Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Surviving Mars Free on Epic Games Store

A promised, Surviving Mars is now available as the next free giveaway on the Epic Games Store as the campaign to establish the store's foothold continues. This is free for all who pick it up over the next seven days. As usual, they also take the opportunity to tease the next freebie(s) that will be handed out next Thursday when the current promotion ends, saying these will be Alan Wake's American Nightmare and >observer_. In the meantime, here's a description of Surviving Mars, which supports both Windows and macOS:
Colonize Mars and discover her secrets, with minimal casualties.

Welcome Home! The time has come to stake your claim on the Red Planet and build the first functioning human colonies on Mars! All you need are supplies, oxygen, decades of training, experience with sandstorms, and a can-do attitude to discover the purpose of those weird black cubes that appeared out of nowhere. With a bit of sprucing up, this place is going to be awesome!

Surviving Mars is a sci-fi city builder all about colonizing Mars and surviving the process. Choose a space agency for resources and financial support before determining a location for your colony. Build domes and infrastructure, research new possibilities and utilize drones to unlock more elaborate ways to shape and expand your settlement. Cultivate your own food, mine minerals or just relax by the bar after a hard day’s work. Most important of all, though, is keeping your colonists alive. Not an easy task on a strange new planet.

There will be challenges to overcome. Execute your strategy and improve your colony’s chances of survival while unlocking the mysteries of this alien world. Are you ready? Mars is waiting for you.
View

17. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 11, 2019, 13:35 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 07:52:
Orogogus wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 03:19:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 02:11:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 19:21:
Flatline wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 18:19:
Step One: Give away games
Step Two: ??? Shopping Carts
Step Three: MURDER THE WORLD!

FTFY

Serious question: Why is a shopping cart so important? Do you buy games seven or eight at a time?

I have before, during the bigger Steam sales, and certainly more than one during smaller sales. I know on the Oculus store, another cartless market, I've often wondered why they bother to have themed sales if they don't want people buying more than one game at a time. And when the Origin store finally put the Mass Effect 2 & 3 DLC on sale, I remember thinking, these guys just don't care at all.

If I'm buying from a cartless storefront, and I do want to buy more than one thing, it feels like I'm doing it from some rando's storefront on Geocities, one who apparently hasn't taken notes on what Amazon's been doing in the last twenty-two years or so, rather than a company with Facebook/EA/Fortnite money.
When EGS had 2 freebies at the same time I just doubled up on my meds, had a conference call with my preacher, counselor, therapist, congregation and my psychiatrist and pulled myself up by my bootstraps while moving the mouse and clicking the keyboard.

Only now are the nightmares beginning to fade.

That's nice.

But in all seriousness carts provide an essential convenience to shoppers should they desire to buy more than one item.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 10, 16:33 Re: Surviving Mars Free on Epic Games Store RedEye9
  2. Oct 10, 17:02  Re: Surviving Mars Free on Epic Games Store Bill Borre
  7. Oct 10, 18:54   Re: Surviving Mars Free on Epic Games Store Sepharo
  3. Oct 10, 17:08 Re: Surviving Mars Free on Epic Games Store HorrorScope
  4. Oct 10, 18:19  Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Flatline
  5. Oct 10, 18:21   Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike RedEye9
  9. Oct 10, 19:21   Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Kxmode
  10. Oct 10, 19:24    Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sepharo
  13. Oct 11, 02:11    Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike jdreyer
  14. Oct 11, 03:19     Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Orogogus
  16. Oct 11, 07:52      Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike RedEye9
>> 17. Oct 11, 13:35       Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Kxmode
  12. Oct 10, 23:04   Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike The Half Elf
  15. Oct 11, 07:31    Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike El Pit
  6. Oct 10, 18:39 Re: Surviving Mars Free on Epic Games Store Simon Says
  8. Oct 10, 19:20 Re: Surviving Mars Free on Epic Games Store Kxmode
  11. Oct 10, 20:20 Re: Surviving Mars Free on Epic Games Store jacobvandy