Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

PC EARTH DEFENSE FORCE- IRON RAIN Next Week

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN is coming to Windows PCs on October 15th, offering the newest installment in this frenetic third-person shooter series (thanks DSOGaming). The game now has a Steam Listing showing reasonable system requirements. Here's a description of what to expect:
Save the world without hope.
Year 2040. An action TPS where you will become one of the EDF soldiers and fight against the invaders from outer space which ruined the world. In the world settings which differs from the original "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE" series, more than 50 missions in five difficulties await for your challenge.
  • 50+ Missions in Five Difficulties
    The furious battle against the invader Aggressors is full of chaos. Includes 50+ severe missions, where you must fight against gigantic enemy creatures and huge invader weapons in 5 different difficulties.
  • 4 Mobile Soldiers and Weapons
    You will become the legendary mobile soldier which controls 4 different PA Gears, several hundreds weapons, arms and items. Regain hope to human beings.
  • Bring Personality to the Battlefield
    Includes character creation mode. You can select your favorite gender, face, hair style, weight, voice and outfit. You can also change the personality of yourself.
  • Enriched Off-Line and On-Line Mode
    When playing the off-line mode, the split-screen will be supported. Also, when playing the on-line mode, you can co-op with other EDF members around the world.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: PC EARTH DEFENSE FORCE- IRON RAIN Next Week Oct 12, 2019, 11:27 Orogogus

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 09:04:
Orogogus wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 23:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 19:32:
This is not EDF imo... no more Sandlot and D3 Publishing apparently canned Sandlot forcing them to produce DLC for EDF5 while at the same time preventing them from making any updates.

EDF5 isn't even listed on the Sandlot homepage anymore, there must be a reason for that.... and the cause for it is likely the Publisher. So skip.

sandlot.jp
Isn't it right there, the second game?

I haven't heard of Sandlot being let go, and the DLC for EDF 5 is basically the same as that for EDF 4.1 -- nothing in the mission packs or DLC weapons could have taken much time to put together. Do you have a link to news of them being canned?

Unless my Japanese is bad (And it is, but not THAT bad) it says "past projects" With payment and dev cycle starting 2017 and ending 2019. In my interpretation I read it as "dev got canned by the Publisher"

How else you explain
other team with 1 game developed on steam (This one)
UE4 engine
ZERO marketing

Maybe D3 Publishing doesn't have the monies anymore.

Remember, D3 is owned by Bandai Namco

Where are you seeing the past projects, and the mentions of 2017 and 2019? If it's for EDF 5 specifically, I think it would mean that 2017 was the PS4 release and 2019 was the Steam release, and now that game's done.

>How else you explain
>other team with 1 game developed on steam (This one)
>UE4 engine
>ZERO marketing

UE4 and low marketing seem par for the course. I actually saw more marketing for EDF 5 (like, three trailers) than the past games, and I don't think anyone was expecting a more modern engine. A different team releasing an EDF game on Steam isn't unprecedented, either (Insect Armageddon).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: PC EARTH DEFENSE FORCE- IRON RAIN Next Week Oct 12, 2019, 11:01 Creston

ALL CAPITALS IN THE TITLE SO THIS GAME IS SERIOUS BIZNIZ  

4. Re: PC EARTH DEFENSE FORCE- IRON RAIN Next Week Oct 12, 2019, 09:04 eRe4s3r

Orogogus wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 23:27:
This is not EDF imo... no more Sandlot and D3 Publishing apparently canned Sandlot forcing them to produce DLC for EDF5 while at the same time preventing them from making any updates.

EDF5 isn't even listed on the Sandlot homepage anymore, there must be a reason for that.... and the cause for it is likely the Publisher. So skip.

sandlot.jp

I haven't heard of Sandlot being let go, and the DLC for EDF 5 is basically the same as that for EDF 4.1 -- nothing in the mission packs or DLC weapons could have taken much time to put together. Do you have a link to news of them being canned?

Unless my Japanese is bad (And it is, but not THAT bad) it says "past projects" With payment and dev cycle starting 2017 and ending 2019. In my interpretation I read it as "dev got canned by the Publisher"

How else you explain
other team with 1 game developed on steam (This one)
UE4 engine
ZERO marketing

Maybe D3 Publishing doesn't have the monies anymore.

Remember, D3 is owned by Bandai Namco

3. Re: PC EARTH DEFENSE FORCE- IRON RAIN Next Week Oct 11, 2019, 23:27 Orogogus

sandlot.jp

2. Re: PC EARTH DEFENSE FORCE- IRON RAIN Next Week Oct 11, 2019, 21:18 Kxmode

You have no chance to survive make your time.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

1. Re: PC EARTH DEFENSE FORCE- IRON RAIN Next Week Oct 11, 2019, 19:32 eRe4s3r

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >