Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 18:47 NKD

D-Rock wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 13:28:

Difficult, or just sick of hearing about all this unproductive crap? Equality does not mean making someone's life more difficult just because they are a majority race+gender. The demonizing of the white Christian male is getting old really fast and it doesn't help any demographic. There's been plenty of progress made within the last decade. If people don't stop to enjoy that progress and be happy about it -- then they will never be happy -- just angry all the time. At what point is the mission accomplished?

You know, most of the people "demonizing white males" are just other white people like myself taking the piss out of thin-skinned crybabies who are insecure and somehow diminished by admitting that being white comes with a lot of perks.

Why would that even bother you? I've had zero problems in my four decades on this Earth that can be blamed on being a white male, or were even tangentially related to being a white male. There are probably zero black people in this country who can say the same.

The fact that so many people here seem to think "YOU CAN HAVE PROBLEMS AS A WHITE PERSON TOO" is some kind of counter-argument shows that people are ignorant and just don't get it. Life as a white person isn't all rainbows and unicorns, but black people have all the same problems we do, and more.

Another telltale sign that we still have some problems in this area: Any time a minority says something about how they are treated in this country, you guys come out of the woodwork telling them to shut up, or simply that you don't give a shit.

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 17:32 VoodooV

Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 17:29:
What's the point of articles like this? I still have no idea what it means and never will. And they have zero idea of the reality of being anything other than what they are. The only major difference is that they harbor this illusion that being a white male means you have zero problems and everything is just handed to you on a silver platter, by your servants, in the mansion you obviously live in.

Eddie Murphy nailed in his "White Like Me" sketch all the way back in 1984, yet none of today's snowflakes can grasp something so simple. Either that or they do get it and simply choose to be outraged. I think they're not happy unless they're miserable and can make everyone else miserable with them. Hi and welcome to life...which isn't fair.

Where does it say white males have zero problems? The fact remains that our experiences are grossly uneven due to racial/gender/orientation distinctions. Last I checked, having less problems is still preferable to having more problems.

23. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 17:29 Cutter

What's the point of articles like this? I still have no idea what it means and never will. And they have zero idea of the reality of being anything other than what they are. The only major difference is that they harbor this illusion that being a white male means you have zero problems and everything is just handed to you on a silver platter, by your servants, in the mansion you obviously live in.

Eddie Murphy nailed in his "White Like Me" sketch all the way back in 1984, yet none of today's snowflakes can grasp something so simple. Either that or they do get it and simply choose to be outraged. I think they're not happy unless they're miserable and can make everyone else miserable with them. Hi and welcome to life...which isn't fair.

22. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 17:21 VoodooV

Bodolza wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 15:40:
I was pretty surprised when playing Star Wars BF2 that only the skins for white guys were unlocked by default. You actually had to spend "credits" to unlock the Black or Asian skins. And this is in a game released by a major studio in the last couple of years.

I'm of the opinion that the majority of racism out there is subconscious and/or unintentional. Sure, there is a rise of blatant, open racism, but the sort of thing you're describing makes me think that's whats going on. I doubt anyone was actually consciously thinking "hey lets give everyone the skins for the white guys by default" It just...happened.

The concept of equality is still pretty new historically speaking. Our brains are still wired to fear the other. You can't just erase that overnight.

21. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 17:08 Beamer

D-Rock wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 15:02:
Beamer wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 14:47:

You make yourself a victim here all the time.

Remember when you said that the only thing keeping you from committing suicide or homicide is the ability to call 14 year olds the F word?

Class act, sir. As always.

You are quite the class act yourself sir. You 'act' classy all the time but fool no one except yourself.

You pull out the whataboutism only when it fits your agenda and I'm calling that BS out. Stay on topic.

It's on topic. Read that guy's history - he's always convinced someone is out to ruin his fun, without acknowledging that his fun is literally ruining the fun of everyone else.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

20. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 16:43 RedEye9

D-Rock wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 14:08:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 14:01:
As long as people like yourself exist it will never be mission accomplished.

Can you elaborate on that? What type of person are you claiming I am?
Well for starters your post screams SNOWFLAKE. That combined with how fragile you sound sums up the rest.
Exactly how is the poor disenfranchised white Christian male being harmed. You must have several examples that you've experienced in your life where being any other color would have automatically vaulted you into a prominent position.
Get a grip.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

19. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 15:40 Bodolza

I was pretty surprised when playing Star Wars BF2 that only the skins for white guys were unlocked by default. You actually had to spend "credits" to unlock the Black or Asian skins. And this is in a game released by a major studio in the last couple of years.  

18. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 15:02 D-Rock

Beamer wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 14:47:

Remember when you said that the only thing keeping you from committing suicide or homicide is the ability to call 14 year olds the F word?

You are quite the class act yourself sir. You 'act' classy all the time but fool no one except yourself.

You pull out the whataboutism only when it fits your agenda and I'm calling that BS out. Stay on topic.

17. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 14:47 Beamer

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 13:53:
Can I be part of the special victim club too?
I am part brown (North Africa) and my ancestors were hunted and prosecuted like animals: Huguenots.

Seriously, this dividing is taking forms that I thought would have ceased in the mid 20th century... Right now its actually much worse than back then. And the goals of the "morally/racial superior" ones seem to be similar again.

-------------

16. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 14:34 D-Rock

Rectal Prolapse wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 14:28:
Redeye is the wokest of the woke, which makes him superior to all of you, including myself.

Ironic that he has decided to be a member of the "elite" versus help wake me up. I guess I'm not worthy of the education.

15. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 14:28 Rectal Prolapse

D-Rock wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 14:08:

The wrong side of history kind of person, I bet! Redeye is the wokest of the woke, which makes him superior to all of you, including myself. His slam intersectional poetry is the best example of humankind's greatest achievements.

My tears are flowing as I type this. All hail the Epic Game Store!

14. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 14:08 D-Rock

13. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 14:01 RedEye9

D-Rock wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 13:28:
NKD wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 11:56:
My new favorite subreddit is /r/fragilewhiteredditor

Seriously -- that's your favorite? Trust me, there are better ones out there. Don't waste your time.

It's fucking hilarious. Post after post highlighting people who are talking about how difficult it is to be a straight white man.

Difficult, or just sick of hearing about all this unproductive crap? Equality does not mean making someone's life more difficult just because they are a majority race+gender. The demonizing of the white Christian male is getting old really fast and it doesn't help any demographic. There's been plenty of progress made within the last decade. If people don't stop to enjoy that progress and be happy about it -- then they will never be happy -- just angry all the time. At what point is the mission accomplished?

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

12. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 13:53 Muscular Beaver

Can I be part of the special victim club too?
I am part brown (North Africa) and my ancestors were hunted and prosecuted like animals: Huguenots.

Seriously, this dividing is taking forms that I thought would have ceased in the mid 20th century... Right now its actually much worse than back then. And the goals of the "morally/racial superior" ones seem to be similar again.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

11. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 13:28 D-Rock

Seriously -- that's your favorite? Trust me, there are better ones out there. Don't waste your time.

It's fucking hilarious. Post after post highlighting people who are talking about how difficult it is to be a straight white man.

10. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 13:00 Luke

Nothing but attention seeking low mind's  

9. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 12:45 RedEye9

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 11:45:
Here come the sufferers of White Fragility syndrome in 3 .. 2 .. one.

those are classics
Thanks for that.

8. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 12:37 Beamer

Icewind wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 12:23:
Well, it's mainly been a white hobby anyway, admit it or not. In the 80s and 90s it was far more expensive to be into computers and computer gaming, and the barrier for entry was high since to learn about it enough to be able to follow it, you needed either a family willing to spend the money to get you into it or you needed to be going to a decent suburban school with good funding that had computer courses in their curriculum.

Problem with the hobby - and this ruins every hobby eventually - is that it gets easy enough for the mainstream to hop into and after that, you have companies catering to the easily satisfied new mainstream entrants and yet still see those same new people whine about how the hobby isn't made for them/catering to them.

Still, it's funny to see them whine and bitch when they write 5,000 word articles about how Dark Souls has no black people in it or you can't romance a fat gay woman in Witcher 3.

Or, the opposite, there are entire sureddits with hundreds of thousands of active users dedicated to crying about how games aren't made exclusively for them, with claims that any non-straight, non-white, non-male is "shoe-horned."

-------------

7. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 12:23 Icewind

Well, it's mainly been a white hobby anyway, admit it or not. In the 80s and 90s it was far more expensive to be into computers and computer gaming, and the barrier for entry was high since to learn about it enough to be able to follow it, you needed either a family willing to spend the money to get you into it or you needed to be going to a decent suburban school with good funding that had computer courses in their curriculum.

Problem with the hobby - and this ruins every hobby eventually - is that it gets easy enough for the mainstream to hop into and after that, you have companies catering to the easily satisfied new mainstream entrants and yet still see those same new people whine about how the hobby isn't made for them/catering to them.

Still, it's funny to see them whine and bitch when they write 5,000 word articles about how Dark Souls has no black people in it or you can't romance a fat gay woman in Witcher 3.

6. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 12:10 Rectal Prolapse

Where's the Asian equivalent? I guess they're too busy doing the work to post their POV.

(Oh, I see a mixed-race one hmmm...)

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >