Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer

The Outer Worlds is set to launch one week from today, and the Official Launch Trailer is now online to pave the way. Also, the Obsidian Forums now offer System Requirements for the Windows edition of the sci-fi RPG (thanks DSOGaming). Word is you will not need an out of this world PC to get this to run:
System Requirements for The Outer Worlds

Minimum

Windows 7 (SP1) 64bit
CPU: Intel Core i3-3225 or AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
RAM: 4GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti or AMD HD 7850
HDD Space: 40GB

Recommended

Windows 10 64bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K or Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: 8GB
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or Radeon RX 470

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 20, 2019, 07:47 Quinn

I'm pretty sure this game will be a failure. From what I have seen, the combat is abysmal.

I hope I am wrong.

Either way, I'll hold off on this game unless Worthabuy gives it a good reviews. That fella is literally the only reviewer that never gotten it wrong for me yet. ACG gabe JC4 a good review, which was when he lost a good amount of good reputation, and then he continued to waste my money. I am no longer trusting his verdicts at all anymore.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 19, 2019, 15:09 Nailbender

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 11:21:
Those are pretty modest specs, "Recommended" included.

Well, those are pretty modest graphics, as seen in the trailer.
Graphics look better than earlier trailers, but still doesn't look the level of AAA beasts such as, say, even TW3, and that came out 4 years ago.

20. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 19, 2019, 10:23 jdreyer

Oof, that lip synching.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

19. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 22:03 Dacron

The 60 minute gameplay video released earlier makes it look/feel/play like FV:NV. This will be a must for me, just not on epic.

RDR2, Outer Worlds, Cyberpunk... so many different worlds to go explore coming up.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

18. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 19:17 ColoradoHoudini

I am not usually one for SP RPGs.. but I am getting this (assuming the first few reviews say it's good)  

17. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 18:21 ventry

I have a definite interest in this but, as usual, I will wait to see what the real world says about it before splashing out.  

16. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 18:14 eRe4s3r

I am watching this and thinking "Those are the guys who made BG2 and now Larian, who made funny RPG's, is making BG3, and these guys here, are making funny Fallout NV"

And I am not sure I can get immersed in this... something about it just feels tonally off.

15. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 17:32 HorrorScope

Nullity wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 13:44:
Wow, that was impressive. It might just be me, but I don't remember previous videos looking so good.

And Obsidian does Fallout much better than Bethesda, so I'm looking forward to this.

The graphics look a lot sharper then the previous vids, those were actually depressing to watch. I'll give'r a go on Game Pass, then if I hit issues wait a month or two.

14. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 17:16 Cutter

GinRummy wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 14:45:
What I tend to do for any game that is "immediate must buy" which are few for me, but if so I'll look on Green Man to see if they're selling keys. I'm trying not to shill much, but they are the best reputable place that tend to give 15, 20, or 25% off brand new games the week before or after new releases. So I save a little, at least. Dang, reading this it still sounds like I'm repping, sorry.

No need to apologize it's completely valid feedback. Next to player reviews/impressions around here for games I'd say looking for good deals is probably a strong second for why people come here regularly. Shilling would be 'Company X is awesome, you should totes use them!' for no particular reason.

13. Re: The 60 minute playthrough killed it Oct 18, 2019, 17:05 chickenboo

WitcherOntheProwl wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 15:08:
The play through that was released a several months ago showed just how dumb and boring the game will be. I will likely get it for achievements only when released on steam for a couple dollars.

Feel the same way, looks kinda boring despite the original setting. Maybe I'm tired of the comical cynicism style of humor. Anyways, waiting for full reviews.

12. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 17:02 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 13:35:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 13:01:
The Outer Worlds, RDR 2, Cyberpunk 2077 and VtM:Bloodlines 2 in the next few months to a year... better get to work on the RPG backlog!

Well, none of these games will be anywhere near feature or content complete on release and at least two, Cyberpunk and Outer Worlds, will be buggy messes since both devs have an established track record of releasing Bugs Bunny shitshows.

VtM Bloodlines 2 could also end up being a bugfest and as a Paradox game it is guaranteed to become a piecemeal of epic proportions with dozens of DLC which always works REALLY well with story-driven games when you get the whole story in two hour chunks over five years. Guaranteed awesomeness right there...

The only one that would seem rather "safe" to buy within the next year is RDR2 if you are willing to cough up the 50 - 60 that the game will cost on PC for a long time to come. And if you want to reward R* for treating PC gamers like lepers.

Moi, I will be skipping VtM 2 since Paradox will most likely never offer a complete version anyway so they can go fuck themselves real hard. Depending on reviews, I might get the Outer Worlds GOTY on sale one day if/when Obshittian have delivered the final patch and the game is really complete, RDR2 is gonna be a buy when it goes on sale for at least sub $20, and re Cyberpunk I will also only be getting the fully complete Enhanced Edition Director's Cut Definitive GOTY with all expansions and feature patches included.
All in all i.e. no rush with the backlog since we're talking 2022/2023 before any of those games will be playable in a complete state or discounted enough. All thanks to the glorious world of GaaS.

So, which games came out three years ago that are "complete" and we should be picking up now?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

11. The 60 minute playthrough killed it Oct 18, 2019, 15:08 WitcherOntheProwl

The play through that was released a several months ago showed just how dumb and boring the game will be. I will likely get it for achievements only when released on steam for a couple dollars.  

10. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 14:50 Nullity

GinRummy wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 14:45:
What I tend to do for any game that is "immediate must buy" which are few for me, but if so I'll look on Green Man to see if they're selling keys. I'm trying not to shill much, but they are the best reputable place that tend to give 15, 20, or 25% off brand new games the week before or after new releases. So I save a little, at least. Dang, reading this it still sounds like I'm repping, sorry.
GMG is usually where I check first for discounts on new releases also.

9. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 14:45 GinRummy

8. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 14:10 Cutter

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 11:21:
Those are pretty modest specs, "Recommended" included.

Clearly built for consoles is why. Unless this thing gets hella good reviews I dunno, I'm just not feeling it with this one. Think I'll at least be waiting a good while for it to come down in price.

7. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 14:09 CJ_Parker

Nullity wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 13:56:
The only one that would seem rather "safe" to buy within the next year is RDR2 if you are willing to cough up the 50 - 60 that the game will cost on PC for a long time to come. And if you want to reward R* for treating PC gamers like lepers.
Whaa? You must not have ever played a Rockstar game before. All games have their issues, and as a programmer myself, I know there's no such thing as perfect software, but it seems like they replace their entire development team with a fresh batch of non-experienced mentally handicapped monkeys every couple weeks.

Seriously, R* games are the buggiest and messiest pile of spaghetti-code I've ever had to endure. ANY of the other games you mentioned are almost guaranteed to be in better shape at launch, even considering the fact that this is a port and already has a head-start.

That aside, I won't support Rockstar due to their shitty PC treatment. (Disclaimer: Both GTA 4/5 were gifted to me by someone, otherwise I never would have tried them.)

Well, I didn't have any issues worth mentioning with GTA V except the shitty controls and UI when I finally played the game this year but those are design faults and not bugs per se. That's why I am assuming that RDR2 will come to PC in a similarly decent shape as far as plain bugs are concerned.
It should also be content complete (single player) since R* doesn't do more single player content post-release.

Bugs aside, PC gamers should definitely be VERY afraid when even conslow gamers lamented the crappy controls and UI of RDR2.
R* aren't exactly known for smooth ports so controls/UI could turn into a REAL clusterfuck on PC.
I'm betting this is why their flashy 4K PC trailer showed no real gameplay and no UI. No one even complained about that as we could see from the comments thread here. People are preordering based on pretty pictures again.

6. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 13:56 Nullity

Whaa? You must not have ever played a Rockstar game before. All games have their issues, and as a programmer myself, I know there's no such thing as perfect software, but it seems like they replace their entire development team with a fresh batch of non-experienced mentally handicapped monkeys every couple weeks.

Seriously, R* games are the buggiest and messiest pile of spaghetti-code I've ever had to endure. ANY of the other games you mentioned are almost guaranteed to be in better shape at launch, even considering the fact that this is a port and already has a head-start.

That aside, I won't support Rockstar due to their shitty PC treatment. (Disclaimer: Both GTA 4/5 were gifted to me by someone, otherwise I never would have tried them.)

5. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 13:44 Nullity

Wow, that was impressive. It might just be me, but I don't remember previous videos looking so good.

And Obsidian does Fallout much better than Bethesda, so I'm looking forward to this.

4. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 13:36 Kxmode

System Requirements for The Outer Worlds

Minimum

CPU: Intel Core i3-3225 or AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
RAM: 4GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti or AMD HD 7850
Required Platform: Epic Games Store

Recommended

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K or Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: 8GB
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or Radeon RX 470
Required Platform: Epic Games Store

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

3. Re: The Outer Worlds Specs and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 13:35 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 13:01:
The Outer Worlds, RDR 2, Cyberpunk 2077 and VtM:Bloodlines 2 in the next few months to a year... better get to work on the RPG backlog!

Well, none of these games will be anywhere near feature or content complete on release and at least two, Cyberpunk and Outer Worlds, will be buggy messes since both devs have an established track record of releasing Bugs Bunny shitshows.

VtM Bloodlines 2 could also end up being a bugfest and as a Paradox game it is guaranteed to become a piecemeal of epic proportions with dozens of DLC which always works REALLY well with story-driven games when you get the whole story in two hour chunks over five years. Guaranteed awesomeness right there...

Moi, I will be skipping VtM 2 since Paradox will most likely never offer a complete version anyway so they can go fuck themselves real hard. Depending on reviews, I might get the Outer Worlds GOTY on sale one day if/when Obshittian have delivered the final patch and the game is really complete, RDR2 is gonna be a buy when it goes on sale for at least sub $20, and re Cyberpunk I will also only be getting the fully complete Enhanced Edition Director's Cut Definitive GOTY with all expansions and feature patches included.
All in all i.e. no rush with the backlog since we're talking 2022/2023 before any of those games will be playable in a complete state or discounted enough. All thanks to the glorious world of GaaS.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >