Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 18:01 Proudfoot

You aren't missing much. One terribly shallow, but shiny, game.

Visual bells whistles don't cover the boring systems it uses for 'gameplay.'

Find marker, trigger a bunch of nonsensical chatter from invisible NPCs in your ear, kill waves of bad guys, get loot. Repeat.

Random dungeon (forced, cant solo) group I did was ok, but Unreal Tournament did all of this gameplay better. Only difference is now you can play dressup.

Just my thoughts.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 17:54 jdreyer

Does no one wish to discuss the Dragon Age sex scenes?  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

19. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 17:40 jdreyer

Avus wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 11:31:
Bungie CEO and staff should feel extremely pleased that their company out of Activison/Blizzard at the right moment....
It remains to be seen if they can sustain their Independence long term. Those are the players on the free version, after all.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

18. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 17:39 RedEye9

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 17:08:
I have elected to just say "fuck it" and uninstall Destiny 2. I have already wasted too much time on a "free" game.
quitter, now be sure and leave a scathing review. Wink Grin

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

17. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 17:08 Burrito of Peace

I have elected to just say "fuck it" and uninstall Destiny 2. I have already wasted too much time on a "free" game.  

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

16. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 16:13 Avus

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 13:16:
Bungie CEO and staff should feel extremely pleased that their company out of Activision/Blizzard at the right moment....

Why? Do you have comparison numbers from B.net? Do you know how many peak simultaneous players Destiny 2 had on B.net until the move?

Why? Because people are leaving other Activision/Blizzard products (many even cancel Bnet account) because of this and you think Destiny 2 will not be part of the collateral damage if it is still in Activision?

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

15. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 14:41 RedEye9

I know you've done everything but I'm freaking out man. not really

When I start D2, Windows sets the Application volume for D2 to zero.
So to fix it, after starting D2, alt+tab and right click your sound icon in the bottom right corner (for me it's called Realtek HD sound manager) then click Volume Control. Once there, pull up the D2 volume
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/236808174

This is really annoying! I have to disable my mic in Windows to hear audio.
and several more suggestions (not all of them crazy)
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/236527613

Had this issue and what fixed it for me was setting my headset to the default communications device under your playback devices settings. Just right click the audio icon in your taskbar tray and click playback devices. Right-click on your headset and click Set as Default Communications Device. https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/237055534

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

14. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 14:24 RedEye9

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 14:15:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 13:39:
Game on Intel/Nvidia. I'll be here all week folks.

Wow, if you can't get something working I'mma gonna say it's a real problem. My only other suggestion would be to uninstall the headset software.

Shit, I'd buy a Sony product before I went back to Intel or Nvidia at the moment.

The headset doesn't have software. It presents itself to the OS (be it Windows or Linux) as an audio interface device and handles everything in its own DAC. It's a HyperX Cloud headset so the only thing that Windows needs is drivers which it already has because it's just an interface to the OS.

Tried different USB ports (all of which on my system are 3.0) and the issue remains so I know it is not a port issue either.

Destiny 2 is just fucked. Oh, for gits and shiggles, I tried a set of wired stereo headphones and the problem persists there, too. That's on the ALC1220 chipset, completely independent from the HyperX headset. Unplugged the headset, too, to remove that variable.
That's gonna drive me nuts.
I shall now channel my inner Dell tech support.
"Please put the Factory Restore disc in the cdrom and restart your computer. Press F11 when the Dell logo appears"...

13. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 14:15 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 13:39:

Wow, if you can't get something working I'mma gonna say it's a real problem. My only other suggestion would be to uninstall the headset software.

Shit, I'd buy a Sony product before I went back to Intel or Nvidia at the moment.

The headset doesn't have software. It presents itself to the OS (be it Windows or Linux) as an audio interface device and handles everything in its own DAC. It's a HyperX Cloud headset so the only thing that Windows needs is drivers which it already has because it's just an interface to the OS.

Tried different USB ports (all of which on my system are 3.0) and the issue remains so I know it is not a port issue either.

Destiny 2 is just fucked. Oh, for gits and shiggles, I tried a set of wired stereo headphones and the problem persists there, too. That's on the ALC1220 chipset, completely independent from the HyperX headset. Unplugged the headset, too, to remove that variable.

12. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 13:39 RedEye9

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 13:35:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 13:27:
Game on Windows...

That *was* on Windows! That's the funny part!

11. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 13:35 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 13:27:
Game on Windows...

That *was* on Windows! That's the funny part!

10. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 13:27 RedEye9

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 13:20:
As I posted, Destiny is the only application this is happening with. The audio stack itself is fine as many other applications do not have the problem.
Game on Windows and not some devil worshipping simutaneous simulation
Almost forgot; headset firmware

9. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 13:20 Burrito of Peace

As I posted, Destiny is the only application this is happening with. The audio stack itself is fine as many other applications do not have the problem.  

8. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 13:18 RedEye9

I realize it's just the game audio but here is this from last month.
Microsoft Suggests Workaround for Broken Windows 10 Audio (Updated)

7. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 13:16 CJ_Parker

Bungie CEO and staff should feel extremely pleased that their company out of Activison/Blizzard at the right moment....

Why? Do you have comparison numbers from B.net? Do you know how many peak simultaneous players Destiny 2 had on B.net until the move?

6. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 10, 2019, 13:09 Flatline

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 12:31:
I tried Destiny on the PC last night. It lasted all of five minutes. The reason for that is after five minutes, Destiny decided that I was no longer worthy of hearing any audio in game. Zero. Other games work fine. A quick search shows that this is far from an isolated problem.

Tried verifying files, no joy...no problems found.
Headset is on the latest firmware.
Jiggering with audio did fuckall.

Guess I won't be playing Destiny.

Might not be Destiny. There's some new windows patch that has nuked HP systems at work and prevented them from having any audio work so *shrugs*. Lotsa variables.

5. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 10, 2019, 13:02 Pr()ZaC

Works fine here. No headset.
You are just not worthy.

4. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 10, 2019, 12:44 RedEye9

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 12:31:
I tried Destiny on the PC last night. It lasted all of five minutes. The reason for that is after five minutes, Destiny decided that I was no longer worthy of hearing any audio in game. Zero. Other games work fine. A quick search shows that this is far from an isolated problem.

I read your post and immediately identified the problem in two words. headset firmware
Now whether that's the issue or not, it's the one I'm choosing and that's my final answer.

3. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 10, 2019, 12:31 Burrito of Peace

2. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 10, 2019, 11:46 Flatline

Agreed. We'll see if the new revenue model works for them but between crossplay and the New Light version, I think they'll eventually see more revenue. The up shot is that they've shown that the microtransaction store actually is supplemental, in that the exotic quests that drop here and there have been paid for by cosmetic purchases.

Also, the numbers probably should be more fluid these days since in theory you can take your toon to PC and back to console pretty easily.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >