Souls feel: watch the enemy make their move and dodge, when there's a break make your move, lather, rinse, repeat. I didn't like that gameplay when I played DS, and I don't really like it here either.

Also, why is the main character carrying four rounds of .308 in his belt?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

30. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 13:51 jdreyer

Task wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 12:02:
Because... wait for it... Palpatine is going to return and we'll find out that everything up to the finale in Ep. IX

If they really do that, I would think they have simply run out of ideas at that point and are just borrowing from the original EU again with that not well liked Palp flies around in force ghost into his clones story. Personally I liked that story exactly because it was pretty campy fun, like in-universe fan fiction.

There were no new ideas in Episode 7. And Episode 8 had a few new ideas, but was piss poor in executing them. Now that Ep 9 is back with JJ, you can expect no new ideas again.

29. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 13:48 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 11:14:
The best thing I read about it is that it's "safe". Which pretty much describes EA to a T. They haven't done anything BUT "safe" shit with the Star Wars franchise.

I believe you got it all wrong. I am 100% sure that Disney IS the problem. They want family friendly Star Wars games for pure marketing purposes. They don't understand or give a fuck about gaming.

Look at the complete dweebish pussyface main character. I doubt that's an EA decision. EA/Respawn would have probably done a typical gaming cliche generic "badass" guy. I'd bet real money Disney asked for a kiddo character so the teenie Episode IX audience (Rey and Kylo fanboys/fangirls) could identify with this cheesestick.

Fair enough. Who can we get that can sue both of them?

George. George Lucas. Just as soon as can stop stuffing his face full of doughnuts.

28. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 13:46 jdreyer

KS wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 06:59:
1. I have to watch an ad to watch an ad.

What part of "EA is all about the money" did you not understand?

27. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 13:45 jdreyer

Orogogus wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 02:31:

OT Luke was more dweeb than badass.
In the first movie, yeah. But he was a total badass in RotJ.

26. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 13:43 jdreyer

Have you seen the recent Star Wars movies? The only way they could be safer is if you made the leads wear bright orange vests and hard hats.

25. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 13:38 HorrorScope

Zombie AI looks better that whatever that is.  

24. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 12:37 VoodooV

mellis wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 08:14:
KS wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 06:59:
All I see is the same wiffle bat level weapons gameplay with a sword of infinity wrapper.

Wiffle bat gameplay, what a spot on description.

sadly, it's not a new term. People have been complaining about how Star Wars games wimp down lightsabers to make them not completely OP for as long as there have been Star Wars games.

23. Jedi Outcast III Oct 19, 2019, 12:18 VoodooV

it just looks so boring and on rails. Maybe the story will be interesting, but the game itself...meh.

EDIT: oh shit, forgot this was an EA game. Definitely not buying now. I'll watch the cutscenes on Youtube. Fuck you EA.

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 2019, 12:31.

22. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 12:02 Task

Because... wait for it... Palpatine is going to return and we'll find out that everything up to the finale in Ep. IX

If they really do that, I would think they have simply run out of ideas at that point and are just borrowing from the original EU again with that not well liked Palp flies around in force ghost into his clones story. Personally I liked that story exactly because it was pretty campy fun, like in-universe fan fiction.

And for this game, I know many blame EA and that's definitely fair, but Disney can be blamed just as much for not really doing anything game-wise with the license. There's simply not going to be 'outstanding' games within the license again if there is no creativity from other publishers/developers given a chance at risking various ideas.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

21. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 11:53 Task

Is the topic 'Reylo' now? Never understood that to be honest, it seemed more like they were setting up Rey and Finn at the start of the new series.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

20. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 11:16 Creston

I'm betting real money on the cheesiest ending in history when Rey and Kylo will kiss and make up to unite against Palps.

Star Wars does have a thing for brothers and sisters making out...

19. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 11:14 Creston

Fair enough. Who can we get that can sue both of them?

18. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 11:03 CJ_Parker

^ this

The super-retarded, super-lame Episode VII killed it for me. Didn't even watch Episode VIII. And the rumors coming from Episode IX are so insanely retarded that it is a miracle the universe hasn't collapsed into this void of intergalactic retardedness yet.

Because... wait for it... Palpatine is going to return and we'll find out that everything up to the finale in Ep. IX was his plan all along. Vader never really killed him. That was all staged and part of his ultra intelligent masterplan. He will show up with his secret fleet that he kept hidden away for decades in order fuck up the galaxy real good. I'm betting real money on the cheesiest ending in history when Rey and Kylo will kiss and make up to unite against Palps.
Ep. IX has excellent chances to become the most epic cringefest in movie history... kinda like Mass Effect 3 in how it will flush all previous entries in the series straight down the shitter with its nonsensical bullshit "explanations" for why events unfolded as they did.

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >