Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

John Wick Hex Released

John Wick Hex is now available for Windows and macOS on the Epic Games Store, offering a stylized strategy shooter based on the stylized action movies. You can check out some of that style in the Launch Walkthrough Video and read on for more on the game:

Developed by the acclaimed Bithell Games (Volume, Thomas Was Alone), John Wick Hex is fight-choreographed chess brought to life as an action-oriented timeline strategy game, capturing the series’ signature gun fu fun and style. It expands on the series’ universe with an original storyline, unique graphic noir art design, and the world-class voice talents of Ian McShane and Lance Reddick, reprising their revered roles from the films, and Troy Baker as the titular antagonist, Hex.

John Wick Hex includes a riveting original score composed by Grammy nominated composer, Austin Wintory (Journey, Flow, the Banner Saga series).

Created in close cooperation with the creative and stunt teams behind Lionsgate’s hit franchise, every move in John Wick Hex hits like a scene from the movies, letting you feel like the legendary assassin himself. Each action you choose has risks and consequences, and every weapon changes the tactics at hand. Ammo is finite and realistically simulated, so time your reloads and make each decision count.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 10, 2019, 04:21 licensedsaucer9

I got it during the "fortnite"-sale some time back and have played a couple of hours.

It's a good enough puzzle-shooter. It's simple in every aspect, but for me everything has worked well and been intuitive.

I'm not a huge fan of the movies, but I liked the style of the game and that's why I got it. It has elements of superhot ape out and my friend pedro, but is definitely not very similar to any of those games.

Most of all it is fairly relaxing step-by-step action (with more focus on step-by-step than action) game in a fairly interesting setting. Art style carries it for me.

My main criticism is that the game (so far a couple of hours in) doesn't do a very good job of making you feel bad ass, which makes it sort of miss the mark a bit.

All in all I am enjoying it.

Disclaimer: I may have had a brewski while playing...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 9, 2019, 06:32 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 19:16:
Well.. you do buy AMD.

Power to the people!

Numinar wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 23:34:
If hardware utilisation is your benchmark for quality then you are in luck. I there is some good free benchmark and stress test software for your... enjoyment.

Superposition was actually pretty badass to watch. On a more serious note, the first thing I did after building this system and doing burn-in was install Total War Rome 2, crank everything up to max, and play. Smooth as laminar flow.

Acleacius wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 00:53:
Damn Buckaroo Bonsai was awesome, thanks for the reminder Burrito of Peace!

Any time! "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension" is one of the greatest films in all of human history.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

16. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 9, 2019, 04:01 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 19:03:
Squirmer wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 18:40:
Is it just the Epic exclusive you're still pissed about?

I don't care what platform a game is on so that is not it.

This looks like a mobile game, one in wherein my GPU would be 80% underutilized.

That new Call of Duty looks like it will exercise your GPU.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

15. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 9, 2019, 03:59 jdreyer

Task wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 15:54:
Most things are awful to you Cutter.

Looked like a cool concept after watching the video.

Yeah, almost like a one-soldier XCom.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

14. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 9, 2019, 00:53 Acleacius

Acleacius wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 19:07:
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; unless you meant egs!
Damn Buckaroo Bonsai was awesome, thanks for the reminder Burrito of Peace!

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

13. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 8, 2019, 23:34 Numinar

This looks like a mobile game, one in wherein my GPU would be 80% underutilized.

If hardware utilisation is your benchmark for quality then you are in luck. I there is some good free benchmark and stress test software for your... enjoyment.

12. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 8, 2019, 23:18 HorrorScope

It must be me, but they have like only 3 games that I have any interest in and one can be played on Game Pass.  

11. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 8, 2019, 19:38 Cutter

Task wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 15:54:

Troll harder boy, it's all you're good for.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

10. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 8, 2019, 19:16 RedEye9

Well.. you do buy AMD.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

9. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 8, 2019, 19:07 Acleacius

Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; unless you meant egs!  

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

8. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 8, 2019, 19:03 Burrito of Peace

7. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 8, 2019, 18:40 Squirmer

It looks amazing, what's wrong with you all. Is it just the Epic exclusive you're still pissed about? Reviews seem good so far too.  

6. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 8, 2019, 18:23 Burrito of Peace

That looks like hot garbage.  

5. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 8, 2019, 16:00 Pr()ZaC

Cutter wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 15:11:
Wow, that looks awful.
That's what she said.

Anyway... Reminds me of Transistor + Superhot.

4. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 8, 2019, 15:54 Task

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

3. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 8, 2019, 15:11 Cutter

Wow, that looks awful.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

2. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 8, 2019, 15:06 Kxmode

* crickets *  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

1. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 8, 2019, 14:18 aka_STEVE

someone post who has it & what are your thoughts about it ..  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo