Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer

The Rockstar Games Newswire now offers a new trailer from Red Dead Redemption 2 showing off the upcoming PC edition of the wild west shooter in all its 60 fps 4K resolution glory. Here's word:
Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC brings the epic story of Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang to life in breathtaking new ways – with no shortage of dazzling technical enhancements that deliver deeper immersion. These include increased draw distances, improved shadows and lighting, new grass and fur textures, and much more – complemented by a host of exciting new content additions for the game’s Story Mode.

Watch the new trailer above to see Red Dead Redemption 2 in stunning 4K/60 frames per second and see how packed full of new details and greater fidelity every corner of this vast open world is. From the claw marks of a passing bear at the base of a tree in Big Valley and the individual spines on a cactus in New Austin, to a train passing on a far horizon and embers sparkling in the New Hanover night sky.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 19, 2019, 03:07 Quinn

Total-Khaos wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 00:30:
Quinn wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 18:05:
Hmm read quite some criticism here. I'll pay 50 bucks just to experience the vibe. There aren't enough good westerns in gaming. At all.

Some of you should really subscribe to the Nit-picking Club though. Fucking hell.

The last western game I liked on PC was Outlaws, so I can't wait to give this a try.

Did you miss out on the awesome Call of Juarez games, or didn't you like them?

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 18:49 theglaze

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 11:28:
theglaze wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 09:39:
R* games do not run smooth for at least the first 6 months...

GTAV has been out for 4 years on PC, and only a 9900K @ 5Ghz with a 2080 Ti can run 4K at 60fps (at Very High quality)

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14663/the-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-super-review/11

That's nonsense, I was hitting 4k 60fps with just a i7 5930k and 1080ti SLI

now I am using an i9 7960X that only 2.8ghz with 2080Ti and I crush 4k 60fps.

Those are dope systems man! Which kinda proves my point...

27. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 17:09 jacobvandy

Osc8r wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 04:35:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 17:41:
Osc8r wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 17:30:
Is it worth buying it for the co-op only?

Not interested in playing the single player at all.

You mean the online free-for-all? That'll depend on who you have to play with you. Though I'd fully expect it to be overrun by hackers the same way GTA Online was at first.

I thought it had co-op missions / a small co-op campaign as well as free roam?

It does, but AFAIK any of your missions that take place in the open world can be crashed by other players who happen to be nearby. I could be mistaken, since this is stuff I read last year that may be outdated and I never played it myself since I don't want to pay for an online sub.

26. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 11:28 Riahderymnmaddog

theglaze wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 09:39:

GTAV has been out for 4 years on PC, and only a 9900K @ 5Ghz with a 2080 Ti can run 4K at 60fps (at Very High quality)

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14663/the-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-super-review/11

That's nonsense, I was hitting 4k 60fps with just a i7 5930k and 1080ti SLI

now I am using an i9 7960X that only 2.8ghz with 2080Ti and I crush 4k 60fps.

25. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 09:39 theglaze

24. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 04:35 Osc8r

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 17:41:

You mean the online free-for-all? That'll depend on who you have to play with you. Though I'd fully expect it to be overrun by hackers the same way GTA Online was at first.

I thought it had co-op missions / a small co-op campaign as well as free roam?

23. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 18, 2019, 00:30 Total-Khaos

Quinn wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 18:05:
Hmm read quite some criticism here. I'll pay 50 bucks just to experience the vibe. There aren't enough good westerns in gaming. At all.

Some of you should really subscribe to the Nit-picking Club though. Fucking hell.

The last western game I liked on PC was Outlaws, so I can't wait to give this a try.

22. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 17, 2019, 21:00 jdreyer

Looks gorgeous, but I'm going to wait at least 6 months to see what modders come up with. I don't have time to spend 5 minutes after each battle routing through the dead one by one in slow motion.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

21. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 17, 2019, 20:43 Burrito of Peace

Meh.  

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

20. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 17, 2019, 18:05 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

19. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 17, 2019, 17:41 jacobvandy

18. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 17, 2019, 17:30 Osc8r

17. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 17, 2019, 17:27 Dacron

Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 13:50:
Yeah, just checked it out in 4K on mah big screen TV, wowsers!

So with today's new fangled cards and TV is it easier to stream from PC to TV?

Ya, you put an HDMI cable from your TV to your PC, use it as a monitor.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

16. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 17, 2019, 17:07 chickenboo

Dunkirk wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 14:10:
I couldn't even be bothered to finish the first one. For all the unmitigated hype over the thing, I found the story missions to be tedious and annoyingly Quicktime-like. Here, chase this purse thief all over town for no reason. Or, here make this shot or lasso on a dime. Oops! You suck! Try 2 or 3 or 6 times. I finally just gave up after one of the chase scenes where I didn't get the bad guys in time, and the train rolled into town. Oh, I'm sorry, Rockstar! You limited the speed of my horse arbitrarily, and put me on an invisible clock. Excellent work. I tweeted many, many of these frustrations at them.

There's a really great hunting game in there. I thoroughly enjoyed unlocking all of the outfits. Except that one time a cougar literally spawned 10 feet in front of my horse. DEAD...

Unlocking the gear, though? Yeah, right. I destroyed a controller over the second phase of the knife game. Screw that noise.

I suppose what's so unbelievably frustrating about the game to me is that you're just cruising along, minding your own business, having a good time, and then WHAM! DEAD! I guess the GTA games are like this? I wouldn't know; I never played any of them. Anyway, I'm not paying another $100 for a second version of this nonsense. I feel like Rockstar is thanking me for my money, but saying that I'm just not good enough to get the full $100 of game. Sorry. Thanks. Have a nice day.

GTA V is SO like this. You're minding your own business driving to a mission when you hit a pedestrian and a deer/squirrel/dog sees you do it and immediately you have a wanted star, then trying to evade the police you catch a second wanted star, and then you either have to die, give up, or drive all the way back to your house to wait for the stars to disappear. It's really annoying.

15. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 17, 2019, 14:18 Fion

I have it on PS4, but I've not played very far into it. I basically just did lots of side-activities and a little of the main story and eventually got bored lol.

I'll wait about six months so that the mod tools are out and some modders have dramatically improved the most annoying part of the game - the UI lol.

14. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 17, 2019, 14:10 Dunkirk

I couldn't even be bothered to finish the first one. For all the unmitigated hype over the thing, I found the story missions to be tedious and annoyingly Quicktime-like. Here, chase this purse thief all over town for no reason. Or, here make this shot or lasso on a dime. Oops! You suck! Try 2 or 3 or 6 times. I finally just gave up after one of the chase scenes where I didn't get the bad guys in time, and the train rolled into town. Oh, I'm sorry, Rockstar! You limited the speed of my horse arbitrarily, and put me on an invisible clock. Excellent work. I tweeted many, many of these frustrations at them.

There's a really great hunting game in there. I thoroughly enjoyed unlocking all of the outfits. Except that one time a cougar literally spawned 10 feet in front of my horse. DEAD...

Unlocking the gear, though? Yeah, right. I destroyed a controller over the second phase of the knife game. Screw that noise.

I suppose what's so unbelievably frustrating about the game to me is that you're just cruising along, minding your own business, having a good time, and then WHAM! DEAD! I guess the GTA games are like this? I wouldn't know; I never played any of them. Anyway, I'm not paying another $100 for a second version of this nonsense. I feel like Rockstar is thanking me for my money, but saying that I'm just not good enough to get the full $100 of game. Sorry. Thanks. Have a nice day.

Acts 17:28 - "For in Him we live, and move, and have our being."

13. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 17, 2019, 13:50 Cutter

Yeah, just checked it out in 4K on mah big screen TV, wowsers!

So with today's new fangled cards and TV is it easier to stream from PC to TV?

12. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 17, 2019, 13:47 jacobvandy

Xero wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 13:33:
This looks different though. I probably won't have to worry about helicopters chasing after me

No helos, but the law is just as relentless in the old west (plus bounty hunters if you lean dark side in general). Don't start shit outside of scripted missions until you know what you're doing, unless you want a swift kick in the ass.

In terms of distractions, though, this game has a lot of them. Especially if you enjoy survival games, living off the land and such. The hunting and fishing are both as well done as just about any standalone game dedicated to those pursuits.

11. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 17, 2019, 13:33 Xero

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 12:47:
Xero wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 11:20:
I'm interested to pick this up based on all the hype and reviews. Never played the first. I'm only worried I fall into the same trap I always find myself with GTA games. In that they are so big and there is so much to do that you forget to focus on the main quest until boredom finally settles in and I don't care and end up giving up.

I know this doesn't happen to everyone but it happened to me in GTA 3,4, and 5.

Didn't happen to me in GTA V at all. None of the side activities really interested me and the controls on PC were gawdawful for most of those retarded "mini games". What else is there "so much to do"? Drive around the city and look for stunt jumps? Yawn.

I found it easy enough to focus on the main story since Michael and Trevor were actually entertaining (didn't care much for Franklin because the black gangstah stereotype is overdone imo). I also did some of the side missions with the paparazzi, Michael's movie director side missions and stuff like that but it did not really detract too much from the main missions.

It took me a little over 40 hours to finish GTA V story missions plus most of the side missions I happened across. I never did any of the imo pointless side activities. I might have spent 20 minutes with the stupid tennis game which was major failshit with mouse/keyboard.

I will probably do the same with RDR2 and just focus mostly on the main plot. I won't buy it until it's €19.99 or so though. Fucking R* doesn't deserve to be rewarded for treating PC gamers like lepers.

It wasn't even much the mini games or anything. I just get distracted so easy. It's like 1 second I'm heading over to proceed with story/mission, the next I'm being chased by the entire police department to the point where I eventually kill myself in a bad car accident or something and don't feel like trying again to get to that mission start, lol.

This looks different though. I probably won't have to worry about helicopters chasing after me

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Trine 4

10. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 17, 2019, 13:11 Bumpy

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 12:47:
I won't buy it until it's €19.99 or so though. Fucking R* doesn't deserve to be rewarded for treating PC gamers like lepers.

Agree totally.

Over the years biased delayed PC releases have force taught me patience. Any Epic exclusive and delay like this can go pound sand until they are dirt cheap.

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >