Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Specs

The listing on Origin for STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order includes system specifications for this upcoming single-player action game (thanks DSOGaming). It goes without saying that using the Force is required, but this also details hardware requirements, including a whopping 32 GB of RAM in the recommended specs. Here they are:

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

64-bit Windows 7/8.1/10
Processor (AMD): FX-6100 or Equivalent
Processor (Intel): i3-3220 or Equivalent
Memory: 8 GB
Graphics card (AMD): Radeon HD 7750 or Equivalent
Graphics card (NVIDIA): GeForce GTX 650 or Equivalent
DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
Hard-drive space: 55 GB

RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS

64-bit Windows 7/8.1/10
Processor (AMD): Ryzen 7 1700 or Equivalent
Processor (Intel): i7-6700K or Equivalent
Memory: 32 GB
Graphics card (AMD): RX Vega 56 or Equivalent
Graphics card (NVIDIA): GTX 1070 or Equivalent
DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
Hard-drive space: 55 GB

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Specs Oct 10, 2019, 02:28 MattyC

NKD wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 09:44:
MattyC wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 01:33:
NKD wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 01:16:
32GB pretty steep heh. That's what I have and its the max my Mini-ITX motherboard will take.

Just curious, but how is that limit hit? I mean you can find 32+ GB sticks easily now, is it a 1 slot mobo? I haven't messed with mini

That does seem a silly high requirement (yes, even recommended) to me too. I have 32 on my current home server, but the only way I ever use near that is virtualization. On my desktop, I can't think of anything I own that even uses all of its 16GB.

2 Slots, but it doesn't support 32GB sticks, at least not according to manufacturer.

Interesting. I guess that just goes with the mini-ITX territory? Last time I messed with anything micro it was the Shuttle XPC Cube cases, with whatever mobo came with them in the Pentium D days. That thing ruined micro for me. With even a casual level video card in it, it would constantly hit temp warnings.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Specs Oct 9, 2019, 09:44 NKD

32GB pretty steep heh. That's what I have and its the max my Mini-ITX motherboard will take.

Just curious, but how is that limit hit? I mean you can find 32+ GB sticks easily now, is it a 1 slot mobo? I haven't messed with mini

That does seem a silly high requirement (yes, even recommended) to me too. I have 32 on my current home server, but the only way I ever use near that is virtualization. On my desktop, I can't think of anything I own that even uses all of its 16GB.

2 Slots, but it doesn't support 32GB sticks, at least not according to manufacturer.

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

9. Re: STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Specs Oct 9, 2019, 08:41 Wallshadows

Depends on the generation and model so without knowing more details that could be why.

8. Re: STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Specs Oct 9, 2019, 06:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I do have 32GB in the desktop, but my aging comp will probably barely run this. Sale list it is.

7. Re: STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Specs Oct 9, 2019, 06:22 Burrito of Peace

<Laughs in 64GB>  

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

6. Re: STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Specs Oct 9, 2019, 04:53 Orogogus

EA reduced it to 16 GB earlier, but now the requirements just say "Coming Soon".  

5. Re: STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Specs Oct 9, 2019, 01:33 MattyC

4. Re: STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Specs Oct 9, 2019, 01:16 NKD

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

3. Re: STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Specs Oct 9, 2019, 01:14 Slick

I've already played the game, it looks good but it's UE4 as mentioned, so prepare for a slideshow on anything less than recommended probably.  

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

2. Re: STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Specs Oct 8, 2019, 19:53 Wallshadows

We've updated our #JediFallenOrder Recommended Specs to now be 16GB RAM and not the previously listed 32GB.

Source

Seeing as how it's an open world game which uses UE4 it doesn't surprise me that it'd be a bit if a pig when it comes to memory.

1. Re: STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Specs Oct 8, 2019, 19:23 Ozmodan

The only reason for needed 32gb of ram is horrendous optimization. Big pass for me even though I do like Star Wars games.  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo