Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program

A job listing from NVIDIA spotted by DSOGaming indicates the company is embarking on a program to supply more games to support their ray tracing video cards by remastering old titles, the way they did with Quake II RTX. Here's what they say about the plan:
NVIDIA is kicking off an exciting new game remastering program. Were cherry-picking some of the greatest titles from the past decades and bringing them into the ray tracing age, giving them state-of-the-art visuals while keeping the gameplay that made them great. The NVIDIA Lightspeed Studios team is picking up the challenge starting with a title that you know and love but we cant talk about here! Were building a team of talented, dedicated game developers who are ready to get going quickly.
View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 13, 2019, 13:10 HorrorScope

Why would anyone have a problem with people wanting to do this?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 13, 2019, 11:22 Avus

Fantaz wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 01:23:
I wouldn't mind even some RTS games like Command & Conquer Generals and Company of Heroes remastered

RTS with RTX implementation sounds stupid, specially a game NEED fog of war implementation. Think about it....

I am not a Mac user unless under duress. - John Carmack

16. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 13, 2019, 08:47 Qbex .

jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 19:12:
System Shock 2
100 times this, also any other slow paced first person game, horrors in particular would benefit from this treatment. My dream list would be : aforementioned SS2, Alien Isolation, Stalker, Thief 1/2 , Deus Ex, Fear games, AvsP, Resi Evil games, Condemned CO

15. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 13, 2019, 05:20 eRe4s3r

Simon Says wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 20:11:
Ozmodan wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 19:57:
Why would anyone want an old game with added RTX when even the current games need a 2080ti to effectively use it?

Because then you don't need a 1500$ GPU to run older titles at acceptable res/fps with directx raytracing enabled. Which is called DXR, I wish people would stop doing what Nvidia wants by saying RTX, which is just a marketing term gimmick, say raytracing or DXR, pretty please? Just like we say shaders instead of some Nvidia marketing term gimmick.

Exactly,and most GPU's from Nvidia, since the 1060 at least, can do DXR... not very quicky since they lack dedicated render units, but still. On old games the performance impact is gonna be nearly zero since no old game is gonna max out a 1070 or 1080

14. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 13, 2019, 01:23 Fantaz

I wouldn't mind even some RTS games like Command & Conquer Generals and Company of Heroes remastered  

13. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 12, 2019, 20:11 Simon Says

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 19:57:
Why would anyone want an old game with added RTX when even the current games need a 2080ti to effectively use it?

Because then you don't need a 1500$ GPU to run older titles at acceptable res/fps with directx raytracing enabled. Which is called DXR, I wish people would stop doing what Nvidia wants by saying RTX, which is just a marketing term gimmick, say raytracing or DXR, pretty please? Just like we say shaders instead of some Nvidia marketing term gimmick.

12. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 12, 2019, 20:03 The Half Elf

Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy plz!  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

11. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 12, 2019, 19:57 Ozmodan

10. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 12, 2019, 19:12 jdreyer

System Shock 2  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

9. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 12, 2019, 18:37 Simon Says

Drayth wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 16:14:
JSP wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 14:59:
I'll be impressed if No One Lives Forever returns via RTX 'remastering'.

THAT should be top of the list of games. RTX disco balls... HOOooooo!

TRON 2.0 could be another interesting one.

The Thief and Splinter Cell series would prime candidates too. Descent would probably be interesting, Mech Warrior serie too. And as well countless others.

Bioshock I'd replay. The entire Dark Souls serie. The Halo serie. Mass Effect serie.

I'd very much like the Witcher 2 and 3 to receive the treatment too.

Same for XCom EU and Xcom 2.

Well, take pretty much any stealth game, games with flashy lasers and colorful light sources as well as overall dark themed games.

I've always been a big fan of revisiting older titles when I upgraded my PC in the past, using mods and every trick in the book to make them shine. I'd welcome the ray-tracing treatment on pretty much every classic.

8. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 12, 2019, 18:36 FloorPie

Avus wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 17:10:
buying the most expensive and latest GPU for decades old games, money well spent...

It just works! To make money for Nvidia. When it isn't dying and putting up space invaders on the screen.

7. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 12, 2019, 17:10 Avus

buying the most expensive and latest GPU for decades old games, money well spent...  

I am not a Mac user unless under duress. - John Carmack

6. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 12, 2019, 16:14 Drayth

JSP wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 14:59:

THAT should be top of the list of games. RTX disco balls... HOOooooo!

TRON 2.0 could be another interesting one.

5. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 12, 2019, 16:11 Simon Says

That's actually a great idea. I'd gladly replay some older titles enhanced with ray-tracing if they also remaster them to use 16:9 and higher resolutions.

4. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 12, 2019, 14:59 JSP

3. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 12, 2019, 14:54 RedEye9

All your older games now with 37% less frames per second.  

If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.

2. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 12, 2019, 14:09 Bill Borre

I hope they can bring back many of the older licensed titles which have lapsed and can't be sold on Steam anymore.  

1. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 12, 2019, 14:05 jdreyer

I would get an RTX card to be able to play a ray traced version of FTL. I hope they convert that one first.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >