Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Surviving Mars Free on Epic Games Store

A promised, Surviving Mars is now available as the next free giveaway on the Epic Games Store as the campaign to establish the store's foothold continues. This is free for all who pick it up over the next seven days. As usual, they also take the opportunity to tease the next freebie(s) that will be handed out next Thursday when the current promotion ends, saying these will be Alan Wake's American Nightmare and >observer_. In the meantime, here's a description of Surviving Mars, which supports both Windows and macOS:
Colonize Mars and discover her secrets, with minimal casualties.

Welcome Home! The time has come to stake your claim on the Red Planet and build the first functioning human colonies on Mars! All you need are supplies, oxygen, decades of training, experience with sandstorms, and a can-do attitude to discover the purpose of those weird black cubes that appeared out of nowhere. With a bit of sprucing up, this place is going to be awesome!

Surviving Mars is a sci-fi city builder all about colonizing Mars and surviving the process. Choose a space agency for resources and financial support before determining a location for your colony. Build domes and infrastructure, research new possibilities and utilize drones to unlock more elaborate ways to shape and expand your settlement. Cultivate your own food, mine minerals or just relax by the bar after a hard day’s work. Most important of all, though, is keeping your colonists alive. Not an easy task on a strange new planet.

There will be challenges to overcome. Execute your strategy and improve your colony’s chances of survival while unlocking the mysteries of this alien world. Are you ready? Mars is waiting for you.
View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 11, 2019, 13:35 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 07:52:
Orogogus wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 03:19:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 02:11:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 19:21:
Flatline wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 18:19:
Step One: Give away games
Step Two: ??? Shopping Carts
Step Three: MURDER THE WORLD!

FTFY

Serious question: Why is a shopping cart so important? Do you buy games seven or eight at a time?

I have before, during the bigger Steam sales, and certainly more than one during smaller sales. I know on the Oculus store, another cartless market, I've often wondered why they bother to have themed sales if they don't want people buying more than one game at a time. And when the Origin store finally put the Mass Effect 2 & 3 DLC on sale, I remember thinking, these guys just don't care at all.

If I'm buying from a cartless storefront, and I do want to buy more than one thing, it feels like I'm doing it from some rando's storefront on Geocities, one who apparently hasn't taken notes on what Amazon's been doing in the last twenty-two years or so, rather than a company with Facebook/EA/Fortnite money.
When EGS had 2 freebies at the same time I just doubled up on my meds, had a conference call with my preacher, counselor, therapist, congregation and my psychiatrist and pulled myself up by my bootstraps while moving the mouse and clicking the keyboard.

Only now are the nightmares beginning to fade.

That's nice.

But in all seriousness carts provide an essential convenience to shoppers should they desire to buy more than one item.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 11, 2019, 07:52 RedEye9

Orogogus wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 03:19:

FTFY

Serious question: Why is a shopping cart so important? Do you buy games seven or eight at a time?

I have before, during the bigger Steam sales, and certainly more than one during smaller sales. I know on the Oculus store, another cartless market, I've often wondered why they bother to have themed sales if they don't want people buying more than one game at a time. And when the Origin store finally put the Mass Effect 2 & 3 DLC on sale, I remember thinking, these guys just don't care at all.

If I'm buying from a cartless storefront, and I do want to buy more than one thing, it feels like I'm doing it from some rando's storefront on Geocities, one who apparently hasn't taken notes on what Amazon's been doing in the last twenty-two years or so, rather than a company with Facebook/EA/Fortnite money.
When EGS had 2 freebies at the same time I just doubled up on my meds, had a conference call with my preacher, counselor, therapist, congregation and my psychiatrist and pulled myself up by my bootstraps while moving the mouse and clicking the keyboard.

Only now are the nightmares beginning to fade.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

15. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 11, 2019, 07:31 El Pit

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 23:04:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 17:08:
After this week, now I feel this deal has China's grubby hands in it, putting us to sleep before the coup de grace.

It all makes sense now! China will win the trade wars with Trump by... giving free games away on EGS...

Step Two: ???

But I don't wanna be murdered

NOT EVEN FOR FREE GAMES?! Wtf

C'moooon, follow us to the white van for some free sweets! Dunce

Honestly, I got no problem with Epic games store. All publicly owned companies sold shares to other companies and people you don't know about and don't WANT to know about. Money goes to good and evil people - directly or indirectly. This is how our world works.

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

14. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 11, 2019, 03:19 Orogogus

FTFY

13. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 11, 2019, 02:11 jdreyer

FTFY

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

12. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 10, 2019, 23:04 The Half Elf

After this week, now I feel this deal has China's grubby hands in it, putting us to sleep before the coup de grace.

It all makes sense now! China will win the trade wars with Trump by... giving free games away on EGS...

But I don't wanna be murdered

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

11. Re: Surviving Mars Free on Epic Games Store Oct 10, 2019, 20:20 jacobvandy

There are also a couple of free DLCs, if you don't mind loading up Steam to be able to read their full descriptions and see if they're worth more individual check-out processes. E.g.:

Surviving Mars: Space Race
Citizens unite! The race to stake your place in space has begun. Surviving Mars: Space Race, the first major expansion from the survival management game Surviving Mars, is blasting off with a...

WITH A WHAT, TIM?

10. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 10, 2019, 19:24 Sepharo

Now fix the old subject line he's been using since June  

9. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 10, 2019, 19:21 Kxmode

FTFY

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

8. Re: Surviving Mars Free on Epic Games Store Oct 10, 2019, 19:20 Kxmode

Glad to be back to this issue.  

7. Re: Surviving Mars Free on Epic Games Store Oct 10, 2019, 18:54 Sepharo

Bill Borre wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 17:02:
Glad to see they're offering Observer next week. I was thinking of picking that up on the Steam sale and now Epic is saving me a few bucks.

Observer is really good. You should pay money for it and support those dudes

6. Re: Surviving Mars Free on Epic Games Store Oct 10, 2019, 18:39 Simon Says

Played it a few months ago. Very fun, but sadly, unlike the games I really enjoy, it only gets easier as the game progresses. :/

I tried modding it to make it easier early game and harder late game, it was a complete failure.

Still, GLHF.

5. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 10, 2019, 18:21 RedEye9

Step Two: ??? Put us to sleep
ftfy

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

4. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 10, 2019, 18:19 Flatline

3. Re: Surviving Mars Free on Epic Games Store Oct 10, 2019, 17:08 HorrorScope

2. Re: Surviving Mars Free on Epic Games Store Oct 10, 2019, 17:02 Bill Borre

Glad to see they're offering Observer next week. I was thinking of picking that up on the Steam sale and now Epic is saving me a few bucks.  

1. Re: Surviving Mars Free on Epic Games Store Oct 10, 2019, 16:33 RedEye9

Guess what i did last summer.
Snagged

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >