Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Fortnite Apocalypse

#FortniteBlackout is currently trending on Twitter as the game world in Fortnite imploded into a black hole yesterday. In its wake this cataclysm left a minigame playable by entering the Konami code as well as a coded message that's being furiously analyzed in places like Fortnite INTEL (thanks PCGamesN) and Reddit. A recent leak suggested Fortnite Chapter 2 will bring a new map to the battle royale shooter, and this tweet says this may be getting underway on October 15th, which begins in a couple of hours in China (thanks WCCFTECH). Something is afoot, as a Fortnite livestream that began 20 hours ago is still underway, though there's not much happening at the moment.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 19:47 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 16:41:
Byte wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 16:38:
Initially was a cool PR Stunt, but based on the amount of streamers who were ...don't give a fuck.
McDonalds is always hiring.

Yup. The cash registers have pictures of food in the shape of icons to make the transition easy.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 17:04 Osc8r

It's pretty amazing what they can do within the Unreal engine these days...some of these event's in game are pretty damn awesome.

Pepe wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 16:20:
not like blizzard did something similar when classic beta ended 15+ years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNBG-YxaSF4

Meh, Asheron's Call did that way back in 99.

Come on, we all know Blizzard don't come up with new ideas!

16. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 16:41 RedEye9

Byte wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 16:38:
Initially was a cool PR Stunt, but based on the amount of streamers who were ...don't give a fuck.
McDonalds is always hiring.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

15. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 16:38 Byte

Initially was a cool PR Stunt, but based on the amount of streamers who were visibly frustrated that their life blood was a black hole for the foreseeable day, was telling that it may have been too much.

14. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 16:25 jacobvandy

The Pyro wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 15:16:
Forgive my Fortnite ignorance, but is a new map really that exciting? The shooters I used to play had dozens of multiplayer maps, and fans were constantly pumping out new arenas. Inevitably the fan-created stuff would eventually equal or surpass the quality of official maps.

A battle royale map is usually several square kilometers in size with considerations for vehicles, players spawning and looting anywhere, and then everyone migrating across the map to eventually collide in a small space about 100m in diameter. With all the unique terrain and locations spread throughout, they're like 30 or 40 standard deathmatch arenas stitched together into a giant, cohesive landmass.

13. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 16:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

NKD wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 16:03:
Have never played Fortnite before. Maybe I'll check it out once its going again, assuming I don't get run out of there by a horde of 6 year olds.

Probably the 15-25 year old semi-pros and pros, but yes.

12. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 16:20 Pepe

not like blizzard did something similar when classic beta ended 15+ years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNBG-YxaSF4

11. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 16:03 NKD

Have never played Fortnite before. Maybe I'll check it out once its going again, assuming I don't get run out of there by a horde of 6 year olds.  

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

10. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 15:55 Creston

The Pyro wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 15:16:
Forgive my Fortnite ignorance, but is a new map really that exciting?

It seems it's a lot more than just a new map.

9. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 15:16 The Pyro

Forgive my Fortnite ignorance, but is a new map really that exciting? The shooters I used to play had dozens of multiplayer maps, and fans were constantly pumping out new arenas. Inevitably the fan-created stuff would eventually equal or surpass the quality of official maps.  

8. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 15:01 RedEye9

Elon Musk bought Fortnite to save the kiddies from eternal virginity.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

7. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 14:55 Cutter

Credit where credit is due, that's a great PR stunt. Whoever came up with that deserves a dump truck full of money.

6. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 14:23 [SC]TherMight

Genius, if developers did it to do a major upgrade.

Question though Weren't people pissed off trying to get the last 2 days of achievements and grinding done for the end of the season?
(assuming this end-season crunch exists in Fortnite since it does in most games)

5. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 13:43 Luke

Yeah......guess people have to much time sooo let's make a trendy....shet  

4. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 13:23 RedEye9

A gaggle of young boys invaded my coffee shop yesterday afternoon. Now i know why.  

3. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 13:16 Creston

Choachy wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 13:08:
I don't play Fortnite (I've tried it, but I suck at building), but put your opinions aside...This is a pretty cool event. They've gone outside the box, IMO, and have drawn attention, tons of press, lots of theories, etc. I'm entertained by it and am looking forward to see what they reveal.

Yeah I thought it was pretty cool. I imagine it'll lead to a completely new map or something.

2. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 13:08 Choachy

I don't play Fortnite (I've tried it, but I suck at building), but put your opinions aside...This is a pretty cool event. They've gone outside the box, IMO, and have drawn attention, tons of press, lots of theories, etc. I'm entertained by it and am looking forward to see what they reveal.  

1. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 12:22 El Pit

I've seen 13 year old boys weaving in front of their parents' houses, pale, obviously stunned by the sunlight that is unknown to them. I've heard about YouTube streamers being so desperate that they even consider looking for REAL WORK! I've seen dogs and cats living together, rivers and seas boiling, brimstone coming down from the skies! And I knew this is either Judgment Day... or the Fortnite servers went down, so the zombie kids suddenly got a heartbeat and very basic brain functions back.  

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >